Raby leaves OS?

bulldogqueen

Jordan is good player but i certainly doubt D-1 she will have to really improve to be as good as Kayla. GO LADY BOBCATS :twisted::twisted::twisted:

look Jordan will go division one, Kayla went to four state tourney's i think, but she took coalfield to one, so Kayla had way more press I guess, if you want to look at it that way. I think it speaks very well for the whole district to turn out some div -1 type kids every so often. Plus AAU was a big factor for Kayla, she played for flight, who are top dogs, and Jordan really didnt get exposed to that for quite some time, but the team she played with this past yr, had some horses on it. But any way, she will get a shot bc i know some div -1 schools will look at her, now whether or not she capitalizes on the moment is up to her.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I could weigh in on this even though it's the middle of Fall.

1. OS will need to really improve without Raby, but it can be done. Also, until someone beats them they are my number 1 4a team. (Won it 4 straight years)

2. Wartburg has had a great 3 year run. Now it's time to set things up for their next one. .500 team during the regular season, but if Davidson and Kidd learn to carry the load they could be back in the Regionals this year. Realistically I would put them somewhere between 3-5 in 4a (regular season finish) I'll not bet against them in a tournament though.

3. Coalfield needs a couple of players to step up. Can you say box and 1

4. Oneida needs to return to glory in a bad way. If they don't do it this year you may be time to turn out the lights up that way.

5. Sunbright Lost some pretty good talent and I look for them to be good again in 2011

6. Jellico may get better I don't see how they could be worse.

7. Oakdale is the team that should be in the top two this year. It is their best chance to be top dogs that they will have in the near future.

So to recap

1. OS

2. Oakdale

3. Oneida

4. Wartburg/Coalfield

5. Wartburg/Coalfield

6. Sunbright

7. Jellico

• 3 weeks later...

look Jordan will go division one, Kayla went to four state tourney's i think, but she took coalfield to one, so Kayla had way more press I guess, if you want to look at it that way. I think it speaks very well for the whole district to turn out some div -1 type kids every so often. Plus AAU was a big factor for Kayla, she played for flight, who are top dogs, and Jordan really didnt get exposed to that for quite some time, but the team she played with this past yr, had some horses on it. But any way, she will get a shot bc i know some div -1 schools will look at her, now whether or not she capitalizes on the moment is up to her.

Sorry but that wont happen she can play Division 2 Most of you folks need to realize how very hard it is to play D-1 basketball i dont recall the # but i believe it was something like 1 in every 15,000 girls make D-1 so try not to put to much pressure on this young lady i wouild be thrilled if she gets to play D-1 but i think that is certainly a longshot but good luck to her if that is her desire. As far as Kayla I disagree she could have never played AAU and still been where she is today she is just that good GOD given talent.

Edited by BBALLTN

• 2 weeks later...

Potter went to Oakdale, and Raby went to Stone memorial. Raby brother got teaching job there I hear, and Potter just wanted to go somewhere else, I don't think potter is playing ball at Oakdale

Kat Potter did go to Oakdale she has tore both her ACL's within one year,she made the choice to leave

basketball on that reason only. If you wonder why they are leaving OS go watch a game or just sit in the crowd and listen, you will know real quick why they are leaving they will be more that will leave.

:)

starting i'm not sure. but they have all the returning (last year's juniors) which is harvey, fitch, murray, davis. also, carter, christopher, martin, giles, ball, todd, and the new freshman.

i'm sure harvey, murray, davis, carter, and fitch will start.... but not positive. probably switch davis, murray and christopher out games on starting positions

starting i'm not sure. but they have all the returning (last year's juniors) which is harvey, fitch, murray, davis. also, carter, christopher, martin, giles, ball, todd, and the new freshman.

i'm sure harvey, murray, davis, carter, and fitch will start.... but not positive. probably switch davis, murray and christopher out games on starting positions

I think it will be more like this,Starters will be Christopher,Harvey,Fitch,Murray and Davis. she will switch out and Murray with Martin and Davis with Carter,Harvey will switch with Ball and Fitch with Giles. ALL I AM SAYING JUST WATCH IT HAPPEN!

