McMinn Central vs Sequoyah

charger999

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note the Monroe county community lost a young Man in Afghanastan on the 24th of this month, there is a great back ground story to some things he overcame in his young life, Frankie Watson will be missed and remembered for along time, when I think of how a 21 year old man gave his life so all our kids can continue doing what they do on the field it kind of humbles me, may God bless his family and thier community.Frankie will be coming home Saturday. He will be at McGhee Tyson at 10 a.m. I know people in Monroe County have been told to be on 411 at 10:30 but I would ask and encourage anyone to come to 411 in Blount and Loudon Counties as well! Whether you knew him or not, he died for your freedom! The more people, the better! Lets make Frankies homecoming HUGE! Please share with your friends!

Good one. :thumb:

I pay him no mind. He is one of the ones that "played" in his dreams, if he played he was one of the guys that stood on the sideline and brought his teammates water during time outs or when they came off for a quick breather. We know he never coached or he wouldn't be on this board "stroking his ego" or bashing a current coach or the program he used to coach at. :roflol: Ole ballcoach, living legend, in his own little world. :thumb:

Edited by canadian

Come on guys,don't be jealous of the ol' ballcoach :roflolk: At least when I played and coached,we could get past the first round of playoffs

If your profile is correct, you would have graduated in 83. Central was 0 and 10 in 82,83 and 84. Not only did you not make it past the first round, you NEVER won a game. Your not any better than these players and coaches your bashing.

hey where are all the Sequoyah fans are they going to support thier team?

The Chiefs are too busy fighting about the new Black Jersey's! Maybe the team will wear Blue ones this week! :roflol: That is all the Vonore Croud cares about! Lets get behind our guys tonight and support them no matter if you are from Vonore or Madisonville. Maybe some day people will realize there is no Vonore or Madisonville high schools anymore. These guys deserve all of the community support (both vonore and madisonville)! It does not matter what color the team wears it is still SEQUOYAH HIGH SCHOOL CHIEFS!!!!!!

Chiefs win a close one tonight 28-21. GO CHIEFS!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Deja vu all over again, 7 yrs apart. SMDH Does anybody talk to each other?
    • OK, well, that’s because two quarterbacks can’t start. That’s football 101. The main quarterback won the starting job, so he was on varsity, and the Seymour transfer did not win the starting job. He played some varsity. He was mainly junior varsity, and he balled out when healthy, so for the starting quarterback who’s been starting varsity since his freshman year, if you have any form of proof that he’s gotten worse, somehow, whether that means stats or whatnot, please feel free to share.
    • They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.