Hardin Valley Academy

coachmilburn

this is their 3rd year and its a make or break year for them. good pitching, improving offense and defense that struggled the first two years but is starting to figure it out. scrappy team. had some key wins against bearden karns and oak ridge last year and hung around with halls in both games they played them. they only lost 2 players from their original team they started with 2 years ago so no big losses there. look for elliot whitt and grahamn rowan to have big years at the plate and joey covell, ryan russell, and nathan richardson to make plenty of quality starts for this team to make a run for the champoinship. they have all the ingridents to have a winning team. they just have to put it all together every single game.

this is their 3rd year and its a make or break year for them. good pitching, improving offense and defense that struggled the first two years but is starting to figure it out. scrappy team. had some key wins against bearden karns and oak ridge last year and hung around with halls in both games they played them. they only lost 2 players from their original team they started with 2 years ago so no big losses there. look for elliot whitt and grahamn rowan to have big years at the plate and joey covell, ryan russell, and nathan richardson to make plenty of quality starts for this team to make a run for the champoinship. they have all the ingridents to have a winning team. they just have to put it all together every single game.

For the record, I was one of those coaches that worked HVA's 1st summer camp several years ago. I'm all the way up here in Winchester about 426 miles away. I think it ended up costing me money as whatever I got paid was put back into the gas tank.

I know that I am partial here but Coach Renegar is an up and coming coach that will do things the right way! I know Shenandoah University lost a heck'va recruiter and the kids he recruited made SU's 1st trip to the D3 World Series in 2009 and they went back again in 2010 as many of his recruits are still on the roster for 2011 and I really believe SU has legit shot of 3-peating.

Sorry to get off topic there, but as for HVA's team, from what I witnessed back during that 1st summer camp was they had quality young men that one could easily envision being quality baseball players. I was the outfield instructor during that summer camp.

Good luck HVA! Keep the program moving forward!

As a parent who has watched this program grow over the past 3 seasons, I am very impressed with both Coach Renegar and the young men that play on the team. With a significant amount of experience on the field, look for Hardin Valley Academy to be very strong defensively. Although there will be quite a few juniors in the field, they are comfortable at the varsity level having played there 1-2 seasons already. Seniors, Clay Williams and Jake Denton who were injured and unable to complete the District Tournament last year, have healed in the off season and are anxious to make positive contributions to the team.

At the plate, look for juniors Clay Fielden, Elliott Whitt, and Ben Barnett to be strong contributors, as well as Senior Graham Rowan. Although Hardin Valley will not have a team of home run hitters, Coach Renegar has taught these young men how to get the job done. Additionally, Hardin Valley has some quality JV players who are anxious to make their way to the varsity level.

Returning pitchers will need to perform well for HVA to achieve the goal of a District Championship. Starting rotation seniors Nate Richardson, Ryan Russell, and Joey Covell will lead the way. Missing at the beginning of the season will be junior, Chase Kirk, who is completing rehab from a knee injury. Chase was a solid first baseman and pitcher for the Hawks last season and also strong hitter. Look for him to make a positive contribution to the team once he returns. Junior, Jordan Newport, has trained hard in the off season and will contribute both offensively and defensively.

Look for this team to finish well above their predicted 4th in the district ranking.

Edited by Hawkballmom

As a parent who has watched this program grow over the past 3 seasons, I am very impressed with both Coach Renegar and the young men that play on the team. With a significant amount of experience on the field, look for Hardin Valley Academy to be very strong defensively. Although there will be quite a few juniors in the field, they are comfortable at the varsity level having played there 1-2 seasons already. Seniors, Clay Williams and Jake Denton who were injured and unable to complete the District Tournament last year, have healed in the off season and are anxious to make positive contributions to the team.

At the plate, look for juniors Clay Fielden, Elliott Whitt, and Ben Barnett to be strong contributors, as well as Senior Graham Rowan. Although Hardin Valley will not have a team of home run hitters, Coach Renegar has taught these young men how to get the job done. Additionally, Hardin Valley has some quality JV players who are anxious to make their way to the varsity level.

Returning pitchers will need to perform well for HVA to achieve the goal of a District Championship. Starting rotation seniors Nate Richardson, Ryan Russell, and Joey Covell will lead the way. Missing at the beginning of the season will be junior, Chase Kirk, who is completing rehab from a knee injury. Chase was a solid first baseman and pitcher for the Hawks last season and also strong hitter. Look for him to make a positive contribution to the team once he returns. Junior, Jordan Newport, has trained hard in the off season and will contribute both offensively and defensively.

Look for this team to finish well above their predicted 4th in the district ranking.

HVA will be better but they will lose 2 times to the big 3 (Powell, Halls, AC) and will slip up at least two other times...8-8. 9-7 would be outstading.

Is this their 3rd or 4th year since opening?

What's everyone's opinion of HVA's baseball program now? Where do you think they'll finish up this year?

I think HVs baseball program is very well run. They are well coached in all phases of the game. I believe they get the maximum out of their talent. I do think that a finish higher than 4th this year is unlikely due to the top 3 being so strong. However, injuries, sub par performances in games and anything can happen. This program is going to be a nightmare for other teams in the district in the future. In fact, I think they have a shot to contend for the district title next year as this years top 3 lose several key players.

I think HVs baseball program is very well run. They are well coached in all phases of the game. I believe they get the maximum out of their talent. I do think that a finish higher than 4th this year is unlikely due to the top 3 being so strong. However, injuries, sub par performances in games and anything can happen. This program is going to be a nightmare for other teams in the district in the future. In fact, I think they have a shot to contend for the district title next year as this years top 3 lose several key players.

Does not surprise me as these young men are led by a top-notch individual who is years ahead of himself. When I first met him back during the mid-summer of 2004, I was trying to figure out why (I assumed) a 28-30 yr old guy was in college but I later discovered he was attending graduate school at the age of 21.

• 3 years later...