Fairview (1-0)vs. East Hickmam(0-2)

FriNightLights

So what do you suggest a coach at East Hickman should do when a player quits or is dismissed for disciplinary reasons and the middle school coach tells the player that the high school coach has to let you play. Encouraging the player and family to plead their case before the "Wizard of Oz". Then the wizard in his infinite wisdom of what is good and just in the development of character and team, over-rides the coach and mandates that the individual WILL be on the team???????

Ladies and gentlemen........introducing the greatest show on earth........Barnum & Bailey's Three Ring Circus! Permanent address: Hwy 7 in Lyles, TN. I don't care who is coaching that team, if the community will not let the coaches coach and be supportive, they are putting their own child's chance of success in serious jeopardy.....much less the team. I feel sorry for the kids because they are watching and being taught by the infinite wisdom of their parents. The same parents who probably quit high school sports because they did not get their way or could not play dead in a western movie. Now all they have is......."I Could've been real good." Would've, could've, should've. With all that being said, I wish Eh all the best. The kids who have character and the coaches who have character deserve better than what they are getting. I remember when the school was being built. The buzz was how proud the East folk were to have their own school and how they were going to separate themselves from the other side of the county. Wow....they have definetly separated themselves. They have taken it to new heights. Hang in the there EH.

So what do you suggest a coach at East Hickman should do when a player quits or is dismissed for disciplinary reasons and the middle school coach tells the player that the high school coach has to let you play. Encouraging the player and family to plead their case before the "Wizard of Oz". Then the wizard in his infinite wisdom of what is good and just in the development of character and team, over-rides the coach and mandates that the individual WILL be on the team???????

I am not sure if you are aware..... NEWS FLASH ! Quarterback quits in middle of the second game,throws his helmet down and walks off ,goes into stands, embarrasing his school, coach, and the community., this is the same kid who has quit the team every year prior ( Freshman,Sophmore,Senior), now his coach has allowed this head case back on the team. Boy what kind of statement are you making? (This family tried this crap with Coach Jones, he wasnt having it) this King guy is a joke, no kahounas,no brains. I guess we shall see tonight how this mastermind will try to pull it off......

• Upvote 1

I am not sure if you are aware..... NEWS FLASH ! Quarterback quits in middle of the second game,throws his helmet down and walks off ,goes into stands, embarrasing his school, coach, and the community., this is the same kid who has quit the team every year prior ( Freshman,Sophmore,Senior), now his coach has allowed this head case back on the team. Boy what kind of statement are you making? (This family tried this crap with Coach Jones, he wasnt having it) this King guy is a joke, no kahounas,no brains. I guess we shall see tonight how this mastermind will try to pull it off......

I am very aware of the behavior that you speak of. The statement I am making is that this family (with the encouragement of the middle school coach)took their case to the "wizard". You are correct...... the previous HC "wasn't having it". The community backlash,coupled with the decision of the "wizard" to reinstate the player regardless of what was best for the team, set a precedent for who in fact would make the day to day decisions about the direction of the football program. As a result of the lack of support, the community and central office admin. essentially showed the HC and the rest of the coaches "the door". Who is to say that the current head coach has not had to deal with the same micro-managing from central office and the lack of support from the community and his feeder program?

East will struggle until positive changes occur at central office and the cut throat, politically underminding behaviors in the community stop. Someday another opportunity will come to the current head coach and I hope he takes full advantage of it. The middle school coach should be the next head coach at East Hickman High School it is what the community seems to want......... and they deserve to have it.

Edited by veritas