Any good upcoming Freshman in Region 1?

MEGAWRESTLER

I only saw a few good 8th graders coming up to be Freshman, not all of these are in Region 1. I saw most of these wrestle at AAU tournaments, and they stood out to me.

Dylan Shinsky-Wrestled 140-Wrestled for Maryville Middle- Will Wrestle for Maryville High

JD Lewis-Wrestled 105-Wrestled for Rebel Wrestling-Will Wrestle for Sulivan South

Hunter Hite-Wrestled 105-Wrestled for Rebel Wrestling-Will Wrestle for Sulivan South

Baily Overbay-Wrestled 113-Wrestled for East Ridge-Will Wrestle for Morristown East

Palmer Begely-Wrestled 130-Wrestled for Ross Robinson-Will Wrestle for Dobyns Bennett

Nick Crawford-Wrestled 105-Wrestled for Heritage Middle- Will Wrestle for Heritage High

Griffin Broyles-Wrestled 152-Wrestled for West View-Will Wrestle for Morristown West

Brandon Wilmoth-Wrestled 83-Wrestled for Jefferson Middle-Will Wrestle for Jefferson Couty High

Storm Williams-Wrestled 105-Wrestled for West View-West View feeds to Morristown West, he is rumored to be at Morristown East

Brandon Kagley-Wrestled 140-Wrestled for Heritage Middle-Will Wrestle at Heritage High

Ryan Long-Wrestled 152-Wrestled for Catholic Academy of Knoxville-Will wrestle for Knox-Catholic

Landon Porter-Wrestled-125-Wrestled for East Ridge-Will wrestle for Morristown East

I think those will be the Freshman to watch in this upcoming season.

Edited by newcoach215

I only saw a few good 8th graders coming up to be Freshman, not all of these are in Region 1. I saw most of these wrestle at AAU tournaments, and they stood out to me.

Dylan Shinsky-Wrestled 140-Wrestled for Maryville Middle- Will Wrestle for Maryville High

JD Lewis-Wrestled 105-Wrestled for Rebel Wrestling-Will Wrestle for Sulivan South

Hunter Hite-Wrestled 105-Wrestled for Rebel Wrestling-Will Wrestle for Sulivan South

Baily Overbay-Wrestled 113-Wrestled for East Ridge-Will Wrestle for Morristown East

Palmer Begely-Wrestled 130-Wrestled for Ross Robinson-Will Wrestle for Dobyns Bennett

Nick Crawford-Wrestled 105-Wrestled for Heritage Middle- Will Wrestle for Heritage High

Griffin Broyles-Wrestled 152-Wrestled for West View-Will Wrestle for Morristown West

Brandon Wilmoth-Wrestled 83-Wrestled for Jefferson Middle-Will Wrestle for Jefferson Couty High

Storm Williams-Wrestled 105-Wrestled for West View-West View feeds to Morristown West, he is rumored to be at Morristown East

Brandon Kagley-Wrestled 140-Wrestled for Heritage Middle-Will Wrestle at Heritage High

Ryan Long-Wrestled 152-Wrestled for Catholic Academy of Knoxville-Will wrestle for Knox-Catholic

Landon Porter-Wrestled-125-Wrestled for East Ridge-Will wrestle for Morristown East

I think those will be the Freshman to watch in this upcoming season.

Maryville and Heritage are Region 3 and Knox Catholic are Region 2. Just an FYI.

I would expect Palmer Begley to make the easiest transition to high school, but he will be at a pretty tough weight anywhere from 132 to 152. There were a lot of good wrestlers who graduated last year in those classes.

Bailey Overbay and Storm Williams are both promising. Williams has put in quite a bit of mat time this spring and summer. One will probably be in Boatman's weight class and the other in Armstong's weight class, so may be a tough job beating those guys. Hard to guess what weight they will all be as all of them have grown some. At least it adds some strength to the lighter weights this year.

Edited by baller95

Maryville and Heritage are Region 3 and Knox Catholic are Region 2. Just an FYI.

I would expect Palmer Begley to make the easiest transition to high school, but he will be at a pretty tough weight anywhere from 132 to 152. There were a lot of good wrestlers who graduated last year in those classes.

Bailey Overbay and Storm Williams are both promising. Williams has put in quite a bit of mat time this spring and summer. One will probably be in Boatman's weight class and the other in Armstong's weight class, so may be a tough job beating those guys. Hard to guess what weight they will all be as all of them have grown some. At least it adds some strength to the lighter weights this year.

