1st Upper East Tenn Ranking

The Hill

The Johnson City Press football edition will be published next week, but the first prep rankings of the season are ready to be released.

Of course, it’s all word of mouth right now. Here’s what coaches, fans and players are saying:

1. Greeneville — Until proven otherwise

2. Dobyns-Bennett — Tradition still matters

3. Science Hill — Getting stronger every day

4. Elizabethton — Standout QB, good talent mix

5. Daniel Boone — Always well-coached

6. Sullivan South — Interesting collection

7. Sullivan North — Always competitive

8. Happy Valley — Riding momentum from 2010

9. Tennessee High — New coach; darkhorse

10. Hampton — Tradition still matters

(tie) Johnson County — Always tough and scrappy

Pretty goofy if you ask me. To start with theres not 10 teams in upper east tn. worthy of a top 10 pole.

1) Dobyns Bennett (sorry but like most years theres just nobody up here that can beat them)

2) Greenville ( probably the only team that could stand toe to toe with DB without some help from lady luck)

3) South (their going to be better than they want everybody to think. Part of Mr. Haynie's thinking is to catch everybody by suprise)

4) Daniel Boone ( they have a pretty good program started. If they can keep the staff together they'll continue to get better)

5) Science Hill ( im not going to believe any of the hype until they are able to back it up. Johnson City is a basketball town. You can throw all the money in the world at it and it ain't gonna change a thing.)

Thats it. I had to stretch it to come up with 5 teams for a upper east tn. top 10

The Johnson City Press football edition will be published next week, but the first prep rankings of the season are ready to be released.

Of course, it’s all word of mouth right now. Here’s what coaches, fans and players are saying:

1. Greeneville — Until proven otherwise

2. Dobyns-Bennett — Tradition still matters

3. Science Hill — Getting stronger every day

4. Elizabethton — Standout QB, good talent mix

5. Daniel Boone — Always well-coached

6. Sullivan South — Interesting collection

7. Sullivan North — Always competitive

8. Happy Valley — Riding momentum from 2010

9. Tennessee High — New coach; darkhorse

10. Hampton — Tradition still matters

(tie) Johnson County — Always tough and scrappy

TThe Fairy Gazette Poll don't mean squat. And by the way, Greeneville was proven unworthy of #1 yesterday by the Dobyns-Bennett Indians. Roll Tribe Roll!!!!

Doug Fritz is an idiot. A DB Grad that sold out to the Topper Nation years ago. I don't think the DB Coaches let him be on Varsity or something.

Topper Nation, Rainbow Warriors or Fairy Princesses, they are all the same name. That's it, maybe they will put a big Unicorn or a rainbow at midfield.

I would put DB first on that list for now. If for no other reason, Greeneville proved yesterday that they are capable of completely not showing up for a game. DB deserves to be #1 right now because they came in focused yesterday and played their game. Plus, they are really good!

DB is better than Greeneville right now, but I’m still not a believer that DB will necessarily be better than Greeneville by mid-season(if GHS play like they are capable). I actually think Greeneville matches up pretty well with DB athletically. I still haven't figured out exactly what happened yesterday. Every Greeneville fan I've talked to is in shock about how bad they looked. They have a lot of adjustments to make. I honestly think it would be a great matchup if Greeneville showed up healthy and ready to play. Regardless, you have to go by what you see on the field, so I would put DB #1 and Greeneville #2 for now.

I would put DB first on that list for now. If for no other reason, Greeneville proved yesterday that they are capable of completely not showing up for a game. DB deserves to be #1 right now because they came in focused yesterday and played their game. Plus, they are really good!

DB is better than Greeneville right now, but I’m still not a believer that DB will necessarily be better than Greeneville by mid-season(if GHS play like they are capable). I actually think Greeneville matches up pretty well with DB athletically. I still haven't figured out exactly what happened yesterday. Every Greeneville fan I've talked to is in shock about how bad they looked. They have a lot of adjustments to make. I honestly think it would be a great matchup if Greeneville showed up healthy and ready to play. Regardless, you have to go by what you see on the field, so I would put DB #1 and Greeneville #2 for now.

I hope this doesn't mean that you guys are going to start last year all over again. We don't play each other during the season. It doesn't matter. Just beat the teams on your schedule and stop worrying about DB.

I hope this doesn't mean that you guys are going to start last year all over again. We don't play each other during the season. It doesn't matter. Just beat the teams on your schedule and stop worrying about DB.

You're right. I’m not really worried about DB, because they aren’t in the same division. But, when polls get mentioned, it is always going to bring up a debate unfortunately. A poll with all classifications together is really pointless. It’s about like trying to pick the best pound for pound fighter in boxing or MMA. It is impossible, because all you can really do is decide who is best in their own classification. That is all that really matters anyway and that is ultimately how you should be judged.

Still, I just wanted to reluctantly (I’m a Greeneville fan after all) give DB some credit for their performance by saying they deserve to be number one in that poll. Greeneville is a very deserving number 2 at this point.

Topper Nation, Rainbow Warriors or Fairy Princesses, they are all the same name. That's it, maybe they will put a big Unicorn or a rainbow at midfield.

No shortage of classless rhetoric from (some) of the DB posters on CoachT - Thankfully for the DB family as a whole, a lot of what we see written on here DOES NOT reflect the other 98% of the DB family.