Bradley Central vs Oak Ridge

Bradleybears2010

I'm from Cleveland and everyone saying that bradley is a weak team is wrong. I am happy that cleveland got to play bradley at the very beginning of the year when everyone was still trying to get used to everyone, because by the end of the season bradley was a force and i think that the outcome of our game would have been different if we had played at the end. Just because they didn't beat OR doesn't mean that they are a bad team they finished with a very solid 9-3 record and i'm looking for them to run away with the district next year. Even though we are huge rivals i'm on the bears side with this one, The Bradley Bears are on their way to being back to the winning ways of old.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OR fan here, this is some good reading guys :) good drama going on here lol...but you bradley county fans who are saying hardin valley is weak and that oak ridge is weak... didnt we just beat you? not trying to be a jackass, just saying though.. stats and you being up a big proportion of the game really doesnt matter... last i checked the final tally is all that matters..

Oak Ridge fans: Do not misuderstand any Bradley fans here we lost the game and wish you luck against RIVERDALE. This is about a McMinn guy not giving credit to a Bradley team and program that has taken great strides in the last 3 years. Blitzbuk said you guys sucked and were re building not any Bradley fan. We respect your program, however we do feel we could have easily been the team that won. We are classy enough to admit that you have a good team. Thanks, for recognizing that our young men left it on the field last Friday night. Also, we have a very young team as well as yours. Hopefully, we can play Oak Ridge again next year and see how the young players on both ( Bradley and OR have progressed. One more thing, I said we know who Hardin Valley is, not that they sucked, once again that was Blitzbuc. Direct the jackass remarks to BLITZBUC he is the one that likes to put down other teams on COACHT and then say he has friends at BRADLEY... Good luck Cleveland thanks for the kind words about our program and the job our coach's have done.

Edited by Jedi

I remember when Bradley was playing Oak Ridge at Blankenship, they didn't even have a punter. They attempted a 93 yard field goal from their own end zone because they would just cover it like a punt. It was blocked and recovered for a touchdown. They were real bad and now they are very good.

The sad thing about that play is that the kicker had a future as a place kicker and the blockers also took out his knee. Unfortunately it ended his career. Now don't get me wrong, it was a fair play and things like that happen. I just hated it for a kid who was a great talent.

When you make statements that Bradley was "strong", it does make me chuckle with your delusion. You ask what I bring, then ask yourself first what you bring other than making outlandish statements.

FACTS:

1. The teams that Bradley beat had a combined 38-49 record.

2. The teams that Bradley lost to had a combined 21-12 record.

3. Bradley wasn't even the best team in the County, and just barely the second best team.

4. The first team Bradley played in the playoffs had 8 losses on the season.

5. Bradley only got into the playoffs because the District was the weakest it has been in a decade.

6. Bradley lost to a rebuilding Oak Ridge team that had 4 losses on the season, including a loss to Hardin Valley (ever heard of them?).

You have it wrong when you (or others) think I hate Bradley. I've never said that, as I have friends coaching and teaching there. But I will state the facts as I just did and have for all fans of this District who post ridiculous comments as you and others have. You need to quit reading your hometown Daily Banner and formulating your opinion on what they say.

Bradley could only play the teams on their schedule and won 8 of those contests. Nothing I see was delusional. Bradley's two losses were to playoff teams; one was it's most hated rival and the other loss by three on the road to a very good 8-2 Loudon squad. Bradley also beat a 3rd ranked Polk County and a 10th ranked Soddy Daisy squad on the road. Bradley didn't win the district anyway, Cleveland did. It's not Bradley's fault that Ooltewah and McMinn and Walker Valley were weaker than the Bears. Credit should be given to the teams that worked the hardest and won all 8 of those games instead of crying how weak others were. Besides, I stated how weak "your game" was, not Bradley's opponents.

I have not accused you of hating anybody. Anyway you choose to spin "the facts", 9 wins and 3 losses was miles ahead of anyone else in the district; weak or strong. My opinion was formed by watching every game on the schedule and my hometown paper The Chattanooga Times Free Press accurately predicted the three playoff teams from district 5AAA: Bradley, Cleveland and Soddy Daisy. Good job Gene Henley! Let me make it simple for you Blitzinbuc: A 9-3 record for the 2010 season IS stronger than the 2-8 your weak Cherokees could muster.

Keep on spinning the negativity brother, you are not only a math whiz and a history professor but also a yellow journalist. You have quite a list of professions. However, you still never answered the question, did you ever play the game?

