Elizabethton (3-2) @ Sullivan South (2-2)

EHSTrack06

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw where TN High scored 55 on them. Elizabethton scrimmaged TN high the week before the season started and anyone that watched would say The Cyclones were pretty much in control of that game. Turner did not play that day. So I think that overtime win by South last year may have had a different outcome on a dry field. The Cyclones will be ready to avenge that loss and has the weapons this year to do just that.

Elizabethton 42

Sullivan South 7

I saw where TN High scored 55 on them. Elizabethton scrimmaged TN high the week before the season started and anyone that watched would say The Cyclones were pretty much in control of that game. Turner did not play that day. So I think that overtime win by South last year may have had a different outcome on a dry field. The Cyclones will be ready to avenge that loss and has the weapons this year to do just that.

Elizabethton 42

Sullivan South 7

I love the optimism Prider, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't reign in the blowout pick a little. South always has a good team and always comes with a lot of fight. They did score a bunch of points on a very good TN High defense. Also, South's strength on offense matches up with Betsy's weakness on defense: the pass game. If EHS would have shut down Science Hill's pass game, they win...but that didn't happen. Now I'm not saying that South has the athletes at receiver or quarterback that the Hill did, but they did throw for 400+ on Friday night. I think this one will be a dog fight all night long with EHS trying to control the ball and the clock with the dominate running game and South looking for the big play threat through the air. I can't wait for Friday!

Edited by Sportsnut84

I love the optimism Prider, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't reign in the blowout pick a little. South always has a good team and always comes with a lot of fight. They did score a bunch of points on a very good TN High defense. Also, South's strength on offense matches up with Betsy's weakness on defense: the pass game. If EHS would have shut down Science Hill's pass game, they win...but that didn't happen. Now I'm not saying that South has the athletes at receiver or quarterback that the Hill did, but they did throw for 400+ on Friday night. I think this one will be a dog fight all night long with EHS trying to control the ball and the clock with the dominate running game and South looking for the big play threat through the air. I can't wait for Friday!

Agree and it will be close game and Friday can't get here soon enough.

I know we have to pass a little to keep defences honest, but when you average almost 5-6 yds a run, you really don't need to throw it. Our strength is our running game unlike past years. I would rather run it down their throat and wear them down and get a "w" then throw it more and take chance of defence being on field longer. That's just my opnion. Run it till they stop us, that's how alcoa has won so many games by only throwing it to keep defences honest.