Who will win it in DII AA & A?

BigENS

Division II AA has been very exciting for the last couple of years. Just when you think you know who is going to come out on top, then there's a surprise. MBA goes to the final four with 4 of its 5 losses against the other three final four teams and comes out the State Champion.

There are lots of reasons to like MBA. Impressive front line lead by 6'7" David Howard (an All Tournament selection). I hear the MUS transfer is very good as well and then you add 6'5" Jojo Guirre and that's an impressive front line. What is even more interesting is that none of these guys play football and are busy in the gym already.

You add a front court of Chase Owen and Aaron Simonis and you have a tandem that plays great defense and can put their share of points on the board.

The X factor is Austin Blackwell. He could become one of the very best to ever play at MBA if he stays focused on being a complete basketball player. His last minute of play in the state championship was one of the most unbelievable you'll ever see. He doesn't need to lead the team in scoring to be the team's most valuable player if you know what I mean.

While they are more talented than last year's team, the challenge will be (1) who replaces tough guys Colbert and Bars? The big guys are all a bit more finese than bruisers and every team needs one or two. And (2) who replaces the leadership of captains Mobley and Paslick. In the big games, it was this pair that either made the big shot, pass, rebound or stop. Those are the questions that will need to be answered if they are to repeat.

i completely agree. its all about leadership for MBA is someone can stand up and be a real leader then I feel like they should definitely repeat. The other question is depth. Their first 6 is the best that there is in D2 but an injury or foul trouble could really hurt these guys.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic