Sequoyah @ DeKalb 1st Rd

Stealer007

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Phillips doesn't play DC still wins by 14 atleast because Puckett or Molander in the wildcat would be hard to stop. Puckett has a good arm so we would be able to still throw passes.

Without Phillips, I say DC by 4; with a limited Phillips I say DC by 11; with a healthy Phillips then DC by 24. I know Puckett is a great athlete and has a strong arm but he has not had to read defenses and make throws. I would not trust putting the ball in his hands that way with the exception of some WR screens and maybe a fly route or two throwing to the outside shoulder where it is either caught or goes out of bounds. Both young men are great athletes but typically the wildcat is a change of pace not the base offense. Very little time to change the basic nature of our offense and be effective.

I think we'll be alright. We have enough athletes to get it done. Enough speed to not need the long throws. If we do have him then I am more than confident we will be fine. Can't overlook Sequoyah, though. Seems like it's beginning to get that way. They like to run, after McCoin and Hayes we're coming off a huge dose of that. Maybe we'll tighten it up on defense.

We havent seen the wildcat all year, and is Puckett now the backup QB. JC give us the low down.

Take my word for what it's worth but Coach Trapp will not play AP at quarterback in a playoff game. Puckett will take the snaps and either hand off to Will, run it himself, or throw a quick slant. Our defense will win this game for us. But Puckett at QB don't sound bad he will run for 5 yards almost everytime so I'm not worried about offense