Camden travels to Huntingdon

QBClubPrez

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Mansfield isn't coaching on Friday night and the kids playing this week didn't have a thing to do with what took place 10-15 years ago.

I agree....Wouldn't matter if Coach Mansfield was coaching...the Stangs ain't got the "horses"! As a matter of fact...Bear Bryant I don't think would be much of an asset to the Stangs this week...the Lions are big, quick, and physical! I'm sure however that the Stangs will hang tough IF they don't turn it over like they did against Westview...but, that's what defenses like Camden's do....cause turnovers!

I agree....Wouldn't matter if Coach Mansfield was coaching...the Stangs ain't got the "horses"! As a matter of fact...Bear Bryant I don't think would be much of an asset to the Stangs this week...the Lions are big, quick, and physical! I'm sure however that the Stangs will hang tough IF they don't turn it over like they did against Westview...but, that's what defenses like Camden's do....cause turnovers!

By looking at these peoples opinion's on here. Maybe Huntingdon should just forfeit the game.

I'm a lifelong Mustang fan and former player. I will also be the first to admit that Huntingdon is WAY down this season in many aspects. Talent, heart, and support are three. I'm hoping each week that the stangs come out a little stronger. But all i've heard is how phically good camden is this year. It's a shame to see the stangs struggling like they are but truth be told, they are. Camden should have their way this season. I really hope the rumors about the schedule changing aren't true. My whole life Huntingdon has been an elite program in the state. Even in the past few years they have shown heart and pride for their program and I want that to continue on. I will admit tho, I'm a little nervous about the future of our program. I'm not saying its the coaching at all. I believe we have a fabulous staff, but the talent level is decreasing as well as the heart and pride level as well.

I'm a lifelong Mustang fan and former player. I will also be the first to admit that Huntingdon is WAY down this season in many aspects. Talent, heart, and support are three. I'm hoping each week that the stangs come out a little stronger. But all i've heard is how phically good camden is this year. It's a shame to see the stangs struggling like they are but truth be told, they are. Camden should have their way this season. I really hope the rumors about the schedule changing aren't true. My whole life Huntingdon has been an elite program in the state. Even in the past few years they have shown heart and pride for their program and I want that to continue on. I will admit tho, I'm a little nervous about the future of our program. I'm not saying its the coaching at all. I believe we have a fabulous staff, but the talent level is decreasing as well as the heart and pride level as well.

Scheduling rumors??...please share with us "non-Carroll Countians"!

I have traveled down to 2 Huntingdon games this season, Union City and Milan.

I thought Huntingdon was a million times better against Union City than they were against Milan. Number 1, because the head coach changed the offense a little bit. Which I told you would happen. Huntingdon improved that much in just 2 weeks! If they keep getting better, then maybe good things will happen later on this season (maybe a deep playoff run).

Also, I think the pride is still there along with heart in the program. The players have absolutely no control over how may people show up in the stands. For example, just look at the Union City crowd, it has half full. Do you people think their program is down, NO! They won the whole thing last year!!

I stopped at a DINER in Huntingdon last time i was there and all the people talked about around me was how people in Huntingdon have lived for football over the last 80 years, how they lived and died by the FALL months. I had to sit on the Union City side while I attended that game because there wasnt a seat for me on the HOME side. (Old Men need a sit down). Anyway, I dont think anything has changed with Huntingdon's program. It looks just as intimidating as it did 10 years ago when they were winning 11,12,13 games a year.

I guess I will have the wear my blue Harriman shirt for tomorrow nights game. Its the only blue shirt i got. The game is in Huntingdon right?

Scheduling rumors??...please share with us "non-Carroll Countians"!

I haven't heard any around Huntingdon. I was actually referring to the rumors already posted on this board about us dropping milan and maybe ya'll too. That, IMO would be the biggest mistake in the world. Even if we lose for the next few years we still have to keep those teams on there. Too much tradition there to take them off. I was looking in the program and we've played Milan and Camden around 70 times. You can't get rid if teams that go back that far.

:thumb:

I haven't heard any around Huntingdon. I was actually referring to the rumors already posted on this board about us dropping milan and maybe ya'll too. That, IMO would be the biggest mistake in the world. Even if we lose for the next few years we still have to keep those teams on there. Too much tradition there to take them off. I was looking in the program and we've played Milan and Camden around 70 times. You can't get rid if teams that go back that far.

Agree - I have told my friends and co-workers I can't stand the Huntingdon Mustangs but I respect the heck out of them. So many great games just this past decade alone. I still say the ghost of Paul Ward comes out on Milan night when the Dawgs are playing there. It would be a total shame to lose that much tradition and rivalry!!

L4E - I hear the Lions are the real deal this year. I hope we get a chance to see each other down the road. :thumb:

:thumb:

Agree - I have told my friends and co-workers I can't stand the Huntingdon Mustangs but I respect the heck out of them. So many great games just this past decade alone. I still say the ghost of Paul Ward comes out on Milan night when the Dawgs are playing there. It would be a total shame to lose that much tradition and rivalry!!

L4E - I hear the Lions are the real deal this year. I hope we get a chance to see each other down the road. :thumb:

I'm somewhat the same way. I respect Milan probably more than any team i've ever played against. When i played there was never trash talk or dirty plays. Just 4 quarters of hard nose football. Thats what its all about. The best team would come out on top, but 9 times out of 10 it'd be a great game to watch. But maybe these are just rumors. Maybe the dawg stang show will come around again next year and the next and the next!

Again...for all of us "non Carroll Countians"..who are all of the members of District 13-A. Isn't this the district where the Mustangs compete now? is the below accurate?

District 13

Team District Overall

McKenzie (2A) 2-0 4-1

Huntingdon (1A) 2-0 2-3

Dresden (2A) 1-1 4-1

West Carroll (1A) 1-1 1-3

Gleason (1A) 0-2 2-2

Hollow Rock-Bruceton (1A) 0-2 1-3

Edited by QBClubPrez

Again...for all of us "non Carroll Countians"..who are all of the members of District 13-A. Isn't this the district where the Mustangs compete now? is the below accurate?

District 13

Team District Overall

McKenzie (2A) 2-0 4-1

Huntingdon (1A) 2-0 2-3

Dresden (2A) 1-1 4-1

West Carroll (1A) 1-1 1-3

Gleason (1A) 0-2 2-2

Hollow Rock-Bruceton (1A) 0-2 1-3

Yeah that looks good. Its not about teams in the district. Huntingdon and Mckenzie should run the table and one of those teams win it every year. I'm talking about non district games against milan and camden and such getting removed from the schedule. But yeah thats the district. Shouldn't have a problem with anyone except Mckenzie and maybe Dresden. Might be one of the weaker districts in the state, but nothing can be done about that. Just have to schedule strong non-district teams. Thats how the baseball team works every year. Play against nobody teams in the district and dominate them, but they play 4 and 5a schools as well and have become a top notch program in the state