I completely agree with most everything that you said.. The only thing is i feel like you are over looking some great wrestlers. Begely will make a pretty easy transition, but will most likely be in the same weight as Shinsky and Broyles.. Not seen alot from Shinsky this summer, but I am sure thats because of football. Broyles, however, had a tough match with Palmer's older brother Bryson in the off season when Broyles moved up from 152 to wrestle him for team points. It was close until the weight difference caught up with Broyles.. Broyles, has also beat Matt Philip(upcoming senior/state qualifer) and Josh Hamilton(upcoming sopomore/state qualifer). Ryan Long(who is also close to Begely) has wrestled in a few tournaments this past summer.. but competed in the middle school division from what I've heard, and Shinsky may even move up to 160-170.. You never know.. Palmer Begely would have a tough time with Long, Shinsky, or Broyles.. Not to mention Begely has to take on upper classmen..

Edited by newcoach215

I completely agree with most everything that you said.. The only thing is i feel like you are over looking some great wrestlers. Begely will make a pretty easy transition, but will most likely be in the same weight as Shinsky and Broyles.. Not seen alot from Shinsky this summer, but I am sure thats because of football. Broyles, however, had a tough match with Palmer's older brother Bryson in the off season when Broyles moved up from 152 to wrestle him for team points. It was close until the weight difference caught up with Broyles.. Broyles, has also beat Matt Philip(upcoming senior/state qualifer) and Josh Hamilton(upcoming sopomore/state qualifer). Ryan Long(who is also close to Begely) has wrestled in a few tournaments this past summer.. but competed in the middle school division from what I've heard, and Shinsky may even move up to 160-170.. You never know.. Palmer Begely would have a tough time with Long, Shinsky, or Broyles.. Not to mention Begely has to take on upper classmen..

I am sure they are all fine wrestlers and will do well this year, but again the ones that are not going to be in Region 1, such and Long and Shinsky, arent relevant in a Region 1 topic discussion. I wish the two were going to Region 1 High Schools to be honest. Broyles will be fine I'm sure but both he and Palmer will run into some tough upperclassmen whether it be in the Region Tournament or State. The thing that is most important is that Region 1 gain wrestlers each year that will increase the competition inside the Region to prepare the eventual Region Champs to be better prepared for State. There were a few last year that breezed thru the Region and werent as well prepared for State as they could have been with tough competition week in and week out. I dont really care who the "best" freshman may be as long as there are many that could have that title and will make Region 1 stronger.

I am sure they are all fine wrestlers and will do well this year, but again the ones that are not going to be in Region 1, such and Long and Shinsky, arent relevant in a Region 1 topic discussion. I wish the two were going to Region 1 High Schools to be honest. Broyles will be fine I'm sure but both he and Palmer will run into some tough upperclassmen whether it be in the Region Tournament or State. The thing that is most important is that Region 1 gain wrestlers each year that will increase the competition inside the Region to prepare the eventual Region Champs to be better prepared for State. There were a few last year that breezed thru the Region and werent as well prepared for State as they could have been with tough competition week in and week out. I dont really care who the "best" freshman may be as long as there are many that could have that title and will make Region 1 stronger.

I completely agree. If the Region itself gets stronger so will coaching, competition, and all around success at the State Tournament(like you said). However, these young men that we have been talking about that are the "best" freshman, will one day be the top dogs and there is no need for upperclassmen and coaches to look over them by any means. See what I'm saying?

I completely agree. If the Region itself gets stronger so will coaching, competition, and all around success at the State Tournament(like you said). However, these young men that we have been talking about that are the "best" freshman, will one day be the top dogs and there is no need for upperclassmen and coaches to look over them by any means. See what I'm saying?

No one that steps on the mat should ever be overlooked - Freshman or not. I understand that point. My only point is that the ones in the middle to heavier weight classes sometimes have a difficult time with stronger, more mature, and experienced competition. More so than the lighter weights generally. Just a general observation. I am sure there will be some matches people will call upsets with these guys and matches against upperclassmen where they will be favored. It is good to see a strong Freshman class coming to challenge for Region Championships. I think Region 1 will see stronger freshman classes in the years to come as there are more and more solid youth programs in the area.