TN Stars/TN Raiders forming 12-U team

The TN Stars and TN Raiders are combining forces this year to form a national-caliber 12-U team. Team will be based in Knoxville/Oak Ridge area but will travel extensively for practices and games. Any player born in 1990 is eligible. Please call 865-531-8607 or 865-457-0071 or e-mail gshoops75@hotmail.com or bbcoachd@aol.com for more information. We would love to come see you play and talk about our plans for the spring. Have a great season!

Posted by showtime7:

Who is going to coach this team. Did the Raiders even have a team in this age group last year.

Yes, the Raiders had a team at this age group last year. Finished 3rd in the east I believe. Both teams ok last year, neither great. Whole will be greater than sum of parts. Coaches will be David Ball (2nd year with Stars, Farragut boys assistant) and Grant Shanks (3rd year with Stars, 5th overall) with assistance from Raiders staff.

You're right, JW. Eric is a good coach and we have a good relationship. In speaking with him, I know he wants to coach his daughter another year or so since that opportunity will not always exist. So, as of right now, I think he's gonna put together his own team. I have told him personally that I support his decision. He knows that his daughter and the other players you mentioned have a standing invitation to try-out for our team if he happens to change his mind or if the kids and their parents themselves change their minds. Either way it works out, I wish him the best of luck.