Nera White Tournament

muffin

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got beat same as RBS and had 4 of our players foul out! Have Grace foul out at the start of the 3rd quarter like Godwin did and see how bad RBS gets beat! RBS played great they are a good team but if Grace goes down its over for them and after this year its really OVER!

And I quote "RBS plays Germantown in the first game and will get a beat down put on them in the worst way" so who got beat down worse? :D You're probably right, had Grace fouled out the game might have been worse, and Godwin stayed in the game might have been closer for JC but the fact is both teams still lost. Now I was just rubbing it in a bit but as i've been saying all year long all teams in the district are about even and whether you want to admit it or not RBS and Jackson County are evenly matched and will be a very good and entertaining game to watch! :thumb:

As for the tournament goes...Well I think it worked out completely wrong. The best 3 teams in this tournament was RBS, Jackson County, and Germantown. I find it funny that all 3 played in the same side of the brackett, with RBS playing the best team in the tournament in the first round...Macon makes it to the championship, takes home the 2nd place trophey, and gets beat by 33 points. :wacko:

And I quote "RBS plays Germantown in the first game and will get a beat down put on them in the worst way" so who got beat down worse? :D You're probably right, had Grace fouled out the game might have been worse, and Godwin stayed in the game might have been closer for JC but the fact is both teams still lost. Now I was just rubbing it in a bit but as i've been saying all year long all teams in the district are about even and whether you want to admit it or not RBS and Jackson County are evenly matched and will be a very good and entertaining game to watch! :thumb:

As for the tournament goes...Well I think it worked out completely wrong. The best 3 teams in this tournament was RBS, Jackson County, and Germantown. I find it funny that all 3 played in the same side of the brackett, with RBS playing the best team in the tournament in the first round...Macon makes it to the championship, takes home the 2nd place trophey, and gets beat by 33 points. :wacko:

Yeah i noticed that too, funny how that worked out huh? I mean RBS played a great game and even without Godwin for most of the game it was a close game throughout with JC and Germantown but the game last night between Macon and Germantown was never a game. Macon was probably the 5th best team in the tournament because i think Westmoreland is better than them, but they get to the championship game by doing hosting it. What will end up happening is teams will not want to come to their tournament anymore if they keep putting their weak teams in the championship games.

Well I understand how it worked I just didn't like it. Coming into the tournament SC was 6-6, RBS was 10-4, Westmoreland 5-8, JC 8-3, Heat 6-2, and Germantown 5-6. Going by record it would put the tournament rankings like this:

#1 Heat

#2 Jackson County

#3 RBS

#4 MC

#5 SC

#6 Germantown

#7 Westmoreland

With the pairings like this it would give the #1Heat a 1st round bye with #4MC and #5SC play each other on top side of the brackett. On the other side it would let #2JC play #7Westmoreland and therefore #3RBS play #6Germantown. I know how they went about it, but like I said I just didn't like it don't think it's very fair. In tournaments like this were you go by record is flawed because everyone plays different teams. Germantown was given the #6 seed but was obviously on a different level than anyone else in the tournament and the best team. I'm not saying it's unfair just because RBS got a bad 1st draw, but tournaments like this were you go by records to rank each team coming into the tournament is unfair in general because like I said you end up with having the 3 best teams playing in the same side of the brackett. In district tournaments a brackett is needed because usually the best team is #1 and is ranked right. But I believe to make tournaments where you invite any random school to play should be round robin to make it more fair to all the teams.

Edited by swanson71

Come on Midtenn stop trolling, JC lost so did RBS deal with it and stop being a butt, players will foul out but you can't use it as an excuse to explain every lose. If frogs only had wings they wouldnt bump their arse on the ground too right? Off topic some, congratz out to Jordan Godwin for making the all-state team in football, he deserved it!!

Edited by jcfan911

Come on Midtenn stop trolling, JC lost so did RBS deal with it and stop being a butt, players will foul out but you can't use it as an excuse to explain every lose. If frogs only had wings they wouldnt bump their arse on the ground too right? Off topic some, congratz out to Jordan Godwin for making the all-state team in football, he deserved it!!

I was very impressed with the improvement made in Jackson County in football as well their baseball too. In the past, like it is in RBS many years, JC is just another game a team plans on playing and coming out with a win, but not this year as they made the playoffs for the first time in many years. Also I like the improvement that's been made in the baseball program. Each year when RBS would play Jackson County we always pretty much knew we would go in and win, this is when I played back in the early part in the decade. However, now Coach King has his team up their fighting for a district championship and with the athletes they have coming back I see no reason why they couldn't knock Monterey off this year! :thumb:

Edited by swanson71

I don't know a perfect way to determine seats in a Christmas tourney, if you blind draw then someone will have the advantage and we would say should go by record etc. but normally in the old days the host team won or at least played in finals of their tourneys.There is a lot of work in hosting a tournament and hard to get teams to participate and really hard to make money doing it. This year Macon co. had to go from Bristol to Memphis to get teams and so many times those teams don't bring a crowd. I'm glad Macon co. has this tourney because just after the holiday gives us some bb to watch

Thanks Swanson, a lot of effort from the kids this year we all hope it continues and the coaches and kids keep up a high work ethic. I have to say the RBS football team we saw this year was very much improved the coach there now has them believing in themself and this is going to carry over. Like JC getting the community to support all the other sports other than bball may be the bigger issue in RBS, there just isnt a tradition to build off of in either town but both have a good start on something.

JC was in a very tough AA district and region in baseball they played Smith Co, Dekalb Co, Upperman, and Livingston twice a year . . All very good teams year in and year out! Football was in an even worse boat having to play teams like Livingston, David lipscomb, and Goodpasture (just to name a few) and was very fortunate to make the playoffs in the early 2000's . . Hard to start a winning tradition with the odds stacked against you like that. . I think Sean is doing a very good job with the football team and Coach King has done very well the past 6 or 7 years boosting baseball. . Dropping to Single A has really helped JCHS . . In all sports. . and i'm glad to see all of our programs stepping up . . Would love to see JC knock off Monterey this year . . We thought we had a good chance when I was in school but they are well coached and well prepared every year . . but would love nothing more to see big blue hosting a sub state game and maybe even making a trip to the boro! Flynn has a really good group of kids and if they can keep their heads on straight the sky is the limit!

I don't know a perfect way to determine seats in a Christmas tourney, if you blind draw then someone will have the advantage and we would say should go by record etc. but normally in the old days the host team won or at least played in finals of their tourneys.There is a lot of work in hosting a tournament and hard to get teams to participate and really hard to make money doing it. This year Macon co. had to go from Bristol to Memphis to get teams and so many times those teams don't bring a crowd. I'm glad Macon co. has this tourney because just after the holiday gives us some bb to watch

That's why I say let them do a round robin and have everyone play each other once. Determine a tie breaker if 2 or even 3 teams some how ties record wise in the tournament and go from their. I believe it's a much more fair way to do it to go about a tournament like this!

Edited by swanson71