West Rebs VS. Austin East?

westrebel20

what year is chait? can he throw any better than the francis kid last year?

I think West does a pretty good job of adapting to their qb and personell. First of all didn't Francis last year pass for over 1300 yds? Not incredible but pretty good for a kid that was a runner first. Second, I remember Jake Ryan passing for 2400 yds his senior year and over 2000 his junior year. I do believe they like to run first but don't just load up in the box if they have a qb that can throw at all bc they have passed for plenty in recent years. I remember years ago when the big qb was there, Varnado I think. That guy rushed for over 400 yds and passed for over 1400. West seems to have gotten a little more defensive last year which has to be nice for a coach that went several years being good on offense but couldn't stop the good teams with defense.

AE returns a lot of players even with their qb transferring. Should be a good game no doubt.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think West does a pretty good job of adapting to their qb and personell. First of all didn't Francis last year pass for over 1300 yds? Not incredible but pretty good for a kid that was a runner first. Second, I remember Jake Ryan passing for 2400 yds his senior year and over 2000 his junior year. I do believe they like to run first but don't just load up in the box if they have a qb that can throw at all bc they have passed for plenty in recent years. I remember years ago when the big qb was there, Varnado I think. That guy rushed for over 400 yds and passed for over 1400. West seems to have gotten a little more defensive last year which has to be nice for a coach that went several years being good on offense but couldn't stop the good teams with defense.

AE returns a lot of players even with their qb transferring. Should be a good game no doubt.

i remember the devanardo kid that was there i believe in 02 and 03. i heard wests qb this year throws more than francis did. more throw first run second

they didnt really run speed option at all last year.

They ran it several times when I saw them play. Whenever Francis was in shotgun they ran speed option a lot. He would attack downhill outside and either keep or pitch. They also ran a lot of counters from gun.

they didnt really run speed option at all last year.

They ran it several times when I saw them play. Whenever Francis was in shotgun they ran speed option a lot. He would attack downhill outside and either keep or pitch. They also ran a lot of counters from gun.

maybe during the playoff run