Cody Cleveland - Tullahoma Head Coach

bbb

Former Tennessee at Chattanooga All-American and McCallie state champion Cody Cleveland is the new head wrestling coach at Tullahoma High School.

Cleveland, 24, replaces Ronnie Bray who is now the head wrestling coach at Blackman High School in Murfreesboro. Bray coached Wildcat state champion Brandon Brunner (2010) and 2011 state runner-up Alex Kaferle during his three years as head coach.

“This is a great opportunity for me and I am glad to be back in Tullahoma where I grew up as we have a great support base for wrestling in the community,†said Cleveland who was a four-time state medalist and two-time state champion.

“We should be an experienced team this year as we return seven state qualifiers from last year, including state runner-up Alex Kaferle (112).â€

Cleveland’s assistant coaches are Jeff Lester and Steve Britton, while former Bradley Central state champion Al Morris is the new Tullahoma Middle School wrestling coach and will help with the varsity program.

College: Cleveland was a 2008 All-American for the Mocs, placing eighth at the NCAAs … Southern Conference tournament Outstanding Wrestler in 2009 … three-time SoCon champion, 2008-09-11 ... has a degree in Criminal Justice ... pursuing an MBA.

High School: Tullahoma HS – 3rd place state medalist in 2002 … McCallie –three-time medalist; 2003 (2nd), 2004 (1st), 2005 (1st) … member of Blue Tornado state duals championship team in 2003.

Notes: Cleveland wrestled for the Tullahoma youth program from the first through eighth grades ... a two-time champion at the Ohio Champions tournament ... He wrestled for the Tullahoma youth wrestling program under Ken Hagen and Pat Welch who started the program … Hagen is the dad of former three-time McCallie state champion J.T. Hagen … Cleveland's dad, David, started the Tullahoma Middle School program when Cleveland was in the sixth grade.

New Head Wrestling Coaches

Region 1 (5)

David Crockett – Todd Parker

Morristown West – Roy Rucker

Science Hill – Jimmy Miller is co-head coach with Jeff Price

Sevier County – John Thompson

West Greene – Lynn Bowers

Region 2 (4)

Christian Academy of Knoxville - Chris Hawkins

Farragut – Joe McAllister

Knox Catholic – Justin Anderson

Knox Fulton – Jeremy Branam