District 9 AA

WHHSHD13

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From top to bottom who wins this District? Can White House repeat as region champs?

Here are my predictions:

1.Goodpasture- They always reload...Don't like the way they get their kids..

2.Sycamore-They only lost i think 1 or 2 starters, possible district MVP in Gentry

3.Greenbrier- Returning all but 3 starters, solid across the board

4.White House- Lost best player, but still have some pretty good kids returning

5.Macon Co-Lost most of their starting 9 from last year, including their best pitcher

6.Westmoreland-Unless something has changed they are terrible

Top 3 are gonna be pretty tough, they will probably beat each other up, I just don't see WH repeating as Region champs, but they won't be a slouch

Edited by soulsurvivor34

I agree with Goodpasture winning the District ,but Sycamore? White House has their region champ pitcher returning and the last years number 2 pitcher. Greenbriar will be solid. I just think the top 3 should be Goodpasture, White House, Greenbriar. Ledbeder is a solid lefty for the Bobcats.

I agree with Goodpasture winning the District ,but Sycamore? White House has their region champ pitcher returning and the last years number 2 pitcher. Greenbriar will be solid. I just think the top 3 should be Goodpasture, White House, Greenbriar. Ledbeder is a solid lefty for the Bobcats.

Well, Sycamore only lost a maybe one or two players, they should be pretty good this year, To be honest 2-4 is up for grabs, they all ought to be pretty tough teams... who knows... Just can't wait to get baseball underway!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my predictions:

1.Goodpasture- They always reload...Don't like the way they get their kids..

2.Sycamore-They only lost i think 1 or 2 starters, possible district MVP in Gentry

3.Greenbrier- Returning all but 3 starters, solid across the board

4.White House- Lost best player, but still have some pretty good kids returning

5.Macon Co-Lost most of their starting 9 from last year, including their best pitcher

6.Westmoreland-Unless something has changed they are terrible

Top 3 are gonna be pretty tough, they will probably beat each other up, I just don't see WH repeating as Region champs, but they won't be a slouch

Macon lost their top 3 pitchers. Time to reload of rebuild?

Also they return their 1st baseman 3rd/2nd base guy, SS and their DH and thats about it in terms of staters

Edited by outsiderhtown

1. Sycamore

2. Goodpasture

3. Greenbrier

4. White House

5. Macon

6. Westmoreland

Sycamore only lost two seniors that hardly played. Probably 30 total AB's between the two, from what I hear. With the two studs from Goodpasture gone, Zach Gentry is probably the most talented player in the district. The verdict is still out on if this team has what it takes between the ears, but this is the most veteran team in the conference. Has the talent. We shall see.

Goodpasture is Goodpasture. Top 5 coach in the state. However, losing two players that ate D-1/MLB Draft talent has to hurt. Estep will have them ready. They could win it, but I just want to shake things up. Remember the name, Hunter Newman.

Greenbrier has probably the best pitcher in the conference. Aside from that, just a scrappy bunch of guys. Which is a good thing. Ledbedder (sp?) is a horse, and they are tough to beat at home with the weird field and short porch.

White House, the best coaching staff in the area. Mills is a great guy and well respected, I just feel they lost too much. I hope I am wrong, I pull for these guys. Best ball park in this area as well.

Macon lost way too much. Great run last year though.

Westmoreland shows flashes, but just no consistency. They have some good players though.

This is one of the toughest districts in the area to say the least. Goodpasture/White House are the "class" but I believe Sycamore has the best squad. We shall see, good luck to all teams.

Gentry is an all around athlete. He is def one of the top players in the district, but I don't see sycamore winning it. They were fourth in the district last year, and them jumping all the way to 1st is a big statement. Greenbriar will have the best pitcher in ledbedder. Goodpasture and White House both lost their two top players on defense and offense, but I see them sitting at the top of the district.

Gentry is an all around athlete. He is def one of the top players in the district, but I don't see sycamore winning it. They were fourth in the district last year, and them jumping all the way to 1st is a big statement. Greenbriar will have the best pitcher in ledbedder. Goodpasture and White House both lost their two top players on defense and offense, but I see them sitting at the top of the district.

Like I said, I just wanted to shake things up. I believe they have the most experience returning. That's all.

• 1 month later...

How did everyone do during opening week? Where did you go (if anywhere). What are the records as of now?

From what i understand Greenbrier went on their yearly Florida trip and came back 1-4. They played in the hit after hit tourney with goodpasture and neither team was able to advance past pool play. GB played Goodpasture today and GP won 5-0 behind a strong outing from Newman. He's throwing high 80's and he's got his Cougars at 1-0 in district play while the Bobcats are 0-1. I don't know about the rest of the teams in the district but i feel as if this district is WIDE OPEN. I don't know about everybody else but i am pumped for baseball season!!! Leggggoooo

Edited by soulsurvivor34

If Newman is throwing high 80's then Hopkins for Greenbrier is throwing 90 plus,

he was throwing harder than Newman easily, with Ledbetter being hurt for Greenbrier

and whats seems to be a lack of consistent hitting Greenbrier could be in trouble ,

Goodpasture seems to be down a little but should still be top team in district,

If Newman is throwing high 80's then Hopkins for Greenbrier is throwing 90 plus,

he was throwing harder than Newman easily, with Ledbetter being hurt for Greenbrier

and whats seems to be a lack of consistent hitting Greenbrier could be in trouble ,

Goodpasture seems to be down a little but should still be top team in district,

well according to the fella shooting the radar gun, Newman and Hopkins both were throwing high 80's. Hopkins threw the ball really well too, but his defense didn't seem to make the necessary plays. As for hitting, you r correct, the bobcats had one hit tonight and this is definitely a problem that GB will have to fix if they want to have a chance on earth to b able to compete. I was told that Hopkins was clocked at 88, and that Newman was right there with him so who knows