Region 4 District 7 All District Team

Thor63

I have been to quite a few of the games this year in this revamped district, and I must say I am suprised. First, it is no suprise the Riverdale is at the top again. Every year, you hear people say Coach Arman has nothing, but every year they rise to the occasion. Second, if you didn't think LaVergne is for real.....you got another thing coming. You hear alot about Sr Midfielder Ali Guerra, but don't count out the true general of the field, Junior Midfielder Robert Cope. If his teammates would listen to him, they might score alot more goals. He can place the ball and put it in tighter spots than a needle......now......if his outside wings would actually run to get it. Statistically, he is the best player in the District at this very moment.....especially when you add the intangibles. Third....Smyrna....really? This is the coach that ranks the teams for Eurosport, but cant put 5 wins together in a single season. Maybe he should be ranking area restaurants instead. Blackman.....Ryan Zeeck is the only highlight they have, but even he can be shut down as is evident of their record. Siegel is a good team, balanced, no real stand-outs. Coach Shelton put together a really good schedule to test them, but whats the point in having back-ups if they dont get on the field. How are you going to grow your next crop. Oakland......eh.......nothing much to say except even they can beat Smyrna. So......My All District Team as of right now.

Forward........Ryan Zeeck, Blackman

Forward........David Pleitez, Riverdale

Midfielder.........Robert Cope, LaVergne

Midfielder.........Ali Guerra, LaVergne

Midfielder.........Joel Delarosa, Riverdale

Midfielder.........I hate this, but there is a kid on Siegel, and I cant think of his name at this time.

Defenseman.........Aaron Gray, LaVergne

Defenseman.........Lester Vargas, LaVergne

Defenseman.........Jim Huber, Riverdale

Defenseman........Trey Dunn, Blackman

Keeper......Grayson Powell, Riverdale

So.........I hope this is read, and responded to, and would love to hear what some coaches have to say. Let the banter begin

I will take the bait and be the first to respond. How closely do you follow 7AAA? Clearly you are a Lavergne fan and possibly a member of the Cope family. I agree Robert is a very good player, but he is NOT the District Player of the Year. Lavergne is very good this year and was very good last year.

Just FYI, your all-District team includes David Pleitez from Riverdale at forward. David has played at midfield the entire season, except for the first two games. It includes Jim Huber from Riverdale on defense. Jim opted not to play soccer this season. It includes Joel Delarosa who has never started a game for Riverdale varsity that I am aware of. It includes Grayson Powell of Riverdale in goal. Grayson is now healthy and is a great goalkeeper, but was injured and has only played in two games this season (starting one).

By the way, you are overlooking several stars on Riverdale. But, I will not share their names. We like them to be under-rated, over-looked, or as a classic CoachT member once referred to them "a bunch of over-rated underclassmen who have yet to prove anything".

Please do a little research before taking time to singlehandedly select our all-district team, unless your sole purpose is to politic for one player (and take due credit away from his talented Lavergne teammates).

I cannot wait to hear others thoughts on your post. Bring it 7AAA fans!