A great fan passes away

senator

Stan Hensley a former athlete from Jackson county and a advid fan of JC sports passed away after an extended illness. He had several childern who played for the blue devils with his youngest Makensie the starting soph. post player this year.Prayers go out to that good family. I lost a good friend at a young age but know him as a good christian man. Please remember this good family in your prayers.

Amen to Senators post.

Stan drove the team bus for away games, worked the scoreboard for football games,worked the scoreboard for basketball games and I don't know about baseball,softball, or volleyball. He was there. All of his seven kids had his support.

He was also a civic leader, preacher, councilor and a friend.

My prayers go out to Donna, Miranda, Mark, Merissa, Martin, Morgan,Mason and McKinsie.

I will miss him greatly.

There are Stan Hensley's all thru the State from Memphis thru Mt. city. Somehow they are always there, doing what they can and filling in where they can. They are parents but mostly they are just fans helping out the schools in their community. I didn't know Stan Hensley, but I know many like him. A lot I meet are on this site and many "are just there" at events. It takes a lot to run a program and thank goodness for the volunteers and helpers.

I miss my friend already. I remember when Stan first moved here to JC. I believe it was his senior year. He was kinda hard to miss being he was 6'5 250. He was always very nice to me and we developed a great personal relationship. Stan went on to become a great man, a father of great kids that i've had the pleasure of knowing every single one of them. He always supported them in every way and was always there with an encouraging word for them after their games. He will be missed greatly, i can still see him standing in the gym doors talking to first one then another. We miss you big guy and will always remember you fondly. God Bless Donna and the kids and watch over them in this time of need.

• 2 weeks later...