MTCS VS WATERTOWN

irish 4

WELL BOTH TEAMS DROPPED THEIR WEEK 0 OPENERS. BOTH SHOULD BE HUNGRY FOR A FIRST VICTORY.

MTCS LOOKED PRETTY GOOD AGAINST A VERY GOOD FRIENDSHIP TEAM. A FEW DROPPED PASSES AND A MENTAL MISTAKE AND THINGS COULD HAVE TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

THE COUGARS HAVE A DEFINITE HIT EM IN THE TEETH DEFENSE.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good to hear. I keep telling everyone up our way that you guys are going to be tough to handle. I think you guys have 17 seniors this year; right? It sounds like you all had a good showing against FCS. We scrimmaged Watertown this summer and if MTCS is as good as I think, you'll win by at least 14. Good luck!

That's good to hear. I keep telling everyone up our way that you guys are going to be tough to handle. I think you guys have 17 seniors this year; right? It sounds like you all had a good showing against FCS. We scrimmaged Watertown this summer and if MTCS is as good as I think, you'll win by at least 14. Good luck!

Thanks MOTO. Yep, 17 seniors and the potential to be the best and most successful team in the school's history. These guys that are seniors were 7th graders when the school started its football program. Lots of positives from Friday's game. Friendship isn't what they were last year but they are a good team and I expect them to make the 2A play-offs. There are areas where we have to improve (that's true of everyone, I suppose).

Is Cascade coming to y'all's place this week?

Thanks MOTO. Yep, 17 seniors and the potential to be the best and most successful team in the school's history. These guys that are seniors were 7th graders when the school started its football program. Lots of positives from Friday's game. Friendship isn't what they were last year but they are a good team and I expect them to make the 2A play-offs. There are areas where we have to improve (that's true of everyone, I suppose).

Is Cascade coming to y'all's place this week?

YES...this will be only the second time in the last 6 games that Cascade comes to Jo Byrns. The last time they came to us they beat us so we have some payback to give!

HOW IS YOUR DAY GOING , COFFEEBREAK? MTCS HAD A GREAT PRACTICE YESTERDAY, AND ARE

FIRED UP.

Stopped by as practice was finishing up last night. Most everyone is healthy (a freshie was a little gimpy). Coach sez there have been 2 good days of practice this week. Need to keep it going. Looking forward to the Home Opener Friday night.

If you can't come you can keep up with scores on twitter.com/mtcsscoreupdate and if you do come... don't forget to say "Hey" to Ms. Phyllis in the concession stand.

I too will take the MTCS. Good luck to both teams.

The Tennessean picked Watertown. Of course we know ol' Chip doesn't know anything about either school. I suspect he saw last year's 25-0 score, noticed that Watertown was 2A and MTCS 1A and made the easy choice.

Home Opener for MTCS. Hope a big crowd comes out.