Franklin county

salecreek

Actually there were 7 touchdowns that was scored. Wells had 3, Nunley had 2, Stachel had 1, and Chartran had 1. They ran the ball really well. Did a few shorter passes that looked good. This team will continue to get better and better. The coaches have done a great job with this group of young men. I wish them the best.

Welcome to the T!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any stats in front of me, but can do my best for a summary.

I was suprised at a very good turnout from the home crowd. The home opener and early season hope always helps, but more than I expected.

As we took the field, my first comment was "our offensive line needs a few more pintos in their diet". Needless to say, they did just fine all game. We scored on our first series about play #5 on 40+ yard run. This would be the theme all night for the Rebels.

I will give credit the best I can:

Soph. [RB] Layton Wells- 2 TD's of 20+

Jr. [RB] Matt Stachel- 3rd down back, great work, 1 TD

Sr. [RB] Sean Chartrand- 2 Td's, was a great leader, encouraging on sideline

Sr. [LB] Cody Jernigan- Was around the ball all night, and had some "wow" hits

Jr. [OL] Mike Sisk - Did a great job opening holes all night. OL captain

Jr. [DT] Jaden Brannon- 6'3" 310 lb rock of the defense, needed triple team!

Those were guys that stod out last night, for the rest of fchs games, I'll bring paper and pencil for a better post game.

Like I said before, everything about the team looked improved from last year. Give Coach Carr and Co. credit. There is a lot of doubt surrounding this young team with very little depth. Last night the attitude was great on and off the field, the young men were very disciplined and passionate.

Special teams (which I harp about the most) was played better than it has been since Red Roberts. The offense had big play after big play in Coach Reeds new system. The defense missed maybe 3 tackles and everyone seemed to just do their part. Pass defense was the only facet that didn't receive an A+ in my book. And for the record, the QB for White Co. has a great arm.

I almost wish FCHS has Shelbyville next week instead of their bye, but the Eagles had one heck of a night! We will let them cool down before we try to climb that mountain. Overall, very impressed with our opener, but we have a long way to go!

The 1st score of the game was a short run to the end zone. I believe it was Nunley. That #28 was all over the field on defense. He was really hustling. Wells had 3 tds and played a lot. There is some depth that they could swap out. I have seen the boys play a lot. There are some good ball players on the sidelines. Chartran had 1 td. It was a long run and he looked pretty fast. I believe Nunley had 2tds and that Stachel had 1td and he ran strong. Him and Nunley run the ball a lot alike. I am excited this season for these boys. They will do well.

The 1st score of the game was a short run to the end zone. I believe it was Nunley. That #28 was all over the field on defense. He was really hustling. Wells had 3 tds and played a lot. There is some depth that they could swap out. I have seen the boys play a lot. There are some good ball players on the sidelines. Chartran had 1 td. It was a long run and he looked pretty fast. I believe Nunley had 2tds and that Stachel had 1td and he ran strong. Him and Nunley run the ball a lot alike. I am excited this season for these boys. They will do well.

Again, I didn't have any stats in front of me, and I tried to remember the best I could.

I still think judgement should be witheld until the Shelbyville game. With all due respect to White County, Shelbyville will be an entirely different challenge for FCHS. I am still very optimistic and looking forward to the next game.

Any suggestion on where to go for the off week? Huntland, T-Town, Coffee County, anyone at home?

Again, I didn't have any stats in front of me, and I tried to remember the best I could.

I still think judgement should be witheld until the Shelbyville game. With all due respect to White County, Shelbyville will be an entirely different challenge for FCHS. I am still very optimistic and looking forward to the next game.

Any suggestion on where to go for the off week? Huntland, T-Town, Coffee County, anyone at home?

Yes, White Co is one of the weakest teams in the state. I think FC will win 2 or 3 games. They should be good in 2 to 3 years..good class of sophs and good class of freshmen. They just need to keep the top players from leaving for other schools.

If you are looking for a game to attend this Friday, Cookeville at Tullahoma should be a good one. Cookeville is the defending 6AAA champs. Franklin Co fans are always welcome. Good luck to the Rebels this season.

If you are looking for a game to attend this Friday, Cookeville at Tullahoma should be a good one. Cookeville is the defending 6AAA champs. Franklin Co fans are always welcome. Good luck to the Rebels this season.

That sounds like the winner! I am anxious to see your new stadium, and a good football game! I also will enjoy seeing Coach Britton, I have alot of respect for him. I appreciate the invite, and the unusual hospitality from a Wildcat :P. I appreciate the luck, we may need it along the way, trying to get into the playoffs. Good luck to your Wildcats Friday night! I'll be there, rooting against Cookeville! [That's as fas as I can go]

Edited by Rebel_Pride