McMinn -vs- Bradley

TribeFan

Not only is this game for the region championship, it's also a chance for the winner to avoid Maryville even longer in the playoffs. :thumb:

McMinn had to play Maryville twice a couple of years ago. The Rebels soundly beat an injury-plagued McMinn team early during the season, but McMinn got better and better through the season and gave Maryville a good scare in the playoffs, eventually losing 20-12 in Maryville. After the state playoffs I had an opportunity to talk to Maryville's head coach Quarles and he said McMinn County was the best team they played in the playoffs - no question.

Regardless of which team goes up against Maryville, it will be the end of the season for either McMinn or Bradley. Book it!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen both teams plus about 15 other area teams play this year. Mcminn has way more playmakers than any other team around.Mcminn will also be without that fierce little running back Plaster I think. Tribe fan you stole my score from earlier post and BUC you are right on about the Tradition. Cleveland has also been Mcminn's biggest rival the last 20 years in basketball and football due to success. However over the decades and across the many sports including girls basketball in the 80's and 90's BRADLEY-MCMINN is the key rivalry in this district. Back in the 80,s football wise it was RHEA-WHOEVER 90's Cleveland 20's still Cleveland due to people still trying to make up for the beatings they took back in the 90's. In the last 20 years I would agree that Cleveland-Bradley would be the most heated rivalry but don't dis-respect the Bears-Cherokees rivalry. Bradley has 3 major threats on offense, Mcminn has 6. The key will be on defense. Good luck to both teams Friday and into the playoffs as they will be in my opinion in the toughest Quad in the state. INJURY FREE HOPEFULLY.

McMinn had to play Maryville twice a couple of years ago. The Rebels soundly beat an injury-plagued McMinn team early during the season, but McMinn got better and better through the season and gave Maryville a good scare in the playoffs, eventually losing 20-12 in Maryville. After the state playoffs I had an opportunity to talk to Maryville's head coach Quarles and he said McMinn County was the best team they played in the playoffs - no question.

Regardless of which team goes up against Maryville, it will be the end of the season for either McMinn or Bradley. Book it!

:thumb:

Bradley does NOT see McMinn as their archrival by any means! We realize that McMinn still does for some reason, but McMinn is like number 4 or 5 on the list as far as Bradley is concerned.

It is true that this should be a great game watching these two fight it out for the championship. I think it will be tough for McMinn at Bear Stadium, but we do have two good teams matching up. Friday night will be some great football that you won't want to miss.

Really? Is the McMinn/Bradley game the second longest rivarly in the state. Think the South Pitt/Marion game is the longest. For alot of years Bradley was not very good.....You cn go back to the Shazzon Bradley days or even back as far as 1961. This is long standing high school rivarly. Will be a great game. McMinn is playing really well. Lots of weapons on offense. Bradley is at home and led by an experienced QB. Neither defense is over-powering. Going to come down to turn-overs, special teams and coaching. If I was not going to watch Alcoa and CAK, this is the game I would go to.

Seen both teams plus about 15 other area teams play this year. Mcminn has way more playmakers than any other team around.Mcminn will also be without that fierce little running back Plaster I think. Tribe fan you stole my score from earlier post and BUC you are right on about the Tradition. Cleveland has also been Mcminn's biggest rival the last 20 years in basketball and football due to success. However over the decades and across the many sports including girls basketball in the 80's and 90's BRADLEY-MCMINN is the key rivalry in this district. Back in the 80,s football wise it was RHEA-WHOEVER 90's Cleveland 20's still Cleveland due to people still trying to make up for the beatings they took back in the 90's. In the last 20 years I would agree that Cleveland-Bradley would be the most heated rivalry but don't dis-respect the Bears-Cherokees rivalry. Bradley has 3 major threats on offense, Mcminn has 6. The key will be on defense. Good luck to both teams Friday and into the playoffs as they will be in my opinion in the toughest Quad in the state. INJURY FREE HOPEFULLY.

Bradleys's major threats on offense: Justin Houston, Bryce Copeland, Rue Goldston, James Stoval,Cal Pickle and Caleb Cain,

Defense: BC holds WV and Cleveland to zero

McMinn average margin of victory in Region play 16.6

Bradley average margin of victory in Region play 26.4

Edited by hootowlhollow

Bradleys's major threats on offense: Justin Houston, Bryce Copeland, Rue Goldston, James Stoval,Cal Pickle and Caleb Cain,

Defense: BC holds WV and Cleveland to zero

McMinn average margin of victory in Region play 16.6

Bradley average margin of victory in Region play 26.4

McMinn intentionally went away from their passing game and experimented with their running game formations, etc., against Walker Valley.

McMinn jumped all over Cleveland and was up 28-0 at the half, resorting to just running the clock the second half and winning by 3 td's.

The point is, you can't always judge performances against common opponents. Bradley is highly favored and should win, but the game is played on the field.

McMinn intentionally went away from their passing game and experimented with their running game formations, etc., against Walker Valley.

McMinn jumped all over Cleveland and was up 28-0 at the half, resorting to just running the clock the second half and winning by 3 td's.

The point is, you can't always judge performances against common opponents. Bradley is highly favored and should win, but the game is played on the field.

My old friend blitzinbuc, I had a feeling I would hear from you on this game. I suppose that district 5AAA is probably down again like it was LAST YEAR, huh. That's probably why McMinn and Bradley are tied for the district going into this game. Or have we both risen to the top again? I know you hope your precious Cherokees will prevail Friday night but the x-factor will be at quarterback and # 10 from Bradley Central will lead the Bears to the district 5AAA championship. Blitz him if you can... Oh by the way, I hope the Cherokees will be as spirited as they were in July during 7 on 7 drills in Athens. Good Luck...Blitzinbuc...good luck!

My old friend blitzinbuc, I had a feeling I would hear from you on this game. I suppose that district 5AAA is probably down again like it was LAST YEAR, huh. That's probably why McMinn and Bradley are tied for the district going into this game. Or have we both risen to the top again? I know you hope your precious Cherokees will prevail Friday night but the x-factor will be at quarterback and # 10 from Bradley Central will lead the Bears to the district 5AAA championship. Blitz him if you can... Oh by the way, I hope the Cherokees will be as spirited as they were in July during 7 on 7 drills in Athens. Good Luck...Blitzinbuc...good luck!

I expect Bradley to win since they were picked #1 preseason by both media and district coaches. McMinn was picked #4 and #5 by the same, so they've really overachieved and had a great season even if they lose to Bradley.

I tell it like I see it. The District isn't really strong this year either to be honest.....nothing remotely close to the powerful teams of years ago. Not sure who either team will play, but I don't see either going deep into the playoffs. Just depends on the opponent they draw in the first round whether they advance beyond that.

I look for a great rivalry game with a great crowd watching. I predict the team whose school colors are black & gold will win. :thumb:

:roflol: I have seen both of these schools play as well but to say MC has more play makers than Bradley is crazy. I hope Mcminn plays well and wins but I'm also a realist and that tells me to go down the skill position roster, then rethink that statement. QB position advantage bradley, RB advantage bradley (Houston), Reciever advantage Bradley (Stoval), kick returner maybe advantage Mcminn. Hopefully you can prove me wrong but I'm taking Bradley in this one. I was gonna say by 3 td's but with the rain I will say 10 pts.