Big Games in Cookeville - Championship Games

kwc

Okay, with my disclaimer above, here you go:

1. Webb (Webb's been tested -- ECS can't stop both Blance and Kelly).

2. Ensworth

3. Gordonsville

4. CAK (a 3A machine)

5. Beech (Hurd is the difference)

6. FCS

7. Covington (would like to pick Fulton but Covington seems awfully strong)

8. Maryville (MHS is a bit banged up, so I think this one is really a toss-up).

Disclaimer noted.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville (boy, I hope I'm wrong; I will be rooting for Whitehaven)

fourthree, this reminds me of a few years back when Whitehaven was building the program and you and I had a philosophical discussion about the Tigers. You were sceptical then, and I had to present to you their body of work and their incredible efficiency, learning, and improvement. I'm reminded of that now. Man ... it's been a wonderful ride watching the coaches and the players figure this thing out hasn't it?

fourthree, this reminds me of a few years back when Whitehaven was building the program and you and I had a philosophical discussion about the Tigers. You were sceptical then, and I had to present to you their body of work and their incredible efficiency, learning, and improvement. I'm reminded of that now. Man ... it's been a wonderful ride watching the coaches and the players figure this thing out hasn't it?

Yes, KWC, it has been wonderful watching the coaches, players, and all required to build a first-rate program, figure it out. I actually like this Whitehaven team a little better than last year's team, due to the quarterback, and the continued improvement and maturation of the coaching staff. If the coaches and players have the right mindset and can maintain composure and make the necessary adjustments (which could be just sticking to a particular game plan), when needed, they have an excellent chance of winning this game. Last year's game was a great learning experience for Whitehaven.

Keep an eye on this thread; I may change my pick to the "Whitehaven Tigers!" For me, this is a tough one to call.

Edited by fourthree

Yes, KWC, it has been wonderful watching the coaches, players, and all required to build a first-rate program, figure it out. I actually like this Whitehaven team a little better than last year's team, due to the quarterback, and the continued improvement and maturation of the coaching staff. If the coaches and players have the right mindset and can maintain composure and make the necessary adjustments (which could be just sticking to a particular game plan), when needed, they have an excellent chance of winning this game. Last year's game was a great learning experience for Whitehaven.

Keep an eye on this thread; I may change my pick to the "Whitehaven Tigers!" For me, this is a tough one to call.

I've got the ole eagle eye fixed on this thread watching to see if you give in to your 'homeristic urges'. LOLOLOLOL ... :roflolk:

Big Games in Cookville - Championship Games Results

kwc = 4-4 (50%)

TNHSFOOTBALLFAN = 3-5 (38%)

AllRegion = 7-1 (88%) Silver Star Recipient

BlackHavenSenator = 3-5 (38%)

GWAVE1 = 6-2 (75%)

tuskegee21 = 4-4 (50%)

MountainTroll = 7-1 (88%) Silver Star Recipient

olddevil = 6-2 (75%)

FBCRAZY = 3-5 (38%)

BARTLETTHSGRAD04 = 3-5 (38%)

Moronicus = 6-2 (75%)

fourthree = 4-4 (50%)

Edited by kwc

Big Games in Memphis, Play-off Edition End of Season Standings

(After Championship Games)

t-1) fourthree ... 42-13 (76%)

t-1) olddevil ... 42-13 (76%)

3) FBCRAZY ... 38-17 (69%)

4) BARTLETTHSGRAD04 ... 37-18 (67%)

5) kwc ... 36-19 (66%)

6) BlackHavenSenator ... 35-20 (64%)

First, I would like to say that it is just too difficult to try and keep up with everyone who participated on a part time basis, so therefore I've only tallied those who participated throughout the entire post season.

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the regular season and in the post season. It has been a blast. Thanks for your participation.

Edited by kwc