I think it will be more like this,Starters will be Christopher,Harvey,Fitch,Murray and Davis. she will switch out and Murray with Martin and Davis with Carter,Harvey will switch with Ball and Fitch with Giles. ALL I AM SAYING JUST WATCH IT HAPPEN!

Maybe that is what CMC feels will give her the best chance to win. I just don't understand why people are always bashing coaches in this district. I used to do that but learned a lesson in watching them perform. Hines, Snow, Davis, Christopher are good people to put up with what they do and our district is lucky to have them.

The fact is that winning isn't something that everyone gets to do, and it certainly isn't easy. Do you have to be demanding to win at this level? YES! Do you have to make difficult decisions in order to develop a program? YES! Sometimes are kids dissapointed when they don't get to play? YES! but a coach has to make the tough decisions to keep things going. I say enjoy the games and let em coach! Winning seasons come and go, but I'm convinced that 4A has some of the best working with our girls.

Maybe that is what CMC feels will give her the best chance to win. I just don't understand why people are always bashing coaches in this district. I used to do that but learned a lesson in watching them perform. Hines, Snow, Davis, Christopher are good people to put up with what they do and our district is lucky to have them.

The fact is that winning isn't something that everyone gets to do, and it certainly isn't easy. Do you have to be demanding to win at this level? YES! Do you have to make difficult decisions in order to develop a program? YES! Sometimes are kids dissapointed when they don't get to play? YES! but a coach has to make the tough decisions to keep things going. I say enjoy the games and let em coach! Winning seasons come and go, but I'm convinced that 4A has some of the best working with our girls.

I can't agree with that,when you have a coach that refuses to talk to the parents and makes it clear she will not talk to any parent about anything.I think if you have a player down on the court you could at least walk out and check on them,and the same when you have players that are in the hospital because of injuries that happen in the game, shouldn't a coach at least take 5 mins. and check on them. When you sit and watch a game and one player has 13 turnovers in the first half and the second half stars and she is back in and its not just me its everyone talking. If you are going to justify why this player is still in you really need to have something to back it. But if you refuse to talk to the parents or to talk about the game then you dont have to justify anything. :thumb:

Being from Oakdale I don't have any real interest in this but in the spirit of debate I'll continue.....

4 Straight District 4A Championships, 2 Regional Championships, and 4 trips to Boro' What exactly is there to justify? I think CMC is top rate. What exactly would you have to say to her? You want to discuss someone els's child with her. A coach doesn't have the right to discuss someone els's kid with you. I have a daughter and if someone approached the coach about removing my child from the game we would have problems. Let the coach do their job which CMC is doing if you cant handle playing for a competitive top rate program maybe you shouldn't be playing. Most kids would love to be in a program with that kind of success.

Edited by superdaveosborne

Being from Oakdale I don't have any real interest in this but in the spirit of debate I'll continue.....

4 Straight District 4A Championships, 2 Regional Championships, and 4 trips to Boro' What exactly is there to justify? I think CMC is top rate. What exactly would you have to say to her? You want to discuss someone els's child with her. A coach doesn't have the right to discuss someone els's kid with you. I have a daughter and if someone approached the coach about removing my child from the game we would have problems. Let the coach do their job which CMC is doing if you cant handle playing for a competitive top rate program maybe you shouldn't be playing. Most kids would love to be in a program with that kind of success.

With CMC coaching at Oliver Springs and their past 4 straight district 4A championships, 2 regional championships, and 4 past trips to Murfessboro... it's not always the coach, yes the coach has a big part in the team but most of it can also be talent in the players that makes things happen. In this past season, OS didn't make it to the boro, and it was first season without Kayla, that can show you that it's part talent and not all what the coaches do.

With CMC coaching at Oliver Springs and their past 4 straight district 4A championships, 2 regional championships, and 4 past trips to Murfessboro... it's not always the coach, yes the coach has a big part in the team but most of it can also be talent in the players that makes things happen. In this past season, OS didn't make it to the boro, and it was first season without Kayla, that can show you that it's part talent and not all what the coaches do.

Well said!

Super Dave, I never once said that anyone wanted to approach the coach about any kid or even there own kid.I don't care what Coach it is sometimes a parent needs to talk to the coach just as you would talk to your childs teacher.I just hate to see more kids from OS walk away. :lol: