What do Chattanooga Districts look like?

PHargis

• 3 weeks later...

I had hoped to see several matches this week and provide some input on other teams from my daughter, but unfortunately she twisted her ankle during one of yesterday's games, so I haven't seen as much action as I had hoped. It's always a little tough during the Choo Choo to evaluate teams because you don't know what players are still on vacation, but here's a quick summary of the Chattanooga area:

AAA - Soddy Daisy finished last year as the best team in the area, and they should be the best team again this year, and should make it back to Murfreesboro. They will be led by 6'1" MH Rachel Shaughnessy, but have several other seniors returning including Rebecca Johnson, Sara Davis and Olivia Holden. Ooltewah struggled in the game I saw them play at Choo Choo, but I think there were missing at least one starter (and maybe more). They also will be led by their MH, Kianna Delaney and S Lauren Bennett. Cleveland also does not look as strong as in years past, but Bradley Central may be improved.

AA - Signal Mountain moves up to AA and has a chance to be the top team in the area with five seniors returning, including the MVP from last years A State Championship, 5'11" OH Callie Hildebrand, and will be adding two front row players at 6"2" and 6". Red Bank has controlled this classification for the past two years, and will be led by OH Danielle Moore and S Ansley Helton, but will have to replace All Stater Kalyn Helton. East Hamilton continues to improve and had most of their girls playing club ball. Coach Neely will have East Ridge ready to go, and I think Hixson will also have a chance to make some noise.

A - Sale Creek should be the top team in the area and will probably bring the Single A crown back to Chattanooga for the third year in a row. Boyd has to replace a lot of players.

DII - Baylor will be very good and should have a chance for the State Title, with 6 3" Nicole Sumida leading the way and support from OH Rachel Travis, who will be slowed for a while recovering from a broken finger. GPS will also be good, and if you get a chance, go see OH Tory Kemp put on a highlight show.

It will be a fun year in Chattanooga.

SN, this was a great post and one in which fans in the State will read with interest. Really nothing that the rest of us didnt expect but think Ooltewah may be better than you think. Coach Johnson and Soddy are expected to be good and to have gotten a lot out of State play last year. The rest we knew about except Baylor and maybe we might look at their schedule to see what the highlight reel that plays for them looks like. A compliment from you is worth a look.

In Middle Tennessee, Coach Campbell at Brentwood has done it again and has brought some top notch teams into her Team Camp this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The only thing missing is some of those great teams from Chattanooga. You help make these Tournaments up here. Heres what we expect although after this Team Camp I will capsule it if someone else doesnt and I would rather someone else get the info.

Brentwodd High School took a year off last year from going to State. They will be loaded this year and look for them to be very tough for the next 3-4 years, Ravenwood will be very tough this year even with Williamson rezoning just about everything they had except some players that were great last year and will be better this year. They will be both in the camp. Other schools in District 11 that will be good is Indy and Centinnel which could get some of the rezoning players. They will not be there at the Camp. 7AAA, which Soddy might be interested in, will be great and more balanced this year. Riverdale likely has one of the best players in the State, Chelsey Ross. Coach Jerry Snyder will have to fill in the rest after losing the best group of Seniors Riverdale has had in a number of years. Blackman has a strong group of players with Mense OH leading the Blaze. Siegel, 3rd in last years State, Brings back All State Caroline Gay, All State Libero Becca Cutter, OH Maggie Smith, Middle Addison Rogers, utility Carleton Gay and Jacquelyn Leehman and the rest will come from a Transfer, and a competitive group of freshman and sophmores which make up the rest of the squad.

All of the 7AAA schools will play in Brentwood and after the matches information can be give on a Very Competitive Smyrna and Oakland team and the team from Lavergne.

Ensworth will be strong again this year with most of their players back and Page High School will be strong as usual for the D2 and AA state championship winners.

Edited by PHargis

Announcements