leading candidates for Stratford or East Lit?

mindlesschatter

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interviews starting next week - who are some of the brave souls?

I would think the DL coach already on staff, JP Craig, maybe Moreno and Campbell would give it a shot. I heard over fifty applicants for East. Stratford has reopened the position for a second time. That means the position has been open for three different times now. They must not be getting what they want. I know at one point only four people had applied. What would it take to win at Stratford and how is the overall support there?

I would think the DL coach already on staff, JP Craig, maybe Moreno and Campbell would give it a shot. I heard over fifty applicants for East. Stratford has reopened the position for a second time. That means the position has been open for three different times now. They must not be getting what they want. I know at one point only four people had applied. What would it take to win at Stratford and how is the overall support there?

The Stratford program pretty well bottomed out with a winless 2009 season, and has begun a slow rebound since, starting with the hire of Michael Steel as Principal in 2010. Steel puts a priority on the football program being successful and on building support in East Nashville/Inglewood for Stratford football. Also, Stratford is in its' first year as a STEM Magnet school, which in general means more smart kids and fewer knuckleheads in the general student population. Stratford went 3-7 in 2010 and 5-5 in 2011 (first non-losing season since 2006)----- a far cry from SHS' glory years, but there's some light at the end of the tunnel now that doesn't seem to be a gorilla holding a flashlight. Also, there are some decent youth programs in the 206/216 zip codes that didn't seem to be present a few years ago.

There are plenty of good athletes out East---- the challenge is always getting these kids to play football, so a hard worker with some charisma will be needed. But this isn't the hopeless situation that it seemed like, say, 3 years ago, when the start-up East Lit program looked like a death blow to Stratford football. But the right combination of coaching skills and sales skills could revive a sleeping giant.

Not surprising if you have been following metro football for a while. Stratford starts interviewing next week. Have a feeling they will be pleased with at least one of the candidates.

Find that a bit odd when they re-opened the job. I considered that a reflection of the quality of applicants.

I see your point. I meant that completely as a surely they will like one. I don't know any of the applicants for sure but I have heard the name Holiday as someone that was interested.

I see what you mean. Someone also mentioned on the Westmoreland thread that the RBS coach was looking around. Wouldn't be shocked to see his name pop up at either of these two schools. Quite a raise from RBS to Stratford or East Lit.

I see what you mean. Someone also mentioned on the Westmoreland thread that the RBS coach was looking around. Wouldn't be shocked to see his name pop up at either of these two schools. Quite a raise from RBS to Stratford or East Lit.

As good of a hire as I think Shouders from RBS would be for either school, I hope this is all speculation that he might be interested in Stratford or East Lit because I would really like to see him land here in Westmoreland.

The Stratford program pretty well bottomed out with a winless 2009 season, and has begun a slow rebound since, starting with the hire of Michael Steel as Principal in 2010. Steel puts a priority on the football program being successful and on building support in East Nashville/Inglewood for Stratford football. Also, Stratford is in its' first year as a STEM Magnet school, which in general means more smart kids and fewer knuckleheads in the general student population. Stratford went 3-7 in 2010 and 5-5 in 2011 (first non-losing season since 2006)----- a far cry from SHS' glory years, but there's some light at the end of the tunnel now that doesn't seem to be a gorilla holding a flashlight. Also, there are some decent youth programs in the 206/216 zip codes that didn't seem to be present a few years ago.

There are plenty of good athletes out East---- the challenge is always getting these kids to play football, so a hard worker with some charisma will be needed. But this isn't the hopeless situation that it seemed like, say, 3 years ago, when the start-up East Lit program looked like a death blow to Stratford football. But the right combination of coaching skills and sales skills could revive a sleeping giant.

King they must have who they want or at least someone they can live with. I know of quality coaches that have shown interest and have not received any communication in return. Good luck to Stratford and whomever they chose. East Lit interviews next week. Who are the frontrunners and who are the long shots?