District 5-A Boys Basketball

taydizzle

Grace went to the State Tourney last year and CSAS lost in the Substate.....both to eventual champion Friendship. What does this district look like this year?

Well, Grace loss their foundation , Corey Nelson. That said, they won't have any powerhouse scoring from that position because for two straight season they depended on him for scoring and getting the team hyped with his dunks. CSAS has traditonally been atop of that District and look to be District and Region Championships this year because the district will not be as strong and as tough as it has been for a while. CSAS has returning Point Guard Chaison Gordon and Shooting Guard Patrick Taylor. They are a tandem and good combo guard unity. I expect them to run through the district with no problem this year, the real challenge will come from the Region Tournament and how that plays out.

Well, Grace loss their foundation , Corey Nelson. That said, they won't have any powerhouse scoring from that position because for two straight season they depended on him for scoring and getting the team hyped with his dunks. CSAS has traditonally been atop of that District and look to be District and Region Championships this year because the district will not be as strong and as tough as it has been for a while. CSAS has returning Point Guard Chaison Gordon and Shooting Guard Patrick Taylor. They are a tandem and good combo guard unity. I expect them to run through the district with no problem this year, the real challenge will come from the Region Tournament and how that plays out.

Althought Chaison and Patrick may be able to create some offense, I would not count out Grace or Boyd so fast. I hear both have some guards that can fill up the basket as well. It should be a good test for all in this district this year.

Althought Chaison and Patrick may be able to create some offense, I would not count out Grace or Boyd so fast. I hear both have some guards that can fill up the basket as well. It should be a good test for all in this district this year.

Don't get me wrong, Boyd has talent this year with Q and Hall Allen, but with out their ability to match the height of the other district teams, I just don't see shooting ability to be a factor. They need a post presence to stop teams. Also, rumors have spread that they are loosing senior guard John Hale due to his desire to play baseball. Silverdale lost Justin, Nate, and Stephen, 3 of there best players. I don't see Spencer Mossburg doing much by himself because he isn't extremely athletic enough to fare off against CSAS and Boyd alone. Copper Basin is always good competition because those boys bring good rough, physical games, but never have the talent or atheltism to dominate or beat the upper district teams. Grace lost Corey Nelson, their foundation. Is big man Austin Powell going to be enough? I don't think so. They lack the depth they've have in recent years. I'm giving the favor as of now to CSAS because of the returning player they have in Nick Moore, Brandon Houston, Patrick Taylor, and Chaison Gordon. Now, with that returning core, if they can add some addition height and a big man to their arsenal, it will be very tough for the district to keep up with their atheltism.