District 7AAA - 2011

TheFactsOnly

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current standings and remaining district 7AAA games...

7AAA Overall

3-0-1 8-1-2 Riverdale

1-0-1 8-4-1 Siegel

2-1-0 11-2-1 Blackman

1-2-0 4-3-4 Smyrna

0-1-2 3-2-5 LaVergne

0-3-0 2-5-2 Oakland

Apr 29 - LaVergne at Smyrna, 5 pm

Apr 29 - Oakland at Siegel, 7 pm

May 2 - Riverdale at Siegel, 7 pm

May 3 - Blackman at Smyrna, 5 pm

May 5 - Siegel at Blackman, 7 pm

????? - LaVergne at Oakland

Siegel 6

Oakland 2

Siegel came out strong and focused. They are proving different from all other past siegel teams. scoring 5 and 6 goals in their two district games. Looking forward to a great game Monday at home against Riverdale

You're right "...011", I don't think this Siegel team can be beaten...

You're right "...011", I don't think this Siegel team can be beaten...

I wouldn't underestimate them if that's what your comment is hinting at... ;) They could easily walk away with 1st seed coming into the district tournament. In the event of tied records by the end of the regular season play, Siegel's goal differential is greater than any other teams so far in the district, and it can be expected that it will remain at top.

I think Riverdale and Siegel should be the game of the district, both teams have impressive records and are proving themselves as great teams, and another strong year for Riverdale (as always). Siegel has put forth some very good scores against Smyrna and Oakland, and Riverdale has a very low amount of goals scored against. It will be an interesting game to say the least! Personally, I'm pulling for Siegel (and for the record, I'm not necessarily affiliated with Siegel, I just think it's their time to shine), but hey I'm up for debate 8-) .

Blackman has the edge on Lavergne with a 2-1 win, but I feel that LaVergne will carry themselves further in the post season. Smyrna and Oakland are carrying up the rear, although it could be possible for Smyrna to pull the upset in tournament play. All of their losses have been relatively close in score (disregarding their match against Siegel) and they seem to be a strengthening team, so I would not count them out!!

Blackman 1

Siegel 1

Blackman scores first, then about a min. later Siegel answers back. Well played game by 2 good teams, with Siegel having several missed oppurtunities. Looks like a exciting district tournament next week. Congratulations to the Stars for winning the district.

Final standings:

1. Siegel

2. Riverdale

3. Lavergne

4. Blackman

5. Smyrna

6. Oakland

District Schedule;

Monday, May 9th

Smyrna at Blackman 6:00

Oakland at Lavergne 7:00

Tuesday, May 10 @ Siegel Park