2011 Dresden Football

hogheaven

Playoff football, pound the ball, no turnovers, and tough defense. McKenzie just gave a lesson in football 101. Impressive program. Impressive coaching. Would like to see the ratio of run to pass for the last 20 state champs in 2a. Wish they were in a different district. They don't rebuild, they reload. Lucky terds!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard We are having trouble getting games. Greenfield turned yellow. South Fulton schedule filled. I hope Trenton and Halls still want a game. I think we got Westview, Gibson and maybe riverside....adamsville is a long drive and with our bus drivers not showing up til 4:15 we would struggle to get there for pregame. Would love to get a Union City or an obion on the schedule. Westview is on Thursday at

UTM stadium both years. We don't match up with their speed, but dang its good to have our weakley county big brother on the schedule. Should be good for the county and the kids. Coach Hewett doing his best to get schedule done. Wish football was year a round. Skip the two BB sports. Dresden NATION>...(all 4 of us) hope next season gets here quick!

Heard We are having trouble getting games. Greenfield turned yellow. South Fulton schedule filled. I hope Trenton and Halls still want a game. I think we got Westview, Gibson and maybe riverside....adamsville is a long drive and with our bus drivers not showing up til 4:15 we would struggle to get there for pregame. Would love to get a Union City or an obion on the schedule. Westview is on Thursday at

UTM stadium both years. We don't match up with their speed, but dang its good to have our weakley county big brother on the schedule. Should be good for the county and the kids. Coach Hewett doing his best to get schedule done. Wish football was year a round. Skip the two BB sports. Dresden NATION>...(all 4 of us) hope next season gets here quick!

What's the o-line gonna look like next year?

I wanna say I sat behind a bunch of 18 year olds from Dresden at the Mckenzie/Riverside game (Close to top row of right side of stands}and Kuddos to how you are raising them. I talk to most of the guys which played football either this year or last year and they were a bunch of fine young men! They had all the cute girlfriends too! lol Just wanna say congrats to the parents of these kids and how they are raised. Good luck Dresden in whatever you do! Hope to see yall soon! You won a fan friday night and go Lions and Rebels!

Offensive line is going to be the strength of the team if and only if they work their tails off. Last year we had 7 that started games. This year I believe there will be 10 that have the ability to play. Next years Juniors and Sophmores have several that can fill holes if they work. If not, we will be lucky to win 5 games. Still, its football, and as we showed this year...heart and hard work can overcome many shortcomings. I believe we can improve on this years season with a little more work. I do hate opening up with Westview, but that is a game that needs to be scheduled every year...too close to avoid. They are big and fast, but then again....so is Mckenzie. Huntingdon, Stewart, and UC are gonna be big. Gleason has a

great group of young kids stepping in. Gibson was huge last year. Bruceton looks like they got it turned around there. Not sure about West Carroll, but they usually have a few athletes there. Riverside....grrr...well 18 is gone.....thank god! Well coached tuf nosed team. No way we win very many games next year without outworking all these teams. Lazy kids need to stick to another sport. Men only apply. Sure hope we get a few fast kids transferring in. RB is our slow position. I haven't heard of any coaching changes, so the kids should know what to expect. Coach khodge, chodge, shewett, mhewett, Killebrew, evans, and that fat guy are doing a good job with these kids! Go Dresden!

Week 0 Westview

Week 1 Gibson County

Week 2 McKenzie

Week 3 Stewart County

Week 4 District...i think bruceton

Week 5 Union City

Week 6 District...I think west carroll

Week 7 Parsons Riverside

Week 8 District...i think Gleason

Week 9 OFF

Week 10 Huntingdon

I see at least 7 wins on this schedule if our boys work hard. Good to see Westview back on there :thumb:

I see 3...lol. But, I see 9 which we can compete in. Maybe we will have some of these young kids step up and put out effort all year. Had a bunch of terds only do what they had to. That gets you beat. We will see who will put in the work or who will just try to get away with being mediocre. had a bunch of freshmen think they could show up any time they felt like it and then gripe about playing time on fridays. lol. Lineman better come ready Monday. Dead period is over on workouts! Partytime!

day1 of workouts over. Got a ton of work to do. Got soft during the season. Lineman did good on weights. Just gotta pick up intensity. We will see if the soon to be junior class steps up. Saw a few with their old habit of lifting easy when not watched. Seniors better step up enforcement, cuz coaches love the hill! lol

I see 3...lol. But, I see 9 which we can compete in. Maybe we will have some of these young kids step up and put out effort all year. Had a bunch of terds only do what they had to. That gets you beat. We will see who will put in the work or who will just try to get away with being mediocre. had a bunch of freshmen think they could show up any time they felt like it and then gripe about playing time on fridays. lol. Lineman better come ready Monday. Dead period is over on workouts! Partytime!

You gotta have more faith than that. 3 wins sounds like a Greenfield season :roflol:

I Always expect the worst, so I'm usually pleasantly surprised. I think 9 would be possible if the team played mistake free. 3 if we play bad. I'm guessing the actual record will be in between, but that is why they play the games. Offseason wouldn't be so bad if they didn't mess it up with basketball and baseball. that is like locking you up in a cell for life, then when they notice you aren't miserable, they put Oprah on the television and make you watch it all day. aaaaaaarrrgghh..lol

Great week one of lifting for the Lions. Definately need tons of work on the SQUATS! Looking forward to week 2. With Westview, Gibson, Stewart, UC, and Huntingdon on schedule...keeping up with the competition is BIG task. Got 20 lineman next year trying to get the five lineman positions. Should get a feel for who wants it the most before schools out. Go Lions!