CAK hosts Kingston take II

Abijah

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Kingston coming into the game full strength or do they have any injuries to be concerned about? CAK is bruised up some,(body and ego), but in pretty good shape overall. We've got one starter dealing with a high ankle sprain and one with some sore ribs, then just the customary bumps and bruises.

I think Kingston is as healthy as can be expected for it to be this far into the season. I think all starters will be playing.

yeah, I expect all of CAK's starters to be playing as well. Is the band coming?

I don't know if the band is going to make it or not, I hope so because I think they are one of the better high school bands that I have seen.

This might turn out to be a good game! Us hope both teams play well and no matter who the winner is, us hope for an injury free game for both sides!

I don't know if the band is going to make it or not, I hope so because I think they are one of the better high school bands that I have seen.

This might turn out to be a good game! Us hope both teams play well and no matter who the winner is, us hope for an injury free game for both sides!

Ditto on the injury free game on both sides. Just got word that the Kingston Band will be there, evidently they will be doing a veterans day tribute jointly with the CAK band at halftime. So there you have it, come one come all, see a good game, get some good halftime entertainment, and get you some good grilled burgers and nanner puddn.

Ditto on the injury free game on both sides. Just got word that the Kingston Band will be there, evidently they will be doing a veterans day tribute jointly with the CAK band at halftime. So there you have it, come one come all, see a good game, get some good halftime entertainment, and get you some good grilled burgers and nanner puddn.

Amen for the 'nanner puddin'!!!

Nice win for the Warriors. Was concerned we may still be a little foggy after the Alcoa game, but the guys came out ready to play. Too many turnovers (3 INTs) for my liking and way too many penalties, but we got a couple of the turnovers back with INTs of our own. The defense was much improved tonight. We gave up a couple big passes, but had a couple real nice stands and thwarted a fake punt attempt early in the game. Nice job guys of bouncing back from the loss last week and taking care of business tonight. :thumb:

Great job Warriors! This game had the potential to be a bit of a trap coming off of a tough Alcoa game, but the Warriors came out fired up and took care of their business. I have been impressed with the run defense the last several weeks, particularly starting with the Elizabethton game. Those guys have really stepped up. This coming week will be the biggest challenge against the run so far (outside of Alcoa.)

Great to see the emergence of #5 and #14 the last several weeks. Without seeing the film, it looked like #75 may have had his best game of the year. #18 gets my defensive player of the game, with #5 getting the offensive mvp. Game MVP to #2.

I believe #16, Howell WR is easily all district, possibly all state as a sophomore, and #2, Epperly QB is all state.

One final note on this game. I sincerely would like to thank anyone who reads this board that is affiliated with the Kingston (Roane Co.High School) band. I'm not a high school band enthusiast but I certainly appreciate the level of energy and excitement they bring to a high school football game. The halftime tribute to the veterans, performed jointly by the Kingston & CAK bands, was actually moving. I could see the pride and appreciation from the veterans in the stands who stood whenever their branch of the military's fight song was played. The large American flag was loaned to the bands by a bakery in Crossville, thank you to that company as well. And thanks to the CAK administration for having this much deserved tribute!

CAK's band is very small and still learning what it takes to enhance the atmosphere at the Warriors games. But they are getting there, and staying for most of the game now :thumb: I've noticed they are a bit more up tempo this year and thats good. (Just got to get'm not to play when we are on offense and trying to call a play, ha.) If we could rent the Roane Co. High School band and blend in our CAK band for this Friday night, I would say, where do I send my check? Great job to both bands.

Edited by FootballDad