DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version) 2012-13 R U Ready 4 This?

dgeeman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Praying that Austin will be able to play somewhere that will provide a great atmosphere, education, college experience, and a chance to play. A few colleges and jucos have contacted Austin...but the process is more complex than just an offer to play due to scholarships available, costs at schools, etc...We'll have to see what happens in April...but for now...it is about finishing the season strong.

Go Eagles!

See you at FRA this weekend...good luck to all the teams that are still alive. It doesn't happen all the time...but I feel that all the teams who deserve to be at the Region are there this weekend. Personally I would love to see all four of these teams at the State Tournament...there is just a lot of good players and parents from each team that I have actually come to love. Good luck everyone!

Keeping it clean!

Gman

Well the Regions have been played and the seeds were as expected in the East/Mid. No upsets, no surprises...but I can't answer for the West side. But here is what is going down for games this Saturday for a berth in the State Tournament.

FRA vs FACS will find Franklin Road Academy hosting FACS

Knox Webb vs Harding Academy will find the true Road Warriors Harding Academy who have to span almost the entire state to play the Spartans

DCA vs Lausanne will find last year's State Champions with a chance to repeat traveling to Lausanne

Ezell vs ECS basically a true David vs Goliath matchup

While the Mid/East dominated the state tourney last year some are thinking that the West side might be a tad stronger. I guess we'll know in a few days. Good luck to all the teams who have made it this far!

Keeping it clean!

Gman

• 4 months later...

Any word on where Gee is going to play college ball?

Well it's been quite a while since basketball season has wrapped up but was just wondering where some of the players in our division were going to play at the next level at.

Austin Gee will be attending Division III Maryville College in the Fall.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/high-school-sports/2013/05/21/ezell-hardings-gee-signs-with-maryville/

FRA graduated two of their big guys. Chance Bouldin will be at Division II Dominican and Kessler Bell is at Division II Flagler.

I believe Carson Outlaw, DCA is going to Welch College and might be playing two sports.

I think Gunter Miller, DA, is playing attending Centre College.

Who am I missing? I am particularly interested in Joshua Joy...where is he attending next year?

Oh...always forget about those guys in the East. Knox Webb's Burton Sampson is at Belmont.

Help me out...who else is playing and where?

Still keeping it clean!

Gman

Well it's been quite a while since basketball season has wrapped up but was just wondering where some of the players in our division were going to play at the next level at.

Austin Gee will be attending Division III Maryville College in the Fall.

http://blogs.tenness...with-maryville/

FRA graduated two of their big guys. Chance Bouldin will be at Division II Dominican and Kessler Bell is at Division II Flagler.

I believe Carson Outlaw, DCA is going to Welch College and might be playing two sports.

I think Gunter Miller, DA, is playing attending Centre College.

Who am I missing? I am particularly interested in Joshua Joy...where is he attending next year?

Oh...always forget about those guys in the East. Knox Webb's Burton Sampson is at Belmont.

Help me out...who else is playing and where?

Still keeping it clean!

Gman

Burton Sampson is actually a preferred walk-on for Belmont so hopefully he will be seeing some court time this year or next.

From FRA, Dalton Ponchillia will be playing football at Mercer in Macon, GA, and Joe Madsen will be playing baseball for Christian Brothers in Memphis. Not basketball, but these guys were contributors on the court for DII-A for several years running and their athletic success should be acknowledged!

And if anyone is interested in players from DII-A West, they have a number of D-1 commits. Good coverage of most of the Tennessee players going to the next level can be found at TennesseePrepHoops.com.