Boyd vs OS predictions??

Guest OSGuacomole

Posted by supersteve17:
Posted by piratecountry:

BUC Fans get upset when you call their hand on what they are doing...

Dear friend,

It seems to me that all that derek782 is doing is trying to interject some factual evidence into the emotional claims that you and some others are making. I don't think he was upset at all -- just stating the case.

To clarify: East Ridge is 6-1 overall and 3-0 in their AAAA region. Rhea County is 4-2 overall and 1-1 in the same region. They are good AAAA teams. That is a simple conservative statement. It may be that they wind up being better than just "good." That remains to be seen. The fact is that they are a combined 10-3 with two of those losses coming to Boyd-Buchanan.

I have two questions for you, dear piratecountry:

1. What are you doing disputing claims about strength of schedule on this particular thread? I thought it was about BBS vs. OSHS predictions. It seems to me that both of these schools have played tough schedules and the inclusion of each on the other's schedule only makes them better.

2. Why do you have any interest in BBS football anyway? South Pittsburg has dominated class A football in Southeast Tennessee (and throughout the state for that matter) for so long that a "johnny-come-lately" like Boyd-Buchanan should be insignificant to the Pirates. It is very interesting to me that nobody gave a rip about Boyd-Buchanan a few years ago when the Bucs were everybody's Homecoming date! Now that they are a little competitive, there seems to be great interest.

My prediction on the outcome of the game? A hard-fought defensive struggle. It will be a tough task for the Bucs to go to Oliver Springs and beat the Bobcats. Is it possible? Sure. Will it happen? Too close to call.

It should be a good game.

stevie, he probably feels the way he does because Boyd fans are some of the most arrogant in this area. My goodness they have one or two good seasons in the history of the school and you would think they had never lost a game. He is correct in saying that they should be classified as private. The TSSAA really has dropped the ball on this one. Oh, to make this post "legal" to the thread, OS will beat em like a yard dog.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stevie, he probably feels the way he does because Boyd fans are some of the most arrogant in this area. My goodness they have one or two good seasons in the history of the school and you would think they had never lost a game. He is correct in saying that they should be classified as private. The TSSAA really has dropped the ball on this one. Oh, to make this post "legal" to the thread, OS will beat em like a yard dog.

Wow Csense!

"One or two good seasons..."? Check your facts and reconsider. It's been at least three!

How has the TSSAA "dropped the ball?" Why is he correct in saying they should be classified as "private?" Does he mean Division II? Those are the financial aid schools. Boyd-Buchanan does not give financial aid to athletes. And when they did a few years ago (legally, within the system) you guys beat the tar out of them. You sure didn't care about that then. Why do you care now?

South has a great team, a great program and great tradition. No one has denegraded their program. Even South had to start sometime, somewhere, right?

By the way, it's Boyd-Buchanan, not Boyd. The school was founded fifty years ago by Leslie Boyd and Paul Buchanan. Boyd is in McMinnville.

You may be right about your prediction. And of course, since you have so much common sense, you will also know that it doesn't really matter. (Do you beat your yard dogs in South Pittsburg? Maybe someone should call the Humane Society or at least Channel 9!)

Posted by supersteve17:

"One or two good seasons..."? Check your facts and reconsider. It's been at least three!

How has the TSSAA "dropped the ball?" Why is he correct in saying they should be classified as "private?" Does he mean Division II? Those are the financial aid schools. Boyd-Buchanan does not give financial aid to athletes. And when they did a few years ago (legally, within the system) you guys beat the tar out of them. You sure didn't care about that then. Why do you care now?

South has a great team, a great program and great tradition. No one has denegraded their program. Even South had to start sometime, somewhere, right?

By the way, it's Boyd-Buchanan, not Boyd. The school was founded fifty years ago by Leslie Boyd and Paul Buchanan. Boyd is in McMinnville.

You may be right about your prediction. And of course, since you have so much common sense, you will also know that it doesn't really matter. (Do you beat your yard dogs in South Pittsburg? Maybe someone should call the Humane Society or at least Channel 9!)

Stevie, Stevie, Stevie you assume I am a SP fan and that I LIVE there, couldn't be farther from the truth.

I just call it like I see it. 1)Arrogant fans 2)"Education" scholarships to certain guys who just happen to be able to play football (would rather not mention names to protect the boys) 3) Boyd is Boyd just like SP is SP, or Ezell is Ezell (remember them) 4)SP does it the old fashioned way, THEY EARN IT. (As opposed to "buying" it.) OK I'll give you one- Once again to rephrase my previous comment to make this post "legal" for this thread (out of respect for my HOUSE dog and not you) OS will "win very handily" against Boyd.

