KINGSTON VS CAK

jacketfan82

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never know they may run the ball more this game, but everyone knows they will throw it and will make some big plays in the air. The wideouts are truly the best in the knoxville area much less the state. And with High at quarterback and with the great LB core they have i don't see this one ended well for kingston.. It will be a challenge.

can the jackets slow down the warriors passing attack and keep it close?

I said in the pre-season that this game would be a challenge for CAK and I still feel this way. Kingston has some nice athletes and should have the overall best team they have had in the past few years. Their offensive scheme with the wing T will present challenges for the Warrior defense, who struggled earlier in the year against the wing T at Grace and at Stone. The D showed improvement against Loudon & Gibbs running attack. So this game is a good opportunity to see if the Warrior defense has truly improved. Kingston will have their hands full when they are on defense. I believe they will have good athletes, but it will still be a challenge to control the CAK passing attack.

Edited by FootballDad

yea kingston is throwing it alot more this yr,we got a new wingback who was kicked off the team last yr,he runs strong,and we kinda rotate out #3 wingback to reciever,hes got good hands,and our # 22 pretty much does it all,its senior night,hopefully the boys will come out ready to play,and our band should have the place rockin.

CAK offense scores to much for kingston in this game! LC put up a lot of points against kingston threw the air and with there QB! i think CAK QB high is much better than LC qb and the athletes around each player are pretty close in talent. I say its competitive for a while but CAK scores to much for kingston to hang around for 4 quarters! IF CAK cant stop the wing t and kingston can use it to there advantage and kill some clock and maybe force a turnover or 2 from CAK is the only way they will get this one... good luck to both teams

CAK offense scores to much for kingston in this game! LC put up a lot of points against kingston threw the air and with there QB! i think CAK QB high is much better than LC qb and the athletes around each player are pretty close in talent. I say its competitive for a while but CAK scores to much for kingston to hang around for 4 quarters! IF CAK cant stop the wing t and kingston can use it to there advantage and kill some clock and maybe force a turnover or 2 from CAK is the only way they will get this one... good luck to both teams

I agree with you that CAK will be able to throw on Kingston. I wouldn't say that CAK QB is that Much better than LC's QB. LC's QB is more of a run threat than CAK's QB and avg.'s close to as many yards per throw (9.7 to 11.1)

I agree with you that CAK will be able to throw on Kingston. I wouldn't say that CAK QB is that Much better than LC's QB. LC's QB is more of a run threat than CAK's QB and avg.'s close to as many yards per throw (9.7 to 11.1)

The CAK QB is actually a very good runner and has good speed as well, but the CAK plan is for him to pass 1st, pass 2nd, pass 3rd and then and only then run. I understand why the coaches feel that way due to the complexity of the CAK passing attack, but, if they would unleash him on some QB draws or sprint outs it would be a nice additional weapon. While I haven't seen the LC QB in action, I've heard he is a good player too.

FootballDad, funny you should mention that about the QB draw, etc. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that wasn't part of the game plan for this weeks game against Kingston. I'm sure CAK has game film from LC and/or Stone that shows how a "versitle" QB can make life miserable for Kingston.

Just hope the Jackets are making plans for the unexpected!

FootballDad, funny you should mention that about the QB draw, etc. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that wasn't part of the game plan for this weeks game against Kingston. I'm sure CAK has game film from LC and/or Stone that shows how a "versitle" QB can make life miserable for Kingston.

Just hope the Jackets are making plans for the unexpected!

Patriot, I will be more surprised than your Jacket defense if CAK actually puts that into the game plan. :D Many of us Warrior fans have said for years that our QB's could rush for 100 yds per game if the coaches would allow them too because everyone is rushing 3 and dropping 8 to help against our passing attack. I think we could have been even more competitive the past couple of years if we would have utilized the large areas of open field left vacated in front of our QB's. But that simply has not been the mindset of the CAK coaches. It does take a long time and a lot of reps for a kid to fully grasp and execute the Warrior passing game, so the coaches do their best to keep the QB out of harms way. Of course we have the QB draw in the playbook, but it is only used when there is a QB's meeting and the coach asks them to show him the reads on the white board :lol:

Edited by FootballDad