T.J. Duncan's Drive For Five

bbb

Why are you so concerned with the past? TJ is one heck of a wrestler, and everything I've seen one heck of a nice kid. Leave the past alone, and celebrate the accomplishments.

I'm not trying to knock the kid, had a great time watching him in state. I was just curious if some of the rumors I had heard were true. Hopefully he can wrestle as well in college for my Terrapins!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably is a nice kid and undeniably a very good wrestler. Just funny how we conveniently want to just "forget the past" when it suits us, yet will use it in the drop of a hat if it can help an argument of our own. Did you hate History class in High School? After all, that's all in the past. :roflol:

That has nothing to do with it. What he did as an 8th grader I did not agree with, but others found funny. What I'm saying is why is this guy bringing this up now? What's the point?

It's not like there were things every day in his past that showed this kind of behavior. Remember, this was the actions of 13 year old. If you watched him after his win this year it was a simple show of 5 and that was it. It's called maturity. And I think he showed that.

That has nothing to do with it. What he did as an 8th grader I did not agree with, but others found funny. What I'm saying is why is this guy bringing this up now? What's the point?

It's not like there were things every day in his past that showed this kind of behavior. Remember, this was the actions of 13 year old. If you watched him after his win this year it was a simple show of 5 and that was it. It's called maturity. And I think he showed that.

Like I said, I'm not trying to knock him for anything he did in the past, I simply was curious whether the rumors I had heard were true. I've heard nothing but good things about him, and he is truly one heck of a wrestler. Five state championships is quite the accomplishment, and what I was asking had nothing to do with him as a person or as a wrestler, because, as you said, these things are in the past. I was only wondering if the things people had told me were true, nothing more, nothing less, and I apologize if I struck a nerve somewhere in there.

Edited by two4takedowns

Yeah, it was one of the most classless things I've ever seen on the wrestling mat. He took his headgear off and "buried" it at the center of the mat. Since then when I've seen him wrestle, which is few and far between since I didn't wrestle in the Chattanooga area, I didn't see any sort of celebration of that magnitude. Although when I wrestled him in 2008 at a tournament, he only minored me and he would not look at me or my coach when we shook hands. That is not as bad as what he did as an 8th grader, but it still showed poor sportsmanship.

Now I am not saying he's a bad person, I was not a teammate or classmate of his. But he is an amazing wrestler to pull what he has, 5 state titles. Granted those championships are in DII, but I have not looked to see if I think he would beat the DI wrestler at each weight.

Either way, he is an amazing wrestler who teams can only hope to find once in a generation.

If I had a dollar for every "classless" thing I had seen a 14 year old teenager do on or off the mat, I'd have a chain of Irish Pubs and BCB would be the general manager.