WebbvsUSJ and St.GvsHarding

MemphisPrep1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to clear a few things up.

1) Not a single student at Webb receives "recruited financial aid". All financial aid is awarded on a basis of financial need.

2) Faust field has not been updated since it was built. To my knowledge, there is a plan in the works to add visitor stands behind the visiting team in the next 5 years or so. The lack thereof is not malicious. It is simply a consequence of an outdated building plan.

3) Being the largest school in the division doesn't mean a thing. Over 400 students attend Webb, around 50 of which play football. The suggestion that Webb only wins because they have more students offends me.

I offer this information because I've seen Webb from the inside. I graduated from the Webb School of Knoxville and I played on the 2009 State Championship team against USJ. They were a tremendously talented team and some of the classiest players I've ever had the good fortune to play against. I have no reason to expect that the 2011 USJ team will be any different. That said, my prediction is that Webb will pull it out.

Now, let's get back to discussing the subject... the playoffs

The purpose of the post was not to offend. It is to point out the obvious. The post clearly reflects that all of the points made in combination with each other were the ingredients of dominating. Not one single item.

According to the last tssaa numbers Webb has very close to 500 kids in high school. It is clearly the largest school in the small division by a large number. To imply that greater numbers to pick players from doesn't mean anything is unimaginable. Its the very reason webb doesn't play up like BGA, Ensworth, and BA. webb doesn't think they can compete with schools considerably larger than webb. They would not make that decision if the number of students didn't matter. It clearly means something. The post did not say that Webb only wins because they have more students.

The post didn't Imply that the lack of visitors stand was malicious. It just a tough condition to play in. Im certain the new plans are at the top of the to do list of the building and grounds committee.

the post did not imply that Webb gives scholarships. the definition of "recruited financial aid" is to recruit an athlete to come play sports at your school and that there is financial aid offered for that particular student. i'm not talking a scholarship. I mean legitimate financial aid to a invited athlete who has particular skills that others may enjoy watch competing in their particular schools uniform.

back to discussing the playoffs- If webb gets beat by anybody it will be an upset. USJ appears to be more capable of that upset this year than the other schools that remain. That statement is based on the scores of the Harding-SG game, and the SG-USJ game.

Trust me buddy there will be room for all your fans. But since when does having visiting stands behind the visiting sideline make a difference? ha I have never heard that before. But back to the field, I hope USJ has more play makers then just that one guy because one guy will not beat the Spartans.

trust me buddy, was there last year and there was not enough room for all our fans. Overflow went on track all the way past the concessions so most our fans were standing and not sitting. Actually had a webb parent threaten to kick one of our parents tails because he though his seat had been taken.

But back to the field, USJ will have plenty of playmakers that will make plays on the field and will represent the school very well off the field.

trust me buddy, was there last year and there was not enough room for all our fans. Overflow went on track all the way past the concessions so most our fans were standing and not sitting. Actually had a webb parent threaten to kick one of our parents tails because he though his seat had been taken.

But back to the field, USJ will have plenty of playmakers that will make plays on the field and will represent the school very well off the field.

Ok, well I guess don't come if your going to complain, I don't care.

LOL!! Simmer down fella's!

I will have to admit, I think it will take more than Mayhall (sp?) to beat the Spartans, but USJ does have more than just him. They have a couple of big time possession receivers that can hurt you if your not careful and their QB is salty. Webb is gonna have their hands full this Friday night!

Also, we all know that the seating is not ideal at Webb, I know its what they've got and we have to just roll with it but you would think after all the success that they have had someone would step up and say, "Hey, here's some money, go build some visitor bleachers."

Gah-Lee, is it Friday yet?

Webb used money to build a state of the art press box and also more renovations around the field that you will notice. They thought that was more necessary then to build visiting bleachers considering many schools just have bleachers on one side of the field anyways. But since its the night before the game we need to get some score predictions on here. What do y'all think? I'll go with.....

Webb 42

USJ 24

They thought that was more necessary then to build visiting bleachers considering many schools just have bleachers on one side of the field anyways.

...beating a dead horse I know..but I have never been to any football field other than webbs that do not have bleachers on both sides.

score predictions

USJ 31

webb 21

Harding 21

SG 7

Hope all the players enjoy their friday night football and that they represent their schools with pride and class. God bless the seniors that end their careers friday night.

...beating a dead horse I know..but I have never been to any football field other than webbs that do not have bleachers on both sides.

score predictions

USJ 31

webb 21

Harding 21

SG 7

Hope all the players enjoy their friday night football and that they represent their schools with pride and class. God bless the seniors that end their careers friday night.

You must not have been to many football fields. And I still don't understand why that makes a difference. Oh gosh your prediction....bless your heart if you think USJ will hold Webb to 21 points. Good luck with that. Hopefully you can find a seat that suits all your needs. See you at Faust Field pal.

Seriously? What the heck difference does it even make? But I'll play your game - Knoxville Catholic, Knoxville Halls and Powell (until 2 years ago when they added to their stadium) - just to name a few. Not really that uncommon - maybe it's an East Tennessee "thang"?

Webb 42

USJ 14

Safe travels to the USJ team, students and fans.

Go Spartans!

score predictions

USJ 31

webb 21

Harding 21

SG 7

You should get out more. Anderson County, Campbell Co, Knox Central, Fulton, Lenior City, Gibbs, Knox Catholic, Halls - oh, and WEBB - all 1 set of bleachers. It's going to be cold tonight - the cozier the better. Regardless - the game will be played on the field. Same size as every other field.

Webb's offense is quick, and Webb's defense has proven they can stop anything run (or thrown) at them. I'm feeling Webb 42 - USJ 13.

You must not have been to many football fields. And I still don't understand why that makes a difference. Oh gosh your prediction....bless your heart if you think USJ will hold Webb to 21 points. Good luck with that. Hopefully you can find a seat that suits all your needs. See you at Faust Field pal.

On my way - will be there early and praying that I get your normal seat :roflol:

Good luck to all the players tonight - hoping for a good game with no injuries.

Regardless of who wins (and yes Webb should be favored), only 4 teams still playing and that's quite an accomplishment.