FULTON 28-A.C. 17-SPEED KILLS

CENTRAL 38-CLINTON 14

A.E.42-GIBBS 0-SPEED KILLS

POWELL 31-WEST 10

BEARDEN 21-CAMPBELL CO. 7

GOODPASTURE 24-WEBB 20

SOUTH DOYLE 38-KARNS 17

MARYVILLE 42-CARTER 14

You say speed kills Anderson County huh. Well I hate to break it to you, but the Mavs have several guys on the the that run a sub-4.6 40-yard dash. I dare say that the Mavericks are the fastest bunch of white boys in the state. Besides, who needs speed when you just flat out run over people. Plus, the soggy field tonight will slow down that "killer" speed that you are suggesting that Fulton has.

Guest KRISTI71

I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU WESVOLS-THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY LOADED-GOODPASTURE

big deal-A.C. HASN'T PLAYED ANYONE! WHEN YOU SEE EIGHT MEN IN THE BOX TONIGHT, FASTER THAN LIGHTNING,KNOCKING YOUR BOYS IN THE BACKFIELD FOR A LOSS,AND YOU ARE FORCED TO THROW THE BALL BUT CAN'T!!!!!!!! REMEMBER, I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A.C. WILL BE LUCKY TO FINISH THIRD IN THEIR REGION :)

Kristi,

If you had been reading any of the other posts concerning the AC-Fulton game, who would have seen where I had picked Fulton 28 to 27 over the Mavs. The Mavs are definetely my team, but I picked Fulton due to the fact that I indeed thought that Fulton would line up 8 or 9 in the box and potentially could stop AC's running game. I knew going in that we would not be able to pass on Fulton if they were able to stop the run. As far as speed goes...I didn't see Fulton with two 50+ yard runs up the middle like AC had. If "speed kills", why did Sanders and Mounts run away from your fast defense???

(From last week)

The match-up between Fulton and Anderson Co. this week should be a great one. This one could go either way. If Anderson County's offensive line can pound the rock down Fulton's throat like they did against Kingston last week, the Mavs have a great chance to be 7-0. The Mavericks need good play from "Mad Dog" Lambert's defense (a.k.a. ACDC) in order to stop the aerial assault of the Falcons. But if Fulton can stop the run and force AC to pass, I look for the Falcons coming out on top in this one. Fulton has been waiting for this game for almost a year after what happened last year in the 2nd round of the playoffs in what is know known as the "Maverick Miracle."

Fulton 28-Anderson County 27

[Edited by bigdeal on 10-15-02 7:36P]