Division II-A Boys Substate...The quiet before the storm

dgeeman

Who will make the "Final Four" in Division II-A Boys   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will advance to David Lipscomb University to play in the Division II-A State Championship?

I certainly hope no one was affected by the storms that raced across our state last night but it has certainly been quiet on the boards since FRA's win over DCA last weekend at Knox Webb. I think the narrow wins on Friday shows that any team in the Mid/East division can beat anyone on any given day. So the big question is which team can put together a run of 3 games and become the State Champion for 2011.

Is ECS a step above the rest?

Is FRA peaking at the right time?

Will DCA find their mojo?

What do you think?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly hope no one was affected by the storms that raced across our state last night but it has certainly been quiet on the boards since FRA's win over DCA last weekend at Knox Webb. I think the narrow wins on Friday shows that any team in the Mid/East division can beat anyone on any given day. So the big question is which team can put together a run of 3 games and become the State Champion for 2011.

Is ECS a step above the rest?

Is FRA peaking at the right time?

Will DCA find their mojo?

What do you think?

It is really hard to compare the E/M to the West? Usually you can find some common opponents to try and judge the others strength but that doesn't seem to be the case this time? So, no one will really have any idea how each Region compares to the other until late Friday night?

Being from the West, all I can really say is that ECS will be VERY hard to beat at home.....by anyone. Especially if they continue their streak as of late. They are a very impressive team and Kasper is the real deal. Not only by his contributions but also in the way he makes those around him better. A true team player. Weaver is the perfect compliment to Kasper and is capable of shooting the lights out if he gets hot. All the rest compliment the team in general but aren't gonna beat you by themselves.

The only thing I know about USN is that Nilan leads the show. I have seen him play and although he's very talented, he is not gonna beat you.

FACS will look very impressive when they walk out with a lot of height and talent yet something is missing? The big man shows spurts of greatness but doesn't seem to insert himself very much like most teams would with a 6'-7" athelete would do. They seem to just be content on moving the ball around with noone really ever looking to score that much. Just my opion yet was really puzzled by this team?

USJ plays well at home but that's about all the input I'm giving "dgeeman" right now :)

Don't know much about Ezell nor FRA. Other than like dgeeman says, it does look like this Region was very evenly matched.

Good luck to all teams, it should be fun. Hope everyone has safe trips.

It is really hard to compare the E/M to the West? Usually you can find some common opponents to try and judge the others strength but that doesn't seem to be the case this time? So, no one will really have any idea how each Region compares to the other until late Friday night?

Being from the West, all I can really say is that ECS will be VERY hard to beat at home.....by anyone. Especially if they continue their streak as of late. They are a very impressive team and Kasper is the real deal. Not only by his contributions but also in the way he makes those around him better. A true team player. Weaver is the perfect compliment to Kasper and is capable of shooting the lights out if he gets hot. All the rest compliment the team in general but aren't gonna beat you by themselves.

The only thing I know about USN is that Nilan leads the show. I have seen him play and although he's very talented, he is not gonna beat you.

FACS will look very impressive when they walk out with a lot of height and talent yet something is missing? The big man shows spurts of greatness but doesn't seem to insert himself very much like most teams would with a 6'-7" athelete would do. They seem to just be content on moving the ball around with noone really ever looking to score that much. Just my opion yet was really puzzled by this team?

USJ plays well at home but that's about all the input I'm giving "dgeeman" right now :)

Don't know much about Ezell nor FRA. Other than like dgeeman says, it does look like this Region was very evenly matched.

Good luck to all teams, it should be fun. Hope everyone has safe trips.

Asitis, I like your style. And I guess it is easier to talk about other teams and hope that you don't let anything out about your own team in the process. I think that is why it has been so quiet on the Mid East side lately is well boasting usually doesn't pan out and if you boast about your team...well you end up eating "crow" most of the times. Well DCA is very quick around the perimeter. FRA has more trees than the Great Smokey Mountains, USN plays very aggressively, and Ezell...we seem to be always in the game and hopefully will be on Saturday.(not giving Asitis anything as well) :)

Same thing here...good luck to everyone! and Safe travels. Missing the Lady Eagles game tonight I want to wish our Lady Eagles good luck against Fayette Academy.

Go Eagles!

