Hendersonville Girls Coach Out?

Hank51

Based on earlier threads, isn't that what most involved wanted?

Yes. And I certainly did and if it is true, just wondering what took so long. I am just trying to verify. He may be a wonderful man and teacher. But he is/was a HORRIBLE Coach and has dashed the hopes and aspirations of enough young women. Past time to move him out and head in another direction. And the administration should go back about about 3 or 4 years and apologize to every young lady that struggled under his failed direction.

Edited by Hank51

Hank- here it is...

"Hall out: Clancy Hall said he has been "removed" as Hendersonville's girls basketball coach after eight seasons. The Lady Commandos were 3-24 this season.

from the Tennessean

About time and TOO late for so many young ladies. Coach Wilhite from Ellis I understand will be the new Coach. She seems accomplished and qualified.

Hendersonville needs to make some changes from front office down. I don't see that they do too much to support and promote their players other than throw them out there to play for HHS with no concern or attention to their futures. This is NOT the way many other schools do it. And while I'm not saying it is their (school's) responsibility to promote the girls that play for them, they should be up front with the players and parents.

Coach Hall failed his players in this aspect. Ultimately, he failed the program.

Just my opinion.

Hank- here it is...

"Hall out: Clancy Hall said he has been "removed" as Hendersonville's girls basketball coach after eight seasons. The Lady Commandos were 3-24 this season.

from the Tennessean

About time and TOO late for so many young ladies. Coach Wilhite from Ellis I understand will be the new Coach. She seems accomplished and qualified.

Hendersonville needs to make some changes from front office down. I don't see that they do too much to support and promote their players other than throw them out there to play for HHS with no concern or attention to their futures. This is NOT the way many other schools do it. And while I'm not saying it is their (school's) responsibility to promote the girls that play for them, they should be up front with the players and parents.

Coach Hall failed his players in this aspect. Ultimately, he failed the program.

Just my opinion.

You guys talk pretty rough of coach Hall. I may be an outsider, but from what I could tell he is a very nice man who worked hard to coach his team. What could the guy have done so vile that you'd talk like this about him?

Record may not be too good but he rallied to get 3 wins and a BIG victory over Gallatin after being beaten earlier in the year. Coach Wilhite is talented. Perhaps she will have better luck with the girls and the picky fans.

You guys talk pretty rough of coach Hall. I may be an outsider, but from what I could tell he is a very nice man who worked hard to coach his team. What could the guy have done so vile that you'd talk like this about him?

Record may not be too good but he rallied to get 3 wins and a BIG victory over Gallatin after being beaten earlier in the year. Coach Wilhite is talented. Perhaps she will have better luck with the girls and the picky fans.

Not rough, just honest. Did you have a child in this program? If not, you probably wouldn't understand.

• 9 years later...
On 2/23/2011 at 6:23 AM, Hank51 said:

Yes. And I certainly did and if it is true, just wondering what took so long. I am just trying to verify. He may be a wonderful man and teacher. But he is/was a HORRIBLE Coach and has dashed the hopes and aspirations of enough young women. Past time to move him out and head in another direction. And the administration should go back about about 3 or 4 years and apologize to every young lady that struggled under his failed direction.

DejaVu for the boys team now. Absolutely agree with your view above. Great classroom teacher so they say but terrible leader on the court.