Who will win it in DII AA & A?

BigENS

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigENS

I guess the private sector does not have enough interest this year other than you and I. I posted for ranking in DII A 2 weeks ago without a response. I guess everyone believes we just pay money for our championships. LOL. I think MBA will be the champs this year in AA and Knox Webb in A. Contenders will be St. George, USJ in A and Ensworth in AA.

I think Lauasanne will be the best single a team out of memphis

Damien Wooten 6'1 jr

Cameron Payne 5'10 so

Ander Galfsky 6'2 sr

Quentin Sawyer 5'11 so

Adiar Gasol 6'9 jr

Joesph Williams 6'5 fr

this team was a last second layup from making from going to state last year and that was with no starter taller then 6'2 now they have size and 2 of the most underrated guards in the state in wooten and payne

In AA I'll put my money on Braircrest they are real young and also just miss going to state last year 6'7 AUSTIN Nichols is problyTOP 5 IN STAE IN his CLASS OF 2013 6'2 CHRIS JONES Is starting to get offers from mid majors and DeMarc Richardson is also getting mid major offers also Anthony COLE Micheal Sillyman and Sean Touhy are some the other key players back and dont sleep on MUS they return ONE of the better backcourts in the state in Ivan Denson and Carlton McCord but the loss of WHit Thortan will hurt alot

MBA will definately be the team to beat but Christian brothers will be up there. Not sure about Knox Webb is going this year without their two big studs from last year so not sure how they will fare. Haven't heard about the Gasol kid from Lausanne, is he by chane related to the boys in the NBA?? 6'9 is definately something you can build around, especially in DIIA.

Division II AA has been very exciting for the last couple of years. Just when you think you know who is going to come out on top, then there's a surprise. MBA goes to the final four with 4 of its 5 losses against the other three final four teams and comes out the State Champion.

There are lots of reasons to like MBA. Impressive front line lead by 6'7" David Howard (an All Tournament selection). I hear the MUS transfer is very good as well and then you add 6'5" Jojo Guirre and that's an impressive front line. What is even more interesting is that none of these guys play football and are busy in the gym already.

You add a front court of Chase Owen and Aaron Simonis and you have a tandem that plays great defense and can put their share of points on the board.

The X factor is Austin Blackwell. He could become one of the very best to ever play at MBA if he stays focused on being a complete basketball player. His last minute of play in the state championship was one of the most unbelievable you'll ever see. He doesn't need to lead the team in scoring to be the team's most valuable player if you know what I mean.

While they are more talented than last year's team, the challenge will be (1) who replaces tough guys Colbert and Bars? The big guys are all a bit more finese than bruisers and every team needs one or two. And (2) who replaces the leadership of captains Mobley and Paslick. In the big games, it was this pair that either made the big shot, pass, rebound or stop. Those are the questions that will need to be answered if they are to repeat.

Yes big ENS he is their younger brother he has not played highschool ball but like u said at 6-9 in div 2 aa he can be dominated also i dont know about cbhs this might be a rebuilding year for them

From what I hear St. Benedict and Briarcrest are favored in a tough west district. They both have great size and good young guard play. I know its early but SBA looked pretty good without their football guys Saturday against some pretty tough AAA competition in the likes of Germantown, Kirby, and Wooddale. Thsi should be a great year in Division II AA!

Does anyone have any ideas? I hear that MBA coming off a championship has reloaded and looks to win it again in DII AA. Who is the team to beat in DII A?

I think DII-AA will be very competitive in the East and West. I'd say the favorites have to be CBHS, Briarcrest, and MBA would be my guess....but I would never count out Ensworth, McCallie, or BA. Ensworth has McDermott on the inside with Elder as well as a deep rotation.

Definitely going to be more competition in DII-A this season than usual. I don't see Knox Webb being as good this year with losses to graduation It will be a battle for sure in the East, and Knox Webb might win by default. If USN can get the DCA transfer eligible, or get to substate, they will be a force to be reckoned with. In the west, it is anyone's guess with ECS, Lausanne, St. George's, and USJ should all be competitive. It's tough to pick out of that group.

I think Lauasanne will be the best single a team out of memphis

Damien Wooten 6'1 jr

Cameron Payne 5'10 so

Ander Galfsky 6'2 sr

Quentin Sawyer 5'11 so

Adiar Gasol 6'9 jr

Joesph Williams 6'5 fr

this team was a last second layup from making from going to state last year and that was with no starter taller then 6'2 now they have size and 2 of the most underrated guards in the state in wooten and payne

In AA I'll put my money on Braircrest they are real young and also just miss going to state last year 6'7 AUSTIN Nichols is problyTOP 5 IN STAE IN his CLASS OF 2013 6'2 CHRIS JONES Is starting to get offers from mid majors and DeMarc Richardson is also getting mid major offers also Anthony COLE Micheal Sillyman and Sean Touhy are some the other key players back and dont sleep on MUS they return ONE of the better backcourts in the state in Ivan Denson and Carlton McCord but the loss of WHit Thortan will hurt alot

I disagree. Melrose is probobly best out of memphis seeing how they have Adonis Thomas, Cedrick McAfee, and Bobby Parks Jr., all 3 are in the top 150 recruiting class for 2011

I disagree. Melrose is probobly best out of memphis seeing how they have Adonis Thomas, Cedrick McAfee, and Bobby Parks Jr., all 3 are in the top 150 recruiting class for 2011

I would suggest you look at the topic of this thread. I do agree with Melrose being a very big monster.

They are not a private school. THey are not in Single A. They would kill any private school in this state

Do your research on the School division in TN.

BTW Bobby Parks has moved back to his home in the Phillipines. He had a good year at Melrose but not a Great year last year at Melrose. He also went to St George a true DIIA school 2 years ago, transferred to Mississippi school and then back to a TN school called Melrose. I still am scratching my head over how JJ at Melrose got this little trick past the brains at TSSAA.

i was sayin lauasanne was the best in div 2-a now if u want to talk melrose yea they would probly kill any team in the state they are that talented and JJ has been bending rules as long as he has been coaching

Cool, As far a JJ, He has bent them, tied them in a knot that nobody could get out.