Bradley had a very good team. The backs, the receivers, the o and d lines, the qb. That is a good football team, I don't care what region they played in. They deserved to be there and played a great game. Congratulations on a great season.

HOWEVER:

The assisting the runner call was correct. It was on the opposite side of the home stands so it may have been harder to see from that side. But from the visitor side, the receiver clearly ran up grabbed ahold of the ball carrier and pulled him from the 5 into the endzone. It was plain as day, you can't do that, it's a penalty, period. You can push the runner as if blocking, but you cannot pull him forward. May well have been the difference in the game, but it was the right call. Also,Bradley had three more chances to score from the 15 and was held to a field goal. It wasn't like it was the last play of the game.

Anyway, congratulations on a great 9-3 season

Thanks OKridgeKat! Finally the sane voice of reason steps up to the plate and hits a homerun. Oops, wrong sport analogy. Congratulations on a fine season and good luck with Riverdale Friday night.

Blitzinbuc....you make me laugh. Your "facts" actually support the argument that Bradley Football is back and heading in the right direction. Lets see if I can get you thinking logically instead of emotionally.

Facts:

1. The Teams bradley Beat had a combined 38-49 record. Well imagine that Bradley beat the weaker teams on its schedule. Isn't that what a good team should do? But not only did Bradley beat them, in most cases they dominated those games as they should have. Most of those games were over at halftime, again what you would expect from a good football team.

2. The teams Bradley lost to had a combined 21-12 record. Bradley had 3 losses, all to playoff teams. 2 of the losses were by a total of 5 points and could've gone either way. I am not making excuses but learning to win those close games is part of the process of getting to the next level. I don't think anyone is arguing that Bradley is a state contender in 2010, but there is no shame in losing to other playoff teams.

3. Bradley wasn't even the best team in the county and just barely the second best team. I'm not sure what "fact" you are trying to argue here. Bradley got beat by Cleveland when we had 2 starters out with injuries, the QB couldn't run because of a leg injury, and we lost two other defensive starters during the game to injury. Not making excuses, but that game may have been very different if it was played when Bradley was healthy. The second part of the statement is just too ignorant to respond to.

4. The first team Bradly beat in the playoffs had 8 losses on the season. Again I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Bradley can't help who their first round opponent was, but they did what any good team would do and that was dominate that game and make sure it was over at halftime. Isn't that what good teams do?

5. Bradley got into the playoffs because the district was the weakest it had been in decades. This doesn't bode well for McMinn, Ooltewah, Walker Valley etc... If the district was weak and those 3 teams were not even competitive then it may be a LONGGGGG time before we see them challenge Bradley, Soddy, and Cleveland in the district. I would think that in a weak distict a good program would be competitive even in a rebuilding year. The fact that McMinn and Ooltewah were not even competitive this year may be a sign that these programs will be doormats for years to come.

6. Bradley lost to a rebuilding Oak Ridge team.....I don't think there is any shame in losing to a traditional power like Oak Ridge. I am not sure if you saw that game, but if you asked the Oak Ridge team I bet they were happy to get out of town with a win in a game in which they were outplayed and had NO answer for the Bradley offense. I think the difference in that game is one team has playoff experience and the other was on a bigger stage for the first time in a decade.

I think your "facts" actually support the argument that Bradley football is back and on a path that will have them contending in the state playoffs in the next couple of years. The coaching staff has had to start this program over from nothing and build the foundations that will keep this program competing for district titles for years to come. I don't think anyone has said the 2010 Bradley football team was the greatest team in TN, but they are well on the way to being a team to be feared. I have a few "facts for you to consider Blitzinbuc.....

1. Bradley returns 14 starters next year!

2. Bradley's JV team went undefeated this year and had 3 teams cancel their game so they wouldn't be embarrassed by the Bears!

3. Bradley's freshmen haven't lost a game in 4 years!

The future at Bradley is bright. You don't have to like it, but you WILL have to DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!

Well said Mothball, pure sanity with no emotional attachments...love it!

As an Oak Ridge fan who was at the game Friday night, anyone who says Bradley is weak watched a different team than I did. I think the wildcats had to play their guts out to win and I would be just as proud of my team if I were a bear.

Bottom line, I wish you haters would shut up. This team will be enough to deal with next year without your motivation

Bottom line, I wish you haters would shut up. This team will be enough to deal with next year without your motivation

Let the haters keep on. It's because they are really worried about a District where Bradley becomes a force once again. Historically most of the teams that have been in District 5, over the years, do not have winning records against the Bears. :D