CAK vs. Alcoa

BigG

Pretty sure I also now know who gunters is, I will be sure to use that power in the rematches (I hope to see 3 :D )

I agree with BigG on the fact that it was a fun game to watch. Alcoa got the first, but CAK countered so quickly that it swung momentum back to the warriors. CAK kept the pressure up and scored 2 nice goals, the volley was wicked and I don't think any keeper was stopping that one. Alcoa's centerback was out getting treatment, so I don't know how that would have affected anything. CAK was really clicking well in the attack the last 20 of the 1st. I thought Alcoa regrouped well in the 2nd and had the run of play to get their 2nd goal to make it a game again, but CAK seems to always find that decisive goal to seal it, and the last one was nice again off the corner and quick deflection and header. It was good to see a few of the top players in the area show their skills. It was hard fought as usual and I would be shocked if a few more of these didn't play out in the coming weeks. Good Luck to both teams!

Both programs seem to be in great hands after such legendary coaches :roll: (please read the sarcasm) But honestly, it was great to see these teams compete with class and make each other better for another run. I have to admit it was hard to sit and watch, even with good company. I can promise that if either squad gets hot, no one wants to play them in the post season.

G, see how long you can go without a reference to a 4-2 score..... make it another day and I may double our bet.

Thoughts and Prayers to Sam Webster for a quick recovery. WELL DONE LADS!!!!

Sorry I have not chimed in earlier. I was busy with storm related stuff. My cousin's house basically got the top blown off it in the storms of a few days ago. That was some wild stuff!

Anyway, back to the game. It was a great game to watch as a fan, lots of tension, lots of heart left out on the field. It was a very physical game. Not physical as in dirty, just very tight marking, no balls were uncontested, players ran through the ball. The crowd was also great for both teams. Lots of cheering, lots of groaning, lots of noise. I like nice crowds. This is to take nothing away from CAK, but it was very tough to lose our defensive mid in the previous game, out for the season and then out center back for half the 1st half vs CAK. Again, no excuses, it is just part of the game and it could have easily been CAK with injured players as it was us. Stuff just happens and you adjust. If we, Alcoa can take care of our business this coming week, we will be setting ourselves up for another game with CAK in the District Tournament. We play Loudon and Kingston this coming week and both are quality teams and we have our work cut out for us. Then we have the District Tournament. We feel we have not played anywhere near our best soccer yet and I bet CAK feels the same way.

Well played CAK, I am hoping we meet again!

:motorbike: