Big 5-AA Match-Up Meigs at McMinn Central

bballer1

Would like to here what fans from both sides think.

McMinn Central is very young as is Meigs County. However, I just dont think Meigs will be able to handle the athleticism that Central will bring to the table. The sophomore for Meigs is a good player. But Central probably has at least 2 or 3 girls in their arsenal that can guard her. No one can stop Masengil period. And if the freshman comes through for Central plus an array of other talent, it could make it a very long night for Meigs.

Central's out of district schedule will help them more than Meigs will. Don't think any other team in their district can compete with them, Polk is struggling as bad as I've ever seen them without their best palyer and a new coach who obviously was handed a job he wasn't prepared for, Sequoyah has some talent in that one girl but they are not very deep. So it is between these 2 for the district and I just can't see anyone upseting the girls from Central, Meigs might get upset by someone but not Central, if you beat them you'll have to earn it.

Meigs won in overtime tonight against 2-9 Sequatchie and was fortunate to do so. If they can't rebound better than this tonight (Seq got the offensive rebound on 50 percent of their missed shots), and defend better inside-Sequatchie missed a ton of shots under the basket-McMinn Central will run them off the court. They are tough shooting the three, which was the game winning shot late.

Edited by Indian

Meigs won in overtime tonight against 2-9 Sequatchie and was fortunate to do so. If they can't rebound better than this tonight (Seq got the offensive rebound on 50 percent of their missed shots), and defend better inside-Sequatchie missed a ton of shots under the basket-McMinn Central will run them off the court. They are tough shooting the three, which was the game winning shot late.

Meigs girls not a threat at all to Central. Central will pressure the Meigs guards. It will be tough to get the open three ball against Central, Suspect Meigs will turn it over and Chargerettes will be off and running. Central has too much of everything for the Lady Tigers. Central by at least 20.

It seems everyone is in agreement. McMinn Central just has too much fire power for Meigs to contend with. If its a close game I would be extremely surprised. It seems like whenever Central loses players to graduation they just reload with more. This year is no different. They are young but extremely athletic. Central by 25.

I would like to say that everyone really UNDER rated Meigs County. I was at game last night between Meigs and McMinn Central. Those girls from meigs came to play ball and they were leading at half time. I think they will be the ones to watch this season. They are young but they play really good as a team.

I would like to say that everyone really UNDER rated Meigs County. I was at game last night between Meigs and McMinn Central. Those girls from meigs came to play ball and they were leading at half time. I think they will be the ones to watch this season. They are young but they play really good as a team.

Agreed. Meigs played well last night. The only problem though is they wont shoot the 3 in every game like they did last night. I think they hit 6 or 7 in the first half which is what helped them get the lead. Second half central didnt give them as many open looks and was able to pull away. Credit to Meigs. They were ready to play. But lets also give Central some credit. These girls are also very young plus they have a target on their back every time out being the defending state champs. Everyone is gunning to beat them. They kept their composure and came out after the half and did what they needed to do to win the game. I take nothing away from Meigs but they probably played their best game of the year last night. I cant say the same for Central.

Agreed. Meigs played well last night. The only problem though is they wont shoot the 3 in every game like they did last night. I think they hit 6 or 7 in the first half which is what helped them get the lead. Second half central didnt give them as many open looks and was able to pull away. Credit to Meigs. They were ready to play. But lets also give Central some credit. These girls are also very young plus they have a target on their back every time out being the defending state champs. Everyone is gunning to beat them. They kept their composure and came out after the half and did what they needed to do to win the game. I take nothing away from Meigs but they probably played their best game of the year last night. I cant say the same for Central.

Edited by pumba

Meigs girls not a threat at all to Central. Central will pressure the Meigs guards. It will be tough to get the open three ball against Central, Suspect Meigs will turn it over and Chargerettes will be off and running. Central has too much of everything for the Lady Tigers. Central by at least 20.

I had this predication all wrong. Lady Tigers played very well. Coach Powell had a good game plan. Lady Tigers seem to be able to match up physically. I thought the 3-2 zone force the Chargerettes into shooting the three and kept them from getting the ball inside to Massingil. Chargerette freshman continue to improve. Meigs will get some calls at their gym. The return match should be interesting.

I had this predication all wrong. Lady Tigers played very well. Coach Powell had a good game plan. Lady Tigers seem to be able to match up physically. I thought the 3-2 zone force the Chargerettes into shooting the three and kept them from getting the ball inside to Massingil. Chargerette freshman continue to improve. Meigs will get some calls at their gym. The return match should be interesting.

massengill must have gotten the ball some...paper said she had 24

Edited by pumba

massengill must have gotten the ball some...paper said she had 24

Pumba. Your right. Massingil did get the ball. And will continue to get it. Meigs doesnt have an answer for her And wont be able to find an answer. But Meigs played a great game. They have nothing to be ashamed of. They came ready to play and it showed. Like I said before, MC is just to athletic. And add to that fact their freshman are having to grow up quick and are responding.I just dont see Meigs being able to overcome it.