Asitis, I like your style. And I guess it is easier to talk about other teams and hope that you don't let anything out about your own team in the process. I think that is why it has been so quiet on the Mid East side lately is well boasting usually doesn't pan out and if you boast about your team...well you end up eating "crow" most of the times. Well DCA is very quick around the perimeter. FRA has more trees than the Great Smokey Mountains, USN plays very aggressively, and Ezell...we seem to be always in the game and hopefully will be on Saturday.(not giving Asitis anything as well) :)

Same thing here...good luck to everyone! and Safe travels. Missing the Lady Eagles game tonight I want to wish our Lady Eagles good luck against Fayette Academy.

Go Eagles!

After so many dishes served every way imaginable, I've found that crow is an acquired taste and fits right in with my diet during basketball season.

Guys I cant wait to see these boys play! The West shows up today to two very hungry teams. DCA was STRONG in K'ville and I expect them to be as strong today. FRA is just as strong and they're hungry for the win. dgeeman said it best...all four teams from the M/E are basically equally matched and can win at any given time. I suspect the west is the same. We'll see..

The last few weeks I've had a "crow deficiency" so i'm going to go out and say DCA wins big and FRA wins bigger! DCA by 10 and FRA by 18 or more.

Open table at Le Restaurant de Corbeau gents but you can't sit down without making a prediction!!!

USJ let this one get away from them - were up 6 with less than a minute to go.

Free throws hurt, but in all fairness there were a couple other key mistakes that cost them the game. Thanks guys for a good year - can't remember if we have ever hosted a sub-state guys game before. Will take a while to get over this one, but something that you can be proud of one day.

Congrats to Ezell-Harding - tough, tough team that never said die even with two of your better players fouled out and on bench. Miracle finish but your kids had lots to do with it - best of luck next week at Lipscomb.

USJ let this one get away from them - were up 6 with less than a minute to go.

Free throws hurt, but in all fairness there were a couple other key mistakes that cost them the game. Thanks guys for a good year - can't remember if we have ever hosted a sub-state guys game before. Will take a while to get over this one, but something that you can be proud of one day.

Congrats to Ezell-Harding - tough, tough team that never said die even with two of your better players fouled out and on bench. Miracle finish but your kids had lots to do with it - best of luck next week at Lipscomb.

Thanks movinonup. Very good game. I was very impressed with Glover. One question, Do you think the refs where bad or what?

Thanks movinonup. Very good game. I was very impressed with Glover. One question, Do you think the refs where bad or what?

A few questionable calls to say the least - but fair, bad on both sides. The bad thing was that they would seem to call a few in a row bad on each side. I did not agree with a run of calls they made on us, but then would turn around and there would be a string of calls that I did not agree with that went against you all.

I agree with most of the comments. I just want to say thanks for a great season to the Bruins. Hold your heads up. The win and comeback for Ezell Harding was so similiar to our come from behind win against Lausanne, another great basketball team. It is a better feeling to be on the other side, but it is what it is. Sometimes you are just not meant to win. We can all rehash what we should have done as a team, but it is a culmination of many things that gives us the result. Thanks for the memories! And if anyone has a tape of last night's game, I would love to get a copy!

Like all games there are always questionable calls from one side or the other. I was absolutely livid about many calls of the game. There was a clear charge that #5 took early in the game that was a "no call" that really set the tone for our murmuring and complaining. Late in the game #5 was whistled when he passed then charge...the video tape show the USJ player moving...at the time though I thought it was a legit call. It happens. We could replay the last minute 10 times and I honestly would not think Ezell would win again. But on this night...they did and we Ezell fans were greatful. But believe me we have been on the USJ side at least 4 other times this season...we had a game against USN and now USJ that seemed to have been given to us...but let's not take away the shots by Ray and Jenkins late...they were clutch.

If you want a dvd give me an address and after our season is over I will send you one for a nominal fee if you are a USJ fan. If you are an Ezell Fan...I am selling these as the "Miracle at USJ" cause I can get a lot more money from them...LOL. :)

I feel bad for the way USJ lost that game...but proud of the way the Eagles won it...look at it this way with gas prices so high...we were just being neighborly and keep yall from that expensive road trip.

Just kidding about most of this. Good luck to yall next season...

Gman