spring practice and 11AAA

cougar12345

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is how I see it playing out. I am going to try and be unbiased.

1. Brentwood- Yes they have a new coach, but those players know how to win. It may not always be pretty but come November I feel like they will be on top.

2. Hillsboro- Everyone has seen the amount of athletes that are on the field at Hillsboro and now they have a coach who knows how to use them. If the Burros can't find a QB they will be further down on this list. I have them ranked this high because of potential.

3. Centennial- I am not sold yet, they scrimmaged two teams rebuilding and the Cougars are going to have to prove they know how to win before I move them up. Rector is a good coach, but those top two teams have better Johnnies and Joes.

4. Independence- I think we will be fine on the defensive side of the ball, but will we be able to score. If the Vic Wharton rumors are true then we may be in luck. Indy could finish anywhere from 2-5.

5. Ravenwood- In the coach's 2nd year they should improve. If they don't you could be looking at another coaching change.

6. Franklin- How the mighty have fallen. A year ago they were playing for the region championship but this year they may be cellar dwellers.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any 7 v 7 games that any of the district teams will be playing in this summer? I'd love to get out and see how things are shaping up for the season.

A handful of Williamson County teams usually play in the Music City Classic 7-on-7 at Vanderbilt. I'd expect the same ones that went last year to go again. That's BA, Centennial, Fairview, Franklin, and Independence. It is going on July 13-14 this year I believe.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is an update on Brentwood and Ravenwood...

http://www.brentwoodhomepage.com/its-football-time-in-tennessee-again-cms-9460

Both teams will be in action (7 on 7) next week! I love to read that Pemberton has left every single slot in the depth chart open for competition; that's going to raise the level of intensity in practice and lead to some great performances when it counts this fall. Also, it says that Ravenwood has SIX quarterbacks to choose from... I don't think I've ever seen that before.

It's footbaaaaallll tiiiiime... In Tennessee