Officials

PHargis

Officials calling District matches have been doing very good. Security meetings have been held, officials are there in plenty of time, the up official has been examining players for any bobby pins or other things in the hair, line judges are keeping fans in the stands and matters of scoring have been taken care of promptly. Officials are VERY good for Tournaments.

I not so sure. The last one I went to, a couple of people had "horns" blowing in the stands, one of the line judges was late (they had to have a back-up), and the other line judge was blind (I actually never thought that our parent line judges would be better than the paid judges). It was still fine over all, it just was not as good as it should have been having four TSSAA officials on the court.

I not so sure. The last one I went to, a couple of people had "horns" blowing in the stands, one of the line judges was late (they had to have a back-up), and the other line judge was blind (I actually never thought that our parent line judges would be better than the paid judges). It was still fine over all, it just was not as good as it should have been having four TSSAA officials on the court.

Ummm, while I think I know, what part fo the State without being specific.

For some reason horns or something that sounds like a horn have been showing up at matches. Haven't seen it disturb the Volleyball players who serve with the steel nerves of a surgeon.

The Regional Play "One Night" "For a Chance" on the 18th was a very high spirited event. From the point of view of some viewers, the spirit of Schools, Coaches, Players and the intensiveness of the moments with the conclusion of the event drew very good crowds. Little did anyone know the carryover to the Officials who called these matches. Understanding the meanings of the matches, the Officials really played the part for the meaning and went thru Discussions at the chair, explanation of rulings, relooking at the ways play developed and helped make it what it was. Security at the first of the match was Discussed collectively and although just maintaining order with a group of High School Coaches spouting details of rules and interpretations, at least at one location the meaning and the appreciation of the way officials interpreted by the fans were appreciated. This doesn't mean that it was not good for the explanation of security and at times it was used. Great job officials and security again. What a night.

Announcements