Who will come out on top this year in District 8AAA?

rhs81

Who will come out on top this year in 8AAA???

I think Tullahoma and Columbia Central will come out on top. This district isn't really pumping out the wins, but they are playing some serious competition. Of the teams in 8AAA, i think these 2 teams will go the furthest. Columbia has experience, and Tullahoma has a strong forward.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Tullahoma and Columbia Central will come out on top. This district isn't really pumping out the wins, but they are playing some serious competition. Of the teams in 8AAA, i think these 2 teams will go the furthest. Columbia has experience, and Tullahoma has a strong forward.

Tullahoma traveled to Columbia last night with Columbia coming out on top 5-2. Tullahoma seemed to be missing their key mid fielder and keeper? All in all hard fought match with #23 for Columbia Payne Fisher controling the middle and ditributing the ball very well to his guys up front. J. wright had a hat trick as well for Columbia.

Columbia 5

Shelbyville 0

Columbia scored early jumping out to a 2-0 lead and never looked back in this one. Could have been much worse

played several JV players in the second half. Once again #23 Payne Fisher for Columbia was a force in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...

Columbia and Lincoln County played tonight for the regular season championship with Columbia surviving 5-2. Very physical and hard fought battle. #23 for Columbia Payne Fisher did another good job of controling the middle. I would think these two team just might meet again in the District tournament for the Championship again.

Columbia and Lincoln County played tonight for the regular season championship with Columbia surviving 5-2. Very physical and hard fought battle. #23 for Columbia Payne Fisher did another good job of controling the middle. I would think these two team just might meet again in the District tournament for the Championship again.

Hopefully, these two teams will meet again. It was an exciting game to watch!

Columbia is very obviously the front-runner in this district. Let the scores tell you..

Columbia 6-2 Franklin County

Tullahoma 2-5 Columbia

Columbia 5-0 Shelbyville

Columbia 4-2 Lawrence County

Lincoln County 2-5 Columbia

25 - goals for

8 - goals against

I will be VERY suprised if they do not make it to the District Championship, if not win it.

• 3 weeks later...

Great final last night, worth waiting for. Both teams displayed heart, great passing, and defensive grit. This was an entire game like the first 60 minutes or so of the regular season game. Two pretty evenly matched teams. That last 25 after the weather delay was exceptional - Lincoln County kept getting pressure on the goal and I thought for sure on at least one shot that they had tied it, but they just couldn't quite get the equalizer. And then Columbia would get some pressure on the goal for the finalizer, almost just back and forth like that for 25 solid minutes.

Anyway congrats to Columbia on the 2-1 win. Proud of the effort and play of the Falcons! And respect to both teams for the sportsmanship displayed even under tense conditions.