Chatt. Central @ Soddy Daisy

SoddyDaisyLegend

Let me say this I have been to every game this year and have seen the boys play and the coaches coach and my outlook on this football program just isn't very good. My outlook is that our team is outmatched in every way possible from speed and quickness to size. I have been around and have seen this program with some major size and some pretty good athletes. This is a 6a program with 1a type talent to be honest. My point in all of this is that for some of the so called soddy daisy fans who post on here you sure do not see the big picture. The coaches we have are not bad coaches they just do not have any talent to work with. You people sit on here every week hoping soddy loses just so you can get on here and talk about how bad you want Orr out. If you want to make an argument of why he should or shouldn't stay look at all the facts. The overall academics of the football team is great because from what I know from people within the program he demands a lot when it comes to making good grades. You just do not hear of a lot of misconduct that brings embarassment to the program, again that is because Orr demands a lot from the student athletes to do the right thing. Are they winning every week? the answer is no, but it isn't like he can recruit great athletes to this program to compete with bradley, ooltewah, mcminn, red bank, central, baylor, cleveland. I listed these programs because when you see these teams play there is a huge difference in talent compared to the product on the field at soddy. Soddy is relatively small for a 6a progam and very slow, those things get you beat. For SDFOOTBALLFAN to want this staff gone and to get on here behind a username and bash these coaches is insane. The thing is if you do not know football, then you should not say anything because I bet you could not do a better job coaching. Just look at what is on the field, ray charles could see that there isn't talent to compete. In my opinion the coaches are working miracles by beating red bank, rhea county, and taking central to OT. Red bank was way more athletic then soddy and rhea county's o-line and d-line were better than soddy's. Central had a clear speed difference and soddy out schemed central's coaches. Here is the deal coaches can't go block, run the ball, run the routes, catch the ball, or throw the ball for these kids. Coaches can't tackle, fill gaps, pass rush, or cover the opposing team's receivers for these kids. all they can do is coach their tails off to get the kids in the best possible situation. The player has to go execute and if you are telling me that a receiver dropping a pass is a coaches fault, then you are crazy. For SDFOOTBALLFAN to claim that the qb playing defense is a bad thing, then you are crazy because he is one of the best athletes on the team and if you want to win you play your best athletes. If you want to lose, then he should play qb only. It only helps the standifer kid playing safety when it comes to getting the attention of college coaches. SDFOOTBALLFAN you are not a true fan and you are only hurting the program, players, and coaches by spewing the crap out of your mouth that you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is a 6a program with 1a type talent to be honest." Not sure that is the case but we do have 1A type depth. Here is the bottom line the QB is my son and I cant say that I agree with him playing defense full time, but I feel the reason he has to is because of the kids sitting in the stands that dont play because they are listening to what people like SDFF say and think the coaches are not worth playing for. If everyone would just come to the games to support the team and not to bash the coaches things would probably be better than they are. Kids would play football because they want to play football and not sit in the stands because their parents or SDFF say the coaches dont know anything. I guess what I am saying is we have enough talent (or definately kids that could help depth wise) walking the hallway to play with Bradley, Red Bank, Cleveland, McMinn, and Ooltewah (you can forget Baylor they will go get kids from all over the country to win) but if all they ever hear is how stupid the coaches are why would they want to play for them. No coach will ever succeed without support from the fans and the community. Go Trojans!!!

"This is a 6a program with 1a type talent to be honest." Not sure that is the case but we do have 1A type depth. Here is the bottom line the QB is my son and I cant say that I agree with him playing defense full time, but I feel the reason he has to is because of the kids sitting in the stands that dont play because they are listening to what people like SDFF say and think the coaches are not worth playing for. If everyone would just come to the games to support the team and not to bash the coaches things would probably be better than they are. Kids would play football because they want to play football and not sit in the stands because their parents or SDFF say the coaches dont know anything. I guess what I am saying is we have enough talent (or definately kids that could help depth wise) walking the hallway to play with Bradley, Red Bank, Cleveland, McMinn, and Ooltewah (you can forget Baylor they will go get kids from all over the country to win) but if all they ever hear is how stupid the coaches are why would they want to play for them. No coach will ever succeed without support from the fans and the community. Go Trojans!!!

Ok, Trojansrule4ever what SDL and I both know from being around these kids since they were 7 years old is that there is enough good if not great talent walking around the halls to make up a very competitive 1a football program. We ARE the LARGEST program as far as numbers go in Hamilton County, we have 2 feeder middle school programs, but if you look at our sidelines and Central's you would see that those numbers aren't represented by the number of kids on each team. As far as #14 goes, I promise you, and SDL will back me up is that he is not going to be recruited as a Safety. If he weren't a QB he would put on 20lbs and be one of the most dominate defensive ends you'd ever seen. Playing him both ways wears him down and he CANNOT play to the best of his ability at QB and he is not able to have time on the sideline to get the needed instruction from Coach Roberts. The recruits aren't going to take into consideration when they look at the film and say well he couldn't avoid that tackler or make that throw because he was tired. There is a lot of frustration going on with the program. Especially when you compare it to the other sports teams at SD (funny how the lack of talent doesn't affect them). So there will be things said whether it be on this message board or at the games.There maybe one or two who get on here only to bash the coaches but there are some on here playing nicely too. However, DONT BE A HYPOCRITE and start bad mouthing kids who aren't getting paid to play this game, and yes I know not all coaches are getting paid. Lets try to put all this behind and focus on the next remaining 5 games, they aren't getting any easier.

