Blackman at La Vergne

Blazeallthewaze

Blackman at Lavergne

Can Blackman rebound.

This game is extremely important for Blackman as we need to get back on the winning track and a win could give Blackman 2nd in the district if Smyrna beats Siegel. We need to forget about the last 2 weeks and come ready to play Blackman ball.

Its time to remember - "WE ARE BLACKMAN"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman at Lavergne

Can Blackman rebound.

This game is extremely important for Blackman as we need to get back on the winning track and a win could give Blackman 2nd in the district if Smyrna beats Siegel. We need to forget about the last 2 weeks and come ready to play Blackman ball.

Its time to remember - "WE ARE BLACKMAN"

I'd say "We are REALLY hoping Mather's toe is fully healed by week 1 of the playoffs" is a better slogan :)

Everyone knows how this one should turn out... Then again Lavergne won one Friday night that plenty of people didn't think they could and Blackman lost one that plenty of folks thought they should win (with or without Mathers)

Playoff wise, Blackman is in and Lavergne is out. The possibility of a 2 seed with a win and Siegel loss coupled with Blackman losing their last 2 games ensures the Blaze aren't overlooking this one. Heading into the playoffs on a 3 game slide is obviously something Blackman desperately wants to avoid. They'll be ready to play.

Lavergne has nothing to lose and will be playing with more confidence than they have all season. I'd love to see Lavergne send their seniors out with a win, but come playoff time I'll be pulling hard for Blackman, love to see them make a deep run.

Edited by bolddust281

There is no way Blackman wants to go into the playoffs with a three game lossing streak. i dont see Shad letting that happen. The big toe will play along with his other toes. Blackman will be motivated to get back on track. A win here maintains a second place finish. That may not mean much in the current playoff seedings but a third or forth place finish and a three game lossing streak riding on you going into the playoffs could be a bit tough. Again i just don't see that happening. I also think Lavergne has a bit of motivation to prove that last weeks win was not a fluke. So they are not going to be your typical 3-6 mail it in team. They will come to play. But in the end Blackman will be to much and will win it. Blaze take 31-13. Itavius will not play the full game.This Bulldog fan would love nothing more than a Wolverine win.

Edited by milo118

A Smyrna win does not guarantee Blackman 2nd place. BHS must beat LHS with a Smyrna win over Siegel to finish 2nd. And the Bulldogs finish 3rd with head to head wins over OHS and Siegel (when this happens Thursday)

Lets look into the crystal ball. RHS is in 1st place. 4 teams tied at 2-2 for 2nd. RHS beats OHS, Smyrna beats Siegel and LHS bests BHS. Then its all jumbled up, Smyrna would finish 2nd with a 3-2 district record. BHS (2-3) , Siegel (2-3) , and the Pats (2-3) with all going to the playoffs.

Its a BIG mess in the TOUGHEST DISTRICT IN THE STATE. How many others could have 5 teams in the playoffs?

Where are all of the Blackman fan on here? Coach Shad enforcing a media blackout?

How excited do you think they should get to play a school that hasn't won a 7-aaa game since 7-aaa was created?

The last time LHS won a district game was 2007 wasn't it? And in 2008 the only win at all was against Hillwood who went winless that year?

I think Coach S.S. should use this post as bulletin board material. Just saying. Because I don't think they have the "huevos" to hang with Blackman.

There's the challenge. Prove me wrong, Wolverines.

Where are all of the Blackman fan on here? Coach Shad enforcing a media blackout?

Milo the waters is always wet, the water is always wet. Can't talk now gotta go. Oh hey coach.....No, I wasn't on coacht, I, I, I promise ....no....OUCH....holy crap, mama! :oops: !!!!!

:popcorneater:

We are Black and BlueMan! ...holy crap!

Edited by mykidsdad

How excited do you think they should get to play a school that hasn't won a 7-aaa game since 7-aaa was created?

The last time LHS won a district game was 2007 wasn't it? And in 2008 the only win at all was against Hillwood who went winless that year?

I think Coach S.S. should use this post as bulletin board material. Just saying. Because I don't think they have the "huevos" to hang with Blackman.

There's the challenge. Prove me wrong, Wolverines.

They should be really excited this week. The Big toe is going to be back in action.

I hope coach Shad is making the right choose by playing #4. I know seeding is at stake but the bottom line is Blackman is in the playoffs. I know all the reasons for wanting to win this one and the argument of "backing into the playoffs" but: if he has a set back with his foot in this game and limits him in the playoffs that would not be good. I would think he could get a win In this one without him. Is the risk worth the reword by playing him? Love to hear some of you thoughts.

I hope coach Shad is making the right choose by playing #4. I know seeding is at stake but the bottom line is Blackman is in the playoffs. I know all the reasons for wanting to win this one and the argument of "backing into the playoffs" but: if he has a set back with his foot in this game and limits him in the playoffs that would not be good. I would think he could get a win In this one without him. Is the risk worth the reword by playing him? Love to hear some of you thoughts.

I think he needs a least a few carries to test out the toe and get back into the full swing of things. I wouldnt think there is a need for him to play at all in the second half.

I think he needs a least a few carries to test out the toe and get back into the full swing of things. I wouldnt think there is a need for him to play at all in the second half.

you g

Can't he get that in practice? I understand a game is different than practice. But you have to use him sparingly in this game. I am sure Shad has been through this before. I would say backing into the playoffs with a healthy Mahters is better than no Mathers.