Region 1-AAA/2-AAA Tourney

FARRAGUTADGRAD

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't go so I'm not sure, hopefully the arm isn't acting up again. If he is done, so is Farragut quite honestly.

Pfeifer was taken out because his arm felt a little tight due to the cold weather. He should be fine for his next start. Xander Taylor looked real good over the next 4 innings. Hardin Valley's only run scored without a hit.

Pfeifer was taken out because his arm felt a little tight due to the cold weather. He should be fine for his next start. Xander Taylor looked real good over the next 4 innings. Hardin Valley's only run scored without a hit.

Not sure now where the Farragut/Maryville game will be played. Both TSSAA and Coacht have Farragut as the home team.

Region 2

Host..........Visitor

Farragut......Maryville ...... R2AAA

http://tssaa.org/2010Champions/StateBaseball/ClassAAA/Region.htm

Not sure now where the Farragut/Maryville game will be played. Both TSSAA and Coacht have Farragut as the home team.

Region 2

Host..........Visitor

It seems that both coacht & TSSAA are wrong. Both Farragut & Maryville believe it is at Maryvills.

"Maryville (29-11) gets a rematch with the Admirals on Wednesday at MC for what would be a rare region title for the Rebels. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m."

1-AAA:

5th Inning- Science Hill 5, Mo West 5.

2nd Inning- Jeff Co. 5, Dobyns-Bennett 1.

2-AAA:

Final- Farragut 11, Hardin Valley 1.

5th Inning- Maryville 7, Oak Ridge 0.

Science Hill 12 Morristown West 7--Science Hill will host Jeff County Wednesday night at 6:00pm.

Region 2

Host..........Visitor

TSSAA fixed the problem. Game will be at MC. Not sure how much of a difference a few miles will make for either team though, should be a good game. Wonder if Buck would gamble on throwing Pfeifer so they wouldn't have to go to Kingsport? Most of the time I would always say rest him for sub-state, but with D-No probably waiting on the loser, I just don't know.

Anyone have any predictions for SH/Jeff Co. game? How's Jeff Co. this year I've only seen SH play.

TSSAA fixed the problem. Game will be at MC. Not sure how much of a difference a few miles will make for either team though, should be a good game. Wonder if Buck would gamble on throwing Pfeifer so they wouldn't have to go to Kingsport? Most of the time I would always say rest him for sub-state, but with D-No probably waiting on the loser, I just don't know.

Anyone have any predictions for SH/Jeff Co. game? How's Jeff Co. this year I've only seen SH play.

Dino was not at his best last night. West hit him at times. Jeff Co. may be a sleeper.

SH and Jeff County should be a real good game. SH has a bevy of good pitching. Norris throws mid 90s, but they have three other pitchers throwing in 90s, three in the high 80s, and two in the mid 80s. Science Hill is presently hitting the ball real well. What little I've seen of Jeff County, they are a very aggressive team offensively. I don't know much about there pitching, but SH hit the Morristown West ace real well Monday. Nevertheless, at this level there are no walk overs. Every team from now on has proven that they are a good team, not to be taken lightly.

One of the fortunate outcomes of Monday night's game for SH was that Norris only threw about 70 pitches through the fourth inning. So he should be relatively fresh for Friday night.

From Knoxville News Sentinel:

"Senior Philip Pfeifer, one of the nation’s top prospects, exited after pitching the first inning. Pfeifer earlier missed a month of the season with arm troubles.

“Something was not feeling right in his arm,†said Buckner.

“He’s hurting … he wouldn’t come out unless he was hurting.â€

Buckner said Pfeifer is questionable for the sectional game.

“Friday is probably not an option. That would be my guess.â€

Farragut just may will have to do it without Pfeifer.