Fairview (1-0)vs. East Hickmam(0-2)

FriNightLights

I think East has a long way to go. after the antics of the last game against Loretto I dont see a win this year,( Qback quitting the team in the middle of the game). There are some very good kids on the team but a few bad apples rots the batch. One thing is comical in Fairview, before last year when Coach came from the Middle School all these big mouth jealous experts were on here bashing him and expressing thier vast knowledge of what it takes to be a High School coach and how it is sooooo different in High School. Well it looks like he is doing a pretty good job so far.Well........no, he is doing a excellent job so far. Just think, had our East Hickman Middle School Coach been chosen, East might be enjoying the sweet taste of victory as well......

I think East has a long way to go. after the antics of the last game against Loretto I dont see a win this year,( Qback quitting the team in the middle of the game). There are some very good kids on the team but a few bad apples rots the batch. One thing is comical in Fairview, before last year when Coach came from the Middle School all these big mouth jealous experts were on here bashing him and expressing thier vast knowledge of what it takes to be a High School coach and how it is sooooo different in High School. Well it looks like he is doing a pretty good job so far.Well........no, he is doing a excellent job so far. Just think, had our East Hickman Middle School Coach been chosen, East might be enjoying the sweet taste of victory as well......

Some of these bad apples that you refer to have been directly influenced by their middle school experience. When you are allowed to conduct yourself in a manner that is unbecoming and still play then you enable the negative behaviors that have surfaced repeatedly over the years on the high school level where the acountability is different.

In regards to middle school vs. high school coaching and which is better...... good coaching is good coaching regardless of level. Are there differences in the game? ABSOLUTELY! Things like year round preparation,and academic eligibility are at play at the high school level.

Would East Hickman's middle school coach be successful at the high school level? Someday we may find out as the Barnum and Bailey's three ring circus that is East Hickman will limit the interest of credible coaches from the "outside" in the job. My guess is after the King era is over the middle school coach may be the last man standing.

Will he take it if offered? Who knows if he is ready or willing to make the jump. Let us not forget he was offered a high school job on the first coaching staff, accepted and then quit a high school job at his alma mater, helped to lead the coup against the first coach and applied for the vacancy. Lastly, he was offered a coordinator's position on the current coach's staff, yet he is still the middle school coach. Opportunity has knocked more than once I would say.

Yes I dont think this will be much of a game. Fairview should have the JV in at the half. Didnt that Q back quit every year so far? I would think after 3 years he has proven to be unreliable, yet East coach put him at the helm of the offense. Does not make sense, YES ! Coach Hughes is doing great. I think ther Middle School coach for East would find success at the High School.

Some of these bad apples that you refer to have been directly influenced by their middle school experience. When you are allowed to conduct yourself in a manner that is unbecoming and still play then you enable the negative behaviors that have surfaced repeatedly over the years on the high school level where the acountability is different.

In regards to middle school vs. high school coaching and which is better...... good coaching is good coaching regardless of level. Are there differences in the game? ABSOLUTELY! Things like year round preparation,and academic eligibility are at play at the high school level.

Would East Hickman's middle school coach be successful at the high school level? Someday we may find out as the Barnum and Bailey's three ring circus that is East Hickman will limit the interest of credible coaches from the "outside" in the job. My guess is after the King era is over the middle school coach may be the last man standing.

Will he take it if offered? Who knows if he is ready or willing to make the jump. Let us not forget he was offered a high school job on the first coaching staff, accepted and then quit a high school job at his alma mater, helped to lead the coup against the first coach and applied for the vacancy. Lastly, he was offered a coordinator's position on the current coach's staff, yet he is still the middle school coach. Opportunity has knocked more than once I would say.

Maybe you can come fix the problem since you have all the information and know what needs to be done. You should bring your vast knowledge of the game to Centerville and bow in front of the great Doctor ( Dictator ), maybe he shall grant you passage into the world of East hickman High School Football.

• Upvote 1

Maybe you can come fix the problem since you have all the information and know what needs to be done. You should bring your vast knowledge of the game to Centerville and bow in front of the great Doctor ( Dictator ), maybe he shall grant you passage into the world of East hickman High School Football.

It is not a question of knowledge, for there have been far more knowledgable coaches involved with the program than this humble fan. A few football coaches and a particular baseball coach come to mind. Where are these coaches now? GONE....... fallen prey to a community at large without a clue of the investment required to build a successful program and a micro-managing director of schools that won't allow coaches to run the programs in the manner needed to be successful.