We at Central lose a lot of kids to Ooltewah, that to be honest should not be there. But so be it. Its up to the coaches to make the best with what they have. We do have some good talent but not always play up to their potential. The Soddy game was one of the best games thus far from the coaching staff and players. Hopefully they can build off that momentum. Good luck to yall at Soddy. My Son said they seemed like a good group..nice and not really any cheap shots.

Let me say this I have been to every game this year and have seen the boys play and the coaches coach and my outlook on this football program just isn't very good. My outlook is that our team is outmatched in every way possible from speed and quickness to size. I have been around and have seen this program with some major size and some pretty good athletes. This is a 6a program with 1a type talent to be honest. My point in all of this is that for some of the so called soddy daisy fans who post on here you sure do not see the big picture. The coaches we have are not bad coaches they just do not have any talent to work with. You people sit on here every week hoping soddy loses just so you can get on here and talk about how bad you want Orr out. If you want to make an argument of why he should or shouldn't stay look at all the facts. The overall academics of the football team is great because from what I know from people within the program he demands a lot when it comes to making good grades. You just do not hear of a lot of misconduct that brings embarassment to the program, again that is because Orr demands a lot from the student athletes to do the right thing. Are they winning every week? the answer is no, but it isn't like he can recruit great athletes to this program to compete with bradley, ooltewah, mcminn, red bank, central, baylor, cleveland. I listed these programs because when you see these teams play there is a huge difference in talent compared to the product on the field at soddy. Soddy is relatively small for a 6a progam and very slow, those things get you beat. For SDFOOTBALLFAN to want this staff gone and to get on here behind a username and bash these coaches is insane. The thing is if you do not know football, then you should not say anything because I bet you could not do a better job coaching. Just look at what is on the field, ray charles could see that there isn't talent to compete. In my opinion the coaches are working miracles by beating red bank, rhea county, and taking central to OT. Red bank was way more athletic then soddy and rhea county's o-line and d-line were better than soddy's. Central had a clear speed difference and soddy out schemed central's coaches. Here is the deal coaches can't go block, run the ball, run the routes, catch the ball, or throw the ball for these kids. Coaches can't tackle, fill gaps, pass rush, or cover the opposing team's receivers for these kids. all they can do is coach their tails off to get the kids in the best possible situation. The player has to go execute and if you are telling me that a receiver dropping a pass is a coaches fault, then you are crazy. For SDFOOTBALLFAN to claim that the qb playing defense is a bad thing, then you are crazy because he is one of the best athletes on the team and if you want to win you play your best athletes. If you want to lose, then he should play qb only. It only helps the standifer kid playing safety when it comes to getting the attention of college coaches. SDFOOTBALLFAN you are not a true fan and you are only hurting the program, players, and coaches by spewing the crap out of your mouth that you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blah Blah Blah. You must be related to one of the coaches.

What you are saying is the coaches cant get kids to play.

Ok, Trojansrule4ever what SDL and I both know from being around these kids since they were 7 years old is that there is enough good if not great talent walking around the halls to make up a very competitive 1a football program. We ARE the LARGEST program as far as numbers go in Hamilton County, we have 2 feeder middle school programs, but if you look at our sidelines and Central's you would see that those numbers aren't represented by the number of kids on each team. As far as #14 goes, I promise you, and SDL will back me up is that he is not going to be recruited as a Safety. If he weren't a QB he would put on 20lbs and be one of the most dominate defensive ends you'd ever seen. Playing him both ways wears him down and he CANNOT play to the best of his ability at QB and he is not able to have time on the sideline to get the needed instruction from Coach Roberts. The recruits aren't going to take into consideration when they look at the film and say well he couldn't avoid that tackler or make that throw because he was tired. There is a lot of frustration going on with the program. Especially when you compare it to the other sports teams at SD (funny how the lack of talent doesn't affect them). So there will be things said whether it be on this message board or at the games.There maybe one or two who get on here only to bash the coaches but there are some on here playing nicely too. However, DONT BE A HYPOCRITE and start bad mouthing kids who aren't getting paid to play this game, and yes I know not all coaches are getting paid. Lets try to put all this behind and focus on the next remaining 5 games, they aren't getting any easier.

What you are saying is the coaches cant get kids to play.