THS Feeder Program Comes Round Circle

CupCake

Coach Cody Cleveland is a product of the original kids club in Tullahoma,,,and his return home may set the stage for something very special,, much like Coach Henry did years ago in Soddy. Can THS be the SD of middle TN?,,,in time I think so.....key will be getting 2-3 times more kids interested in wrestling early on. Everything else is in place there now.

Back when David Cleveland wrestled I'm pretty sure Abe Lincoln was there for the opening ceremony,,,and I'm positive there was no kids or middle school program. Many many years after David wrestled,,,I traded in my helmet for a headgear my senior year at THS. Disclaimer: I started my 10th and 11th grade year playing football for Warren County under Coach Gary Rankin and Coach Bobby Newby (10th grade year I was 5'3" 138lbs Strong Safety),,started 12 grade year at THS and went both ways the entire year under Coach Joe Gaddis,,,,I said all that to say this,,,I thought I was one tough dude,,,until I wrestled my senior year.....I learned first hand you can get raped legally,,,without sex being involved. Wrestling was the toughest thing I ever did in HS,,,largely because I wasn't a product of a complete wrestling program, like I was in football.

What Coach Frank Mullins did for Tullahoma youth football back in my day,,,Coach Welch and team are still doing today. With all the dots connected,,,THS should retain all their future talent,,and in time should be a top 5 team.

20 years ago Pat Welsh and Ken Hagan started the Tullahoma Youth Team. The original 18 kids on that first team had 9 wrestling state championships, 4 wrestling state placers, 1 wrestling NCAA All-American, 1 golf state Champion, 2 MD's, 2 PHD's, 2 Master's degrees, and countless bachelor's degrees.

Since that first team, no telling how many kids have gone through the Tullahoma Youth Program. But altogether Tullahoma's Youth program has produced:

JT Hagan- 3 State Championships - 3x medalist

Matt Sweeton- 3 State Championships - 4x medalist

Brandon Brunner- 3 State Championships - 3x medalist

Cody Cleveland- 2 State Championships - 4x medalist

John Welsh- 1 State Championship - 2x medalist

Cody Quick- 1 State Championship - 2x medalist

Cody Hale- 1 State Championship (GOLF)

John Adams- 2x medalist

Alan Moran- 1x medalist

Josh Deckelman- 1x medalist

Rene Kateron- 1x medalist

Shawn Boss- 1x medalist

Ziad Aboulmouna- 1x medalist

Sunny Knight- 1x medalist

Devan Cyree- 1x medalist

Jacob Shelton- 1x medalist

Luke Fredericks- 1x medalist

It all started for Cupcake 10 years ago with Pat, Mark and David. I can't thank you men enough for begin the core reason my son is part / a product of the greatest sport in the world. Look forward to seeing THS in the State Duals soon.

CC,,,sends...

I must echo the words of cupcake and youthcoach. The Tullahoma takedown club is truly a foundation for young boys to be taught the sport of wrestling however it extends well beyond the wrestling mat. The Brunner family feels blessed to have such a foundation as we once again start over with our youngest son. Pat Welsh, David Cleveland and Mark Moran have set a positive path for young wrestlers. Thank you for your dedication!

Mitchell Brunner