As far as bowing in front of the great doctor in Centerville.......... I will leave you with this thought,

East Hickman is much like the great movie "The Wizard of Oz". The great doctor sits behind the curtain pulling the levers and strings while expecting those around him to cower in awe of his omniscience. When the flying crazies report to him their dissent he is quick to act to conceal his fraud by asserting his power to enable the complainers at the expense of those players and coaches that are willing to make the investment in each other and the future.

I will choose not to bow and seek passage....... I will leave that to Dorothy, the Cowardly lion, the Scare Crow and the Tin Man.......

Edited by veritas

It is not a question of knowledge, for there have been far more knowledgable coaches involved with the program than this humble fan. A few football coaches and a particular baseball coach come to mind. Where are these coaches now? GONE....... fallen prey to a community at large without a clue of the investment required to build a successful program and a micro-managing director of schools that won't allow coaches to run the programs in the manner needed to be successful.

As far as bowing in front of the great doctor in Centerville.......... I will leave you with this thought,

East Hickman is much like the great movie "The Wizard of Oz". The great doctor sits behind the curtain pulling the levers and strings while expecting those around him to cower in awe of his omniscience. When the flying crazies report to him their dissent he is quick to act to conceal his fraud by asserting his power to enable the complainers at the expense of those players and coaches that are willing to make the investment in each other and the future.

I will choose not to bow and seek passage....... I will leave that to Dorothy, the Cowardly lion, the Scare Crow and the Tin Man.......

lol.....I love that description. I am laughing so hard my stomach hurts. It is 100% true, I liked the first Football Coach very much and hated to see him go. My first love is with baseball and East Hickman had sometyhing special with Coach Britt,but the wizard of oz hid behind his curtain and had is puppets do his evil deed. Both are doing good in other places and that makes me happy for them. One puzzling thing, the first baseball Coach was protected all year after complaints started coming in at the beginning of the School year, it fell on deaf ears, now here he is on Tenn sex offender registry , turns out all those complaining parents and staff members were telling the truth,but it was managed to be kept quiet for the most part.

lol.....I love that description. I am laughing so hard my stomach hurts. It is 100% true, I liked the first Football Coach very much and hated to see him go. My first love is with baseball and East Hickman had sometyhing special with Coach Britt,but the wizard of oz hid behind his curtain and had is puppets do his evil deed. Both are doing good in other places and that makes me happy for them. One puzzling thing, the first baseball Coach was protected all year after complaints started coming in at the beginning of the School year, it fell on deaf ears, now here he is on Tenn sex offender registry , turns out all those complaining parents and staff members were telling the truth,but it was managed to be kept quiet for the most part.

I forgot here is his web page............ straight from the office of Dr. Nash http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/sorint/sordetailart.aspx?htid=00459494

Yes I dont think this will be much of a game. Fairview should have the JV in at the half. Didnt that Q back quit every year so far? I would think after 3 years he has proven to be unreliable, yet East coach put him at the helm of the offense. Does not make sense, YES ! Coach Hughes is doing great. I think ther Middle School coach for East would find success at the High School.

Yup...ole hog head does some stupid things.That Qback should of never been on the team in the first place, he has quit every year, what would make this year different? Now he quits in the middle of the second game. Brilliant Coaching, no suprise to me, Now what does he do? Make the freshman the starter? I hate it for that kid, he can be really good... but not under this guy. Bring on the Middle School Coach,he is a winner and will find ways to win, he lives in and cares about his community,I am sure he will shine a new light on this dark situation. Fairview will have a good night friday, I wish the best for the Eagles, but this was bad.and has gotten worse.

• Upvote 1

Yup...ole hog head does some stupid things.That Qback should of never been on the team in the first place, he has quit every year, what would make this year different? Now he quits in the middle of the second game. Brilliant Coaching, no suprise to me, Now what does he do? Make the freshman the starter? I hate it for that kid, he can be really good... but not under this guy. Bring on the Middle School Coach,he is a winner and will find ways to win, he lives in and cares about his community,I am sure he will shine a new light on this dark situation. Fairview will have a good night friday, I wish the best for the Eagles, but this was bad.and has gotten worse.

So what do you suggest a coach at East Hickman should do when a player quits or is dismissed for disciplinary reasons and the middle school coach tells the player that the high school coach has to let you play. Encouraging the player and family to plead their case before the "Wizard of Oz". Then the wizard in his infinite wisdom of what is good and just in the development of character and team, over-rides the coach and mandates that the individual WILL be on the team???????