Columbia face off

febreze

There was a shocking upset today with Columbia academy topping columbia central 1-0

But it isn't what it seems

A rough estimate of stats.

Columbia shots- 30-40

CA- 10-13

Possestion was about 90%-10% Columbia centrals way.

Columbia Academy used there small field to an advantage playing a what seemed to be a 1 striker 9 defender system.

Columbia central also hit the cross bar 3 times during the game.

Just a break down for you guys.

Great job to both teams

There was a shocking upset today with Columbia academy topping columbia central 1-0

But it isn't what it seems

A rough estimate of stats.

Columbia shots- 30-40

CA- 10-13

Possestion was about 90%-10% Columbia centrals way.

Columbia Academy used there small field to an advantage playing a what seemed to be a 1 striker 9 defender system.

Columbia central also hit the cross bar 3 times during the game.

Just a break down for you guys.

Great job to both teams

i think your stats here are WELL off... first off to say this was an upset is a bit too much CA always play great games against Columbia Central and CA always enjoys them but i would not call this an upset ok now to the shots... 40 shots? ok yea if your including the 18 that they shanked during the second half maybe but i would say more like 23 Columbia Central 12 CA now to possesion... 90%-10% what?! wow did you watch the game? the first half was dead even at 50-50 now ofcourse after CA scored in the second half they played more defensively giving away most possession at the end of the game i dont think you could argue that possession was near 63% Central 37% CA now to the formation... CA played strong in the back stoping any chances for Columbia Central in the first half only chances they had were at least 28 yards out... second half they were pressuring more and after CA scored they played way more defensively and central obviously pushed up and pressured way more to try and tie it up and a 9-1 is ridiculous i guess if CA was running a 9-1 Columbia Central must have been running a 2-8 the whole time too... obviously your facts are well off of what they truly are so this reply is simply to fill in to everyone else roughly the real stats of the game... either way a hard fought and competitive game great job to both teams and best of luck to them both in the weeks to come!

Edited by saq

^ lol at this guy. 50/50 first half????? You have absolutely lost your mind.

Central possessed the ball the entire game. You guys scored off the one of about 7 clear looks at the goal you had all game.

And as for CA having to play defensive. Your field is about the smallest field in middle TN. Never once other than one top striker, and a wing making runs did you guys ever push offensively . You guys played many long balls that Central's sweeper have you no chance at. I would be shocked if on video you boys strung more than 10 total passes together on the opposing half of the field. As for your back playing strong.

When you have about 16 people in a half on that field you are pushing it for space at all.

As for your whole "CA always plays good against central" statement. The first game central once again held ALL of the possession and had you 3-0 at halftime. Finishing the game 3-2 only because they let you guys play against there JV Squads.

Now please do not try and argue that statistically wise this game was a close match at all ...

Looks from more than 28 yards? They hit the cross bar 3 times from inside the 18. And ha numerous chances off crosses etc. granted they just didn't finish them.

#21 for CA is by far the best field player out there. CA is also blessed with an outstanding goal keeper who I can imagine is the reason for many of their wins.

Now I am not downing Columbia academy by any means, this is a particularly outstanding unit. Let's be real though, the score does not reflect the game one bit.

^ lol at this guy. 50/50 first half????? You have absolutely lost your mind.

Central possessed the ball the entire game. You guys scored off the one of about 7 clear looks at the goal you had all game.

And as for CA having to play defensive. Your field is about the smallest field in middle TN. Never once other than one top striker, and a wing making runs did you guys ever push offensively . You guys played many long balls that Central's sweeper have you no chance at. I would be shocked if on video you boys strung more than 10 total passes together on the opposing half of the field. As for your back playing strong.

When you have about 16 people in a half on that field you are pushing it for space at all.

As for your whole "CA always plays good against central" statement. The first game central once again held ALL of the possession and had you 3-0 at halftime. Finishing the game 3-2 only because they let you guys play against there JV Squads.

Now please do not try and argue that statistically wise this game was a close match at all ...

Looks from more than 28 yards? They hit the cross bar 3 times from inside the 18. And ha numerous chances off crosses etc. granted they just didn't finish them.

#21 for CA is by far the best field player out there. CA is also blessed with an outstanding goal keeper who I can imagine is the reason for many of their wins.

Now I am not downing Columbia academy by any means, this is a particularly outstanding unit. Let's be real though, the score does not reflect the game one bit.