Region 6-AAA Tournament (Districts 11 and 12)

TheAnswer21

The regional matchups for Monday night are:

McGavock (14-16) at Independence (25-7)

Franklin (17-18) at Overton (31-3)

The winners will play Wednesday for the region title.

It is pretty clear who the favorites are in these match-ups, but the Franklin/Overton game interests me because the Rebels are hot right now and Overton's record is a little skewed after playing many of their games in a very weak district. Not saying the Rebels will pull the upset, but I think it will be closer than most would expect looking at the records. Independece will be tough to beat and is the probable favorite as region champion because of their two strong pitchers at the top of their rotation. Any thoughts/predictions?

Overton wins relatively comfortably. 8-3 I think.

Overton trailed 3-1 in the 4th, rallied to win 8-3. Overton goes to 31-3, Jordan Humphreys with a complete game goes to 9-0. Allowed just 4 hits, all in the top of the 4th and finished the 5th-7th innings 3 up, 3 down.

4 Bobcat players had multi-hit games, Pat Luken with 3. Brandon Robertson with the loss, and Payne allowed a few more.

Overton at Independence Wednesday at 6:30. Mt Juliet and Rossview on the other side.