I wondered if you were going to answer. I thought they must have shut down the computers at Provident or something.

I have no idea what "education scholarships" are given at BBS. I do know that any financial aid given to athletes (as defined by TSSAA) would make that athlete ineligible. If you have facts, perhaps you should report to the TSSAA office in Hermitage. If not, innuendo and rumor only breeds distrust.

Your implication that Boyd Buchanan does not work hard is assanine. I have great respect for the effort put in by the Pirate coaching staff and players.

Posted by supersteve17:

I wondered if you were going to answer. I thought they must have shut down the computers at Provident or something.

I have no idea what "education scholarships" are given at BBS. I do know that any financial aid given to athletes (as defined by TSSAA) would make that athlete ineligible. If you have facts, perhaps you should report to the TSSAA office in Hermitage. If not, innuendo and rumor only breeds distrust.

Your implication that Boyd Buchanan does not work hard is assanine. I have great respect for the effort put in by the Pirate coaching staff and players.

Stevie, why do you STILL think I'm tied to SP? I live closer to Boyd than SP. I could care less about Boyd or SP. I just call it like I see it.

Okay, Stevie,..

I know for a fact, last year Boyd faced Jasper in a JV game ...that next year, a young man from the Jasper team is now starting for the Bucs....call it like i see it....offering awarded EDUCATIONAL scholarships to ATHLETES....why not offer them to regular students who can't afford to go there?

Posted by piratecountry:

Okay, Stevie,..

I know for a fact, last year Boyd faced Jasper in a JV game ...that next year, a young man from the Jasper team is now starting for the Bucs....call it like i see it....offering awarded EDUCATIONAL scholarships to ATHLETES....why not offer them to regular students who can't afford to go there?

I "know for a fact" that Boyd-Buchanan School provides need-based scholarships to several young people who do not play sports of any kind. If there are athletes who are receiving scholarships outside the jurisdiction of TSSAA, turn them in to Hermitage.

I am not sure, but I don't think BBS played "Jasper" last year in a JV game. I would not testify to that in a court of law, but I certainly do not remember it. I think (not certain) that transfer students can participate in JV contests, even if the game was played and the student you allege participated.

You didn't care about scholarships, transfers, etc., when BBS was the doormat of class A football! Why the interest now?

[Edited by supersteve17 on 10-8-02 2:08P]

Low blow stevie...i'll not comment to any more of your comments after this..but, SP was setup...

Posted by supersteve17:
Posted by piratecountry:

Okay, Stevie,..

I "know for a fact" that Boyd-Buchanan School provides need-based scholarships to several young people who do not play sports of any kind. If there are athletes who are receiving scholarships outside the jurisdiction of TSSAA, turn them in to Hermitage.

I am not sure, but I don't think BBS played "Jasper" last year in a JV game. I would not testify to that in a court of law, but I certainly do not remember it. I think (not certain) that transfer students can participate in JV contests, even if the game was played and the student you allege participated.

You didn't care about scholarships, transfers, etc., when BBS was the doormat of class A football! Why the interest now?

By the way has South Pittsburg ever played an ineligible player? I don't know as I am fairly new to this area.

Posted by piratecountry:

Low blow stevie...i'll not comment to any more of your comments after this..but, SP was setup...

Posted by supersteve17:
Posted by piratecountry:

Okay, Stevie,..

You are right. It was a low blow. I do not mean to implicate the kid or SP. Neither should you imply that BBS does not follow the rules. If you will notice, I had second thoughts before I even saw your post. I had edited my previous comment. Let's drop it and focus on the field.

ALL THIS TALK OF THESE OTHER GAMES AND THINGS. IF BOYD B PLAYED THE TEAMS WE PLAY THEY WOULD GO 5 AND 5 EVERY YEAR. THE TAILBACK SLASH FULLBACK WILL GIVE UP WHEN HE GETS HIT IN THAT MOUTH A FEW TIMES. OS MIGHT NOT PUT UP AS MANY POINTS AS EZELL BUT I PROMISE YOU ONE THING BOYD B WILL GET ALL THEY CAN TAKE AND MORE. LOOK FOR AN EMBARRASSMENT.

Wow poop is a huge OS fan and most love that OS team. Yah I think it could go either way but all I know is that Boyd Buchanaan almost won last year and they brought back a lot mroe then OS. But of course this is another year and players get better etc. with that said i think OS is hungary and confident and "IF" they don't start thinking about sweetwater then they will prevail against Boyd about..

OS---24

Boyd-14

Sounds like david will be able to prove how good he really is now that he will be playing (from what everyone is saying) the best QB he has faced yet. I'm anxious to see how our pass defense is since we have yet to play a pass offense!