LIBERTY, BOLIVAR, EAST LITERATURE, STONE MEMORIAL

btownbasketball48

BOLIVAR vs. STONE MEMORIAL----------10AM

LLIBERTY vs. EAST LIT. -------------11:30AM

BOLIVAR[ WOMEN ] vs. CORDOVA--------1;30pm

LIBERTY VS. STONE MEMORIAL----------3PM

BOLIVAR vs. EAST LIT.---------------5PM

TIMES APPROXIMATE

Four of the final eight teams in 2aa from last years state finals will play in Bolivar on saturday November 19th. This will be one of the best Hall of Champions games involving 2AA teams in the state. These four teams have a good chance of returning to the Boro. Stone Mem. returns all there starters. this should be a early season classic.

Saw Stone at the Oak ridge play day and they beat Oak Ridge pretty bad. They played just as hard against a much bigger, more physical West team. They lost by 35. Couldnt make an outside shot the whole game. They, in my oppinion are the best coached team Ive seen in high School bball in the last 15 years. They will be there in the end.

Stone Mt is one of the best teams at seeing the floor and getting the ball to the open man I have ever seen. They konw how to play team ball of for sure. They do not look like BB players at all. The bigger guy in the middle is very good but his height will hurt them against bigger teams. They will do very well against teams with low BB IQ but must not rely on the 3 so much. Really enjoyed watching them.

Saw Stone at the Oak ridge play day and they beat Oak Ridge pretty bad. They played just as hard against a much bigger, more physical West team. They lost by 35. Couldnt make an outside shot the whole game. They, in my oppinion are the best coached team Ive seen in high School bball in the last 15 years. They will be there in the end.

Are you speaking of Stone? If so, Coach Buck is a great coach. He knows how to make a team play above their talent levels.

LT has PG problems to over-come and Im not saying they want over-come them. They an impressive middle man and some outside shooters. They will miss Kendall this year.

I agree LT might struggle a bit this year...Losing Anthony was a huge blow. He was a four year starter who could score and break the press by himself...

Yes, Coach Buck is who I was talking about. His coaching style, his demeanor, his poise, are perfect for high school bball. That team plays with the same poise as the coach. I just enjoy watching them play the game the way its supposed to be played.

I agree 100%. He was actually my high school's (Pickett County) coach about 15-16 years ago (his first years in coaching). He was a little more vocal then, though, but his focus on details was what won a lot of games during his PC years (not to mention